Apple's online stores go down worldwide amid Retina iPad mini launch rumors

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 63
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by docprego View Post

Actually the store is currently down.  Are you talking about the information page on Apple's site, I think so.  That won't be updated in any case until after the device is available for purchase.

Also ORBACORB...

You both may be right.  I thought I was seeing what i thought i was seeing, but...    :-)      You raised doubts, but I couldn't go back in time to see what i'd seen <head spinning>      Good news is i found out i'm eligible for an upgrade, amounts to a $100 discount.  I'll probably be able to sell my mini, and buy the new Retina model at that discount, with little out of pocket $ changing hands.  Sweet.  And thank you both for forcing me to rethink my observation, I'm sorry if I misled anyone.

• Reply 62 of 63

Website says December.
    Probably will be around the 5th or so, if they get it out much quicker it may be in 2-4 weeks however.
  • Reply 63 of 63
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OTACORB View Post

I've read about the burn-in issue as well.  While it is a concern, I do plan to get Apple Care Plus mainly because I have dropped and broken my previous one, so if there happens to be burn-in issues then I will just let Apple take care of it. 

Just saw this story about the new iPad mini Retina displays being supplied by LG (not Sharp).  So hopefully ours will be burn-in free! 

Received a shipment notification from Apple yesterday saying ours should be here about this time next week.