Apple's OS X 10.9 Mavericks launches as a free upgrade for Mac users

Comments

• Reply 21 of 120
    mhiklmhikl Posts: 471member

Saw the DED at the Apple event. Talk about focused on an awe inspiring presentation over which the competition and the ScreamQueen of Copy can only drool and weep. As always, my heart and kindly wishes go out to ShockedStung.

And what is MS doing at the moment. Free and balling go together. Tears must be flowing from hyper Steve's pores.

Oh the humanity!

• Reply 22 of 120
    While I enjoy my iPhone and iPad, my heart belongs to the Mac. I spend 8 hours every day staring at that thing.

I'm so happy that while it's becoming a smaller part of Apples money making machine, the Mac still gets the full treatment from them.
  • Reply 23 of 120

Not available in UK store :-(

• Reply 24 of 120
    jabohnjabohn Posts: 586member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hydr View Post

Awesome! Now make iLife and iWork free too!

Is already is!

• Reply 25 of 120

BY FAR the best news of the day. Always good to see some REALLY interesting Mac-related stuff. Thank you, Apple!

• Reply 26 of 120
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquatic View Post

WOW.

This is awesome!!!!

I may not like iOS much but this is just cool. Way to bring some coolness and loyalty back Apple.

I hate iOS7.  The good news from that though is that I won't spend any more money on iDevices so I have more to spend on Mac!  Now with the OS free, I have more money!  Bwahahahaha!  MacPro here I come!

• Reply 27 of 120

I would really like to see Mail get the ability to flag emails with notification reminders. That is the one feature I seriously was hooked on with Outlook. 

• Reply 28 of 120

Downloading....... Phew!

• Reply 29 of 120
    Picking up a couple of movies from the iTunes Store with all the money I just saved! Must. Give. Apple. Money... :)
  • Reply 30 of 120

I am blown away. Awesome!

• Reply 31 of 120

Free OS X, free iLife, free iWork, cheaper computers. Do you think Apple is trying to capitalize on their success by removing all barriers? :) 

• Reply 32 of 120
    irelandireland Posts: 17,799member

I hate iOS7.  The good news from that though is that I won't spend any more money on iDevices so I have more to spend on Mac!  Now with the OS free, I have more money!  Bwahahahaha!  MacPro here I come!

It grows on you. Change is hard.
  • Reply 33 of 120
    hentaiboyhentaiboy Posts: 1,252member

• Reply 34 of 120

I like to thank Apple for giving back! WOW FREE!!!

• Reply 35 of 120
    drowdrow Posts: 126member
    now to find out if iDVD still runs under Mavericks.
  • Reply 36 of 120
    Originally Posted by drow View Post

now to find out if iDVD still runs under Mavericks.

• Reply 37 of 120
    sockrolidsockrolid Posts: 2,789member

Just FYI: Mavericks has been running nearly perfectly on my ancient 2007 iMac (first-gen aluminum, 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM.)  And I won't hesitate to use the word "snappy."  Have been running it for weeks and it's much more responsive than Mountain Lion ever was.

Minor glitches: occasional Safari tab crash-and-reload, Time Machine status bar indicator doesn't animate correctly, occasional blank gray iTunes view when running it full-screen.  No major problems though.

Personal favorites: Maps app, Finder tabs.

• Reply 38 of 120

Direct Link for Mavericks

• Reply 39 of 120
    virtuavirtua Posts: 210member
    Downloading here in the UK. I had to download safari 6.1 first oddly yay!
  • Reply 40 of 120
    irelandireland Posts: 17,799member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Whatever about iDVD, iMovie HD doesn't run right under Mavericks. If you save a project a try to reopen it it won't reopen so you need to save or export as a one time only opportunity. I hope to God they bring back a decent timeline editor to iMovie this time, because the timeline editor in iMovie '09 more than sucks.