iOS 7 update brings more Wi-Fi issues for some iPhone 4S owners

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 117
    [quote name="Damnapple" url="/t/160054/ios-7-update-brings-more-wi-fi-issues-for-some-iphone-4s-owners/90#post_2434317"]Ya my phone is out of warranty. So what. Apple keeps suggesting me upgrading to iOS7 and breaks my phone. So they don't need to take any responsibility???  Not even a sorry from them.  If you are willing to pay 200 dollars for a refurbished phone which might happen same issue again and again.  Please go ahead and buy it yourself. I would rather spend this money for another manufacture's phone. The money is not the most important thing. I am looking for
     justice ok???? Because this issue doesn't happened to you, so you can
    give 
    an onlooker's unsolicited comments. If you don't have this issue, please shut up and go comment at other place because you are not helping. 

Actually I was hoping you would quit crying and grow up. The whole point of a warranty is that the company stops being responsible for any issues after the warranty period. If it lasted two years without issue, then apple does not NEED to do anything. The responsibility to do something about it falls to you. You are posting on a forum. How are my comments unsolicited? You my friend need a dictionary. Look up warranty and forum and then go away
  • Reply 102 of 117
    Please sign the petition here:

http://wh.gov/lKjFd

Here's some more information about this petition:

Apple should replace all broken iphone4s for free due to update of iOS7 which destroys wifi chip.

Apple refuses to investigate and give a clear answer on this in public. They tried to ignore all evidences or analysis which shows it is a problem caused by its software. They blamed this problem to customer's defective hardware without evidence. It is obvious against the law. We need US government's attention!!!!
  • Reply 103 of 117
    damnapple wrote: »
    Please sign the petition

That's not gonna fly. Any petition for that matter. But you know that, right?
  • Reply 104 of 117
    Originally Posted by Damnapple View Post

Please sign the petition here:

Never. You need to be personally investigated for wasting government time with this nonsense. 

• Reply 105 of 117

WIFI Greyed out in iOS7 iPhone 4 or iPhone 4s is a hardware issue and you need professional help. podmod de fixes the issue for 69 Euros in 20 Minutes. check the website and get it repaired. See http://www.podmod.de/

• Reply 106 of 117

Tried the hair blow dryer method for the same Wi-FI issue on iPhone 4S. It actually works!

• Reply 107 of 117

i would like to share with you how i fixed my iphone 4s after ios 7.0.4 update and lose of wifi, bluetooth greyed out.

Ive resolved the grayed out wifi bluetooth issue, i just wanted to share this  with you and hope it works for you as well as i tried everything and got no where.

i was innocently updating a fully working Iphone 4s no problems ever, after the ios 7.0.4 update i lost all wifi and bluetooth which was grey out.

After having contacted apple they told me like everyone else hardwear issues, i never beleived this from the start as the iphone previously worked fine before the update. Also if you check settings - General - about phone - wifi has no address where as before it was fine.I almost believe in my case the ios 7.0.4 has deactivated the wifi hardware by not re-entering a address upon updating as a issue.

As the iphone is out of warrenty apple informed me if the item has a issue we could replace for £166 for out of warrenty, "what for downloading apple software thats prevented a perfect phone from working"! I informed apple this is a common issue and on the apple support communities site many people have this issue, the response was dont believe anything online.

Literally i searched the entire internet for solutions, from trying to downgrade software and use tinyumbrellas software to alter the host settings to enable itune to download without a popup message of  'this device isnt eligible for the requested build' basiscally a block download. To more obscure solutions such as placing the iphone in a freezer or using a hair dryer. Please check these online for further reference.

I would just like to share the fact if all else fails and you dont believe the obscure solutions work please have another rethinken, as they did in my case as id like to share my resolution with you.Please check online for further references if you prefer, but i to was doubtful about this idea and melting the phone etc.

Fix iphone greyed out wifi bluetooth problem - worked on a iphone 4s with recent ios 7.0.4 update worked fine before update on 7.0.3

1.Place a hairdryer 6 inches away, apply heat for 10 sec.

2.Then remove for a few seconds BE CAREFULL KEEP CHECKING.

3.Then repeat, till phone gets hot and upon the screen the iphone will say to hot to use.

4.Switch phone off and let cool down.

5.When you switch on it reactivates the wifi hardware with the software and you can use wifi and bluetooth again.

Im just a normal person thats had apple products for over 15 years due to being a designer, ive been messed about by apple and tried everything on the net and the only reason i post this is to offer a solution that may work for you as it did for me.

If any one has another opinion then that is there opinion, but this worked in my case and what i state is my experience and thoughts on this issues.All i intend is to try and help others as other online advice helpped me.

• Reply 108 of 117

i would like to share with you how i fixed my iphone 4s after ios 7.0.4 update and lose of wifi, bluetooth greyed out.

Ive resolved the grayed out wifi bluetooth issue, i just wanted to share thia with you and hope it works for you as well.

Firstly i was innocently upgrading a fully working Iphone 4s no problems ever, after the ios 7.0.4 update i lost all wifi and bluetooth which was grey out.

After having contacted apple they told me like everyone else hardwear issues, i never beleived this from the start as the iphone previously worked fine before the update. Also if you check settings - General - about phone - wifi has no address where as before it was fine.I almost believe in my case the ios 7.0.4 has deactivated the wifi hardware by not re-entering a address upon updating as a issue.

As the iphone is out of warrenty apple informed me if the item has a issue we could replace for £166 for out of warrenty, "what for downloading apple software thats prevented a perfect phone from working"! I informed apple this is a common issue and on the apple support communities site many people have this issue, the response was dont believe anything online.

Literally i searched the entire internet for solutions, from trying to downgrade software and use tinyumbrellas software to alter the host settings to enable itune to download without a popup message of  'this device isnt eligible for the requested build' basiscally a block download. To more obscure solutions such as placing the iphone in a freezer or using a hair dryer. Please check these online for further reference.

I would just like to share the fact if all else fails and you dont believe the obscure solutions work please have another rethinken, as they did in my case as id like to share my resolution with you.Please check online for further references if you prefer, but i to was doubtful about this idea and melting the phone etc.

Fix iphone greyed out wifi bluetooth problem - worked on a iphone 4s with recent ios 7.0.4 update worked fine before update on 7.0.3

3.Then repeat, till phone gets hot and upon the screen the iphone will say to hot to use.

5.When you switch on it reactivates the wifi hardware with the software and you can use wifi and bluetooth again.

Im just a normal person thats had apple products for over 15 years due to being a designer, ive been messed about by apple and tried everything on the net and the only reason i post this is to offer a solution that may work for you as it did for me.

If any one has another opinion then that is there opinion, but this worked in my case and what i state is my experience and thoughts on this issues.All i intend is to try and help others as other online advice helpped me.

• Reply 109 of 117

Ive resolved the grayed out wifi bluetooth issue, i just wanted to share thia with you and hope it works for you as well.

Firstly i was innocently upgrading a fully working Iphone 4s no problems ever, after the ios 7.0.4 update i lost all wifi and bluetooth which was grey out.

• Reply 110 of 117

The same thing happened to 2 of my iPhone 4S that were purchased at the same time.  I had one and my daughter had one.  Different usage levels, same phone.  Upgraded to iOS 7, and my WiFi card was fried within a month.  I took it in for warranty replacement (I bought a carrier warranty through Rogers that replaced the phone within 2 years.)  My daughter's phone soon followed.  She did not want to be without a phone over Christmas, so I made her shut off the data and we would take it in after the holidays.  Nope.  She ended up dropping the phone- and even though it was in an Otterbox Defender case, it broke the screen- which voided the warranty.

So now my question is.  Will this ever be fixed?  The replacement 4S I got has iOS 6 on it, and I am too afraid to upgrade to iOS 7.  I sucked it up and replaced my daughter's phone with a 5S- added the $100 bucks for Apple Care and made her pay for the works of it.  The apps I use are updating to the new operating system, and I am able to use less and less of them.  Please fix it, or tell me that if I must upgrade, Apple will replace my phone or put another WiFi card in it.

• Reply 111 of 117
    Nor should it, really.

Good for you, buy Android trash.

Last time I checked androids wifi worked
  • Reply 112 of 117
    Nor should it, really.

Good for you, buy Android trash.

Last time I checked androids wifi worked
  • Reply 113 of 117
    This is a reported hardware issue and has noting to do with the software. These are Broadcom chips that are losing connection. Please go to http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1559?viewlocale=en_US, follow the directions and if it does not work then seek service. If the device is out of warranty then you will be charged, Simple as that.
  • Reply 114 of 117
    aboudaqnaboudaqn Posts: 1member
    do later versions (latest is ios 7.1.1 as of april 22, 2014) address any of these problems?
  • Reply 115 of 117
    stoondostoondo Posts: 2member

iPhone 4s WIFI issue is a hardware issue and the chip needs to be replaced/repaired. so far, the only one that does this worldwide and permanten is podmod.de

• Reply 116 of 117
    stoondostoondo Posts: 2member

iPhone 4s WIFI issue is a hardware issue and the chip needs to be replaced/repaired. so far, the only one that does this worldwide and permanent is podmod.de

• Reply 117 of 117

As everyone knows, Wifi connecting problem happen sometimes on iPhone, but we don't know how to fix grayed out Wifi on iPhone. I google it on the internet and I find out the answer, you can see these ways below.

Reset the network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Ensure that your device is using the latest software. To do so, connect your device to your computer and check for updates in iTunes.

Or you can try iPhone Transfer which is helpful in manage your iPhone.