iOS 7 update brings more Wi-Fi issues for some iPhone 4S owners

Comments

• Reply 81 of 117

Update to mine: now the side buttons don't work and I get no volume whatsoever on my phone. :)

It worked on Saturday just fine. Then Sunday, I went to watch a video on YouTube - no sound. Then I went to watch a video I recorded Saturday night - no sound. 

When I press the up and down volume buttons, nothing appears on the screen (as to raise or lower the volume). 

I reset, restored, re-did everything that everyone always tells me to do. 

So I guess since my hardware is broken (hence the wifi) now the volume is gone too. 

Its actually starting to be fairly funny and makes a good betting game: which thing will break next? 

• Reply 82 of 117
    megsmore wrote: »
    which thing will break next?

For your sake the phone itself!
  • Reply 83 of 117
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MegsMore View Post

Update to mine: now the side buttons don't work and I get no volume whatsoever on my phone. :)

It worked on Saturday just fine. Then Sunday, I went to watch a video on YouTube - no sound. Then I went to watch a video I recorded Saturday night - no sound. 

When I press the up and down volume buttons, nothing appears on the screen (as to raise or lower the volume). 

I reset, restored, re-did everything that everyone always tells me to do. 

So I guess since my hardware is broken (hence the wifi) now the volume is gone too. 

Its actually starting to be fairly funny and makes a good betting game: which thing will break next? 

Have you put iOS 6 back on it? Oh and don'ty retore from your backup on your computer as that's where the corrupt code would be stored from previous backups if a corrupt OS is part of the problem.

• Reply 84 of 117

You were right because it just turned black on me and its no more! I can't get it to do anything. Its just black. There was a real progression of warning signs there I guess! 

• Reply 85 of 117
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MegsMore View Post

You were right because it just turned black on me and its no more! I can't get it to do anything. Its just black. There was a real progression of warning signs there I guess! 

Ah that's too bad. I hated when my new iPhone 5 bricked on me: odd how used to the convenience I'd become.

• Reply 86 of 117

I tried to reset to original factory settings. No change.  Connecting to Wi-fi is sporadic. Also the battery drains quickly despite having turned off most the applications.  Phone is extremely slow.  No warranty..   sigh.

• Reply 87 of 117

I agree. fix the problem or give us a new phone!

• Reply 88 of 117

this is an ios issue.  apple is keeping pretty quiet about it.  i've read a lot of posts and forums on several websites.  it's too bad customers are left trying to deal with this obvious ios issue.  there's many odd fixes out there, like heating the chip with a hand held heater, to reseting, restoring, sim card removal, etc.  

apple needs to put the fix out ASAP or they will lose a lot of credibility and customers.  confidence is starting to wane with this company.... samsung seems to be postured in the right place right now... perhaps, this is the right time for them now, as well.

• Reply 89 of 117

Shut up, moron.

• Reply 90 of 117

my iPhone 4s  has the wifi grayed out since upgrading to iOS 7.    all the resets on the phone don't work to fix it.  

:-(      apple can't ignore this or cover it up.  there are too many complaining for it not to be real.  just like the big antenna gate,

was it with iphone4?  should we be going back to the apple store.  

• Reply 91 of 117
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    philboogie wrote: »
    Hairdryer-gate. Good thing we can't open our gate at home with the iPhone. We'd have a gate-gate on our hands.

Or if Bill had a problem it would be Gates-gate ... ;)

And if Apple unsuccessfully lobbied for a new bill that would allow for a tax holiday we'd have a bill-gate.
    :D
  • Reply 92 of 117
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    autumn123 wrote: »
    I tried to reset to original factory settings. No change.  Connecting to Wi-fi is sporadic. Also the battery drains quickly despite having turned off most the applications.  Phone is extremely slow.  No warranty..   sigh.

autumn123 wrote: »
    I agree. fix the problem or give us a new phone!

So now your phone can't make calls anymore also? So you start replying to yourself?
  • Reply 93 of 117
    I'm having this issue on my 4S. Upgraded all the way through 7.0.3 without any problems, then suddenly one day WiFi wouldn't work anymore - button greyed out. Tried the freezer thing, left if turned off for 24 hours, reset network settings, did a full restore of iOS, nothing worked. I originally bought Apple hardware because I wanted something that just worked and I was ready to pay more for that. Now I'm down to fumbling around (already had issues with iTunes backup which took me quite some time to solve) and my personal feeling is that the number of glitches I'm experiencing is increasing over time with new releases of iTunes and iOS. At this point I'm seriously considering to walk away from Apple.
  • Reply 94 of 117
    Originally Posted by nofanboy View Post

At this point I'm seriously considering to walk away from Apple.

Bye.

You realize that everything else on the market is Schmidt, right?

• Reply 95 of 117
    Apple should be punished and everyone should "STOP" buying their shitty stuff. They chose to blame this issue to the broken hardware(that's the end result caused by ""APPLE""), but not telling us what the root cause is. I can't believe how contemptible they are. I have called Asia apple care and they told me they didn't see this issue reported in Asia and they won't acknowledge any evidence from apple forum or websites. I was pissed and told them that if I paid the stupid fee, can you promise me you refund my fee if the new phone exhibits the same problem after the upgrade? They said they can't promise that and they can only make another replacement if it happens. WTF. If they are so confident with their damn phone/iOS7, why can't they promise that? Then I called US apple care. I sent them the link about this problem in apple forum and she told me "I do want to let you know that the likelihood of heat causing the wifi to be grayed out is extremely slim.". I don't know if they are all blind or retarded. Even with so many postings, they can still ignore it and educate their staff to talk this BS. I really want to know if this issue happens to their own phone, what would they react??? Believe this BS themselves!~ ? APPLE, please stop wasting our time. I don't want to try fixing your damn phone myself!!! My next step will go for media and force them to speak up!!!!
  • Reply 96 of 117
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Damnapple View Post

.APPLE, please stop wasting our time. I don't want to try fixing your damn phone myself!!! My next step will go for media and force them to speak up!!!!

We,, it's actually your phone since you bought it right?

Why not short out all the drama by accepting the replacement or just buy a newer iPhone or another from a different manufacturer?

• Reply 97 of 117

Yes it is my phone, but i didn't make this phone. I regretted I bought it at first place. If your car dealer changed a part after your car is out of warranty and causes your car fails to start. Are you happy to pay for it or buy another new car from them? Think about it.  I am not asking unreasonable compensation, but a correct answer/action from Apple. But all I got are irrational excuses and deny. Sigh...... 

• Reply 98 of 117
    damnapple wrote: »
    Yes it is my phone, but i didn't make this phone. I regretted I bought it at first place. If your car dealer changed a part after your car is out of warranty and causes your car fails to start. Are you happy to pay for it or buy another new car from them? Think about it.  I am not asking unreasonable compensation, but a correct answer/action from Apple. But all I got are irrational excuses and deny. Sigh...... 
    Why does it matter why it won't work? If you are out of warranty, Apple does not need to do anything for you. You can get it replaced at the Genius Bar for a fee ($149 us I believe). You are out of warranty. What don't you understand? Go to the media? For what? So they can laugh at you? Your phone is two years old and out of warranty. Electronics fail that is why warranties and extended warranties exist. If you are unhappy with those options, look elsewhere and good luck.
  • Reply 99 of 117

Ya my phone is out of warranty. So what. Apple keeps suggesting me upgrading to iOS7 and breaks my phone. So they don't need to take any responsibility???  Not even a sorry from them.  If you are willing to pay 200 dollars for a refurbished phone which might happen same issue again and again.  Please go ahead and buy it yourself. I would rather spend this money for another manufacture's phone. The money is not the most important thing. I am looking for justice ok???? Because this issue doesn't happened to you, so you can give an onlooker's unsolicited comments. If you don't have this issue, please shut up and go comment at other place because you are not helping. 

• Reply 100 of 117
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    damnapple wrote: »
    Ya my phone is out of warranty. So what. Apple keeps suggesting me upgrading to iOS7 and breaks my phone. So they don't need to take any responsibility???  Not even a sorry from them.  If you are willing to pay 200 dollars for a refurbished phone which might happen same issue again and again.  Please go ahead and buy it yourself. I would rather spend this money for another manufacture's phone. <span style="line-height:1.4em;">The money is not the most important thing. I am looking for</span>
    <span style="line-height:1.4em;"> justice ok???? Because this issue doesn't happened to you, so you can</span>
    <span style="line-height:1.4em;">give </span>
    an onlooker's unsolicited comments. If you don't have this issue, please shut up and go comment at other place because you are not helping. 

Go for it. You dont have to worry about upgrading the OS then.