Live coverage from San Francisco of Apple's iPad special event

Comments

• Reply 41 of 71

Mac Pro is anodized aluminum?! I thought it was plastic. Man, I wasn’t paying attention.

TWELVE GIGABYTES OF VRAM…

• Reply 42 of 71
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member

So far- everything has gone down in price.  $200 less for 13" rMBP and 15" rMBP.  Free OSX.  This is gonna easily stomp the competition and generate huge news.

• Reply 43 of 71
    akqiesakqies Posts: 768member
    @ Andysol,

In all fairness, I never made any fortune telling claims like the prophet [B]Ireland[/B]. I just posted a general argument as to why making OS X free for users could be a viable avenue for Apple's bottom line.
  • Reply 44 of 71

Mac Pro is just sick.  $3k at least

• Reply 45 of 71
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by akqies View Post

@ Andysol,

In all fairness, I never made any fortune telling claims like the prophet Ireland. I just posted a general argument as to why making OS X free for users could be a viable avenue for Apple's bottom line.

Ya- but Chris_CA was kickin you in the nuts so hard about it, was rude, and basically said you were an idiot.  He deserves to eat crow.

Apple researched the hell out of it to see if it would be a benefit to sell or give away.

• Reply 46 of 71

Hey, the Mac Pro is now priced as a workstation. Maybe that will shut up the people who think it needs to be a consumer desktop.

• Reply 47 of 71
    akqiesakqies Posts: 768member
    andysol wrote: »
    Ya- but Chris_CA was kickin you in the nuts so hard about it and basically saying you were an idiot.  He deserves to eat crow.
    Apple researched the hell out of it to see if it would be a benefit to sell or give away.

He was certainly trying to kick me in the nuts but even if it was raised back up to $129 my points in that thread would still stand. The logic speaks for itself so him eating crow means nothing to me but I appreciate the support.
  • Reply 48 of 71
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,727member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Hey, the Mac Pro is now priced as a workstation. Maybe that will shut up the people who think it needs to be a consumer desktop.

The only consumers who demand a workstation on their desktop are gamers.  But then they tend to have the time, desire, and disposable income to build/upgrade their own anyways, so it doesn't matter what Apple puts out, it won't be good enough for cheap enough.

• Reply 49 of 71

lol, no Mac Mini.

I mean, aww, no Mac Mini. :???: 

iLife and iWork, though.

• Reply 50 of 71

Eddy Cue always looks like a greasy taxi driver to me

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

lol, no Mac Mini.

I mean, aww, no Mac Mini. :???: 

It could still be silent.

• Reply 51 of 71
    Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

It could still be silent.

Well, yeah; Phil said it was only 12dB.

• Reply 52 of 71

Did he just say 64 bit on "ipad or iphone?"

• Reply 53 of 71

Hey, cool. They brought the Drummer feature from Logic Pro X to Garageband.

That back and forth between pro and consumer is always great.

• Reply 54 of 71
    That's it?
    Yeah I was right, this retina MBP should have shipped in June alongside the MBA refresh. They were waiting for Mavericks.
    Looks like no update for the regular MacBook Pro either, or Mac mini, unless it's just going to get a soft refresh.
  • Reply 55 of 71
    Originally Posted by Cash907 View Post

Yeah I was right, this retina MBP should have shipped in June alongside the MBA refresh. They were waiting for Mavericks.

Once again, no, you were completely wrong. They waited for Thunderbolt 2.

Looks like no update for the OLD MacBook Pro either…

Fixed.

• Reply 56 of 71
    Ooo software updates.
    They need to stop showing the audience. People are falling asleep.
  • Reply 57 of 71

INTELLIGENT INSPECTOR IN IWORK.

OH YES, finally. I hate having to freaking manually switch between text and graphics when editing… 

Originally Posted by Cash907 View Post

Ooo software updates.

They need to stop showing the audience. People are falling asleep.

Hey, Marvin, can you block him from posting in this thread specifically? It’s in his username dropdown, should be at the bottom.

• Reply 58 of 71
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

INTELLIGENT INSPECTOR IN IWORK.

OH YES, finally. I hate having to freaking manually switch between text and graphics when editing… 

In all fairness- any time someone said they wish iWork or Pages would get updated, you'd kind of belittle them.

• Reply 59 of 71
    Once again, no, you were completely wrong. They waited for Thunderbolt 2.

Fixed.

Because ANYONE cares about thunderbolt? No, really, raise your hands if anyone here owns a thunderbolt device. Anyone? No?

Besides, if Thunderbolt 2 was worth waiting for, why wasn't it included in the iMac refresh? Hmm? They would have had to delay those, what, a couple of weeks?

NEXT!
  • Reply 60 of 71
    Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

In all fairness- any time someone said they wish iWork or Pages would get updated, you'd kind of belittle them.

Yes, for demanding 1/10th of 1% features instead of actual improvements. If they want crap that next to no one uses thrown up in front of them, they should use Office. The Ribbon was tested and shown to be exactly that.

Originally Posted by Cash907 View Post

Because ANYONE cares about thunderbolt?

See that word “Pro” in the name of the computer in question? Now be quiet.

Besides, if Thunderbolt 2 was worth waiting for, why wasn't it included in the iMac refresh?

Consumer product. Keep trying; you’ll have to get something right by accident eventually.