Apple alone now holds 10% of all US corporate cash

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 66
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by mrnohnaimers View Post

Since when did holding large cash positions = practicing responsible business and when did not holding large cash positions = irresponsible business practice?

When those without them are too incompetent to generate them and when those without them tend to overspend into oblivion.

Simple.

• Reply 62 of 66
    jpmiajpmia Posts: 63member
    OMG only 147 billion! and there products are not selling well... domed stick should be at $100 bucks... CNBC
  • Reply 63 of 66
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    When posting or when editing posts? That used to happen on the latter for me (they seem to have fixed it now), but Mavericks and Safari 7.

Now I think about it I think it is editing ... I run Mavericks and 7 too but was in 10.8.5 at the time. Good to know it isn't happening in 10.9.
  • Reply 64 of 66
    zoetmbzoetmb Posts: 2,654member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Douglas Bailey View Post

Lend money to the US Govt. is that safe?

It is actually quite safe except when Congress refuses to lift the debt limit.

• Reply 65 of 66
    If Apple has so much cash, it's probably because of its lake of innovation.
    Buying systematically the best enterprise of any new technology to see what can be done with it to create new products later, it's what this cash is made for. Moreover, it would preserve the secret on Apple's new products, as it's impossible to know what one could do with its library.
    I think Woz would be happy to play with new technologies and ask to customers' needs.
    I would be so happy to have the holographic keyboard !
  • Reply 66 of 66
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    If Apple has so much cash, it's probably because of its lake of innovation.
    Buying systematically the best enterprise of any new technology to see what can be done with it to create new products later, it's what this cash is made for. Moreover, it would preserve the secret on Apple's new products, as it's impossible to know what one could do with its library.
    I think Woz would be happy to play with new technologies and ask to customers' needs.
    I would be so happy to have the holographic keyboard !

Spending money just to spend is pointless. You can't just throw money at innovation. You can't innovate on a schedule. Even with its cash horde, Apple still out-innovates its competition.