Standard Mac Pro configurations now ship from Apple in February

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    tyler82 wrote: »
    Sorry, I'm not aware of what you meant,
    Was it a jab at Google glasses asses?

Google just bought Boston Dynamics ... google them. :)
  • Reply 42 of 44
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    Really?

I've recently read where quite a few A/V pros have been approached by Apple -- and possibly salting them with high-end units...

I'll see if I can find a link!

Dick, seen this

This is some crazy shit ...
  • Reply 43 of 44
    Really?

I've recently read where quite a few A/V pros have been approached by Apple -- and possibly salting them with high-end units...

I'll see if I can find a link!

Dick, seen this

This is some crazy shit ...

Yeah, I saw that. That's just a mid-range unit... I wonder what a high-end unit will do !
  • Reply 44 of 44
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Yeah, I saw that. That's just a mid-range unit... I wonder what a high-end unit will do !

It used the high-end GPUs - the D700. I don't think 12-core vs 8-core would make much of a difference for real-time processing. It's pretty impressive that Apple essentially managed to ship dual W9000 GPUs for $1000 even though that's deducting the price of the entry GPU. W9000s retail for $3400 each. It doesn't really matter if they only perform like 7970s because 7970s cost over $400 each anyway. The performance-per-dollar there is really competitive if you were to try and put together an equivalent PC workstation with W9000s.

I'd expect you to get that 4K performance in FCPX from the entry quad-core with D700 so you'd get the whole machine for $4k.