Rumor: Apple to debut larger iPhone in May, 12.9-inch iPad in October

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 109
    Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

Where did the 700M come from?

China Mobile subscribers, last I checked.

• Reply 102 of 109

Good idea.

• Reply 103 of 109
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Apple will get all of them, no doubt¡
  • Reply 104 of 109
    Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

Apple will get all of them, no doubt¡

Well, what’s Apple’s share of the other carriers in China? Assume similar numbers on China Mobile and boom.

I don’t think that many people quite comprehend what “700 million people” implies.

• Reply 105 of 109
    v5vv5v Posts: 1,357member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I don’t think that many people quite comprehend what “700 million people” implies.

684MP*

(1KP = 1024 ppl)

• Reply 106 of 109
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean
    700,000,000 new iPhone users
  • Reply 107 of 109
    cyberjcyberj Posts: 19member
    wow!! Look at the brain on this dude ^

you are delusional at best if you think P00Ple and their craptastic apps will ever take down office or Mac.
    Poople is worth 220 bil $, they can basically do whatever.
  • Reply 108 of 109
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hillstones View Post

What exactly has Samsung "stolen" from Apple?  People here claim how great there is competition in the market, then they suddenly claim no one else is allowed to make a phone that is a rectangle with a glass front.  Can't have it both ways.  There is something called basic functionality of a product.  All cars have the basic elements that make them cars.  Phones are the same.  Prior to the iPhone, all cellphones had a screen and buttons to operate.  They had a speaker and a mic and similar text-based operating systems that allowed you to dial and store contacts.  Some phones evolved and used an icon-based operating system before the iPhone.  Apple did not invent touch screens and they did not invent icon-driven operating systems.  Hardware manufacturers did not sue each other about what their phones looked like because it was the basic functionality of a phone.  Why hasn't Apple sued all hardware manufacturers that make a bar-style phone with a touchscreen?  Samsung isn't the only company.

Years later, it came out that Apple did not have a patent on the rubber-band effect when they demoed the iPhone in 2007.  Can't claim a patent after you showed it to the public without a patent.

In the 90s, it was hatred for Microsoft.  Then Microsoft saved Apple with the $150M investment in 1997 when other companies wanted to buy Apple and eliminate them.  Microsoft continued their own path and made their own business decisions that had an effect on their brand-popularity.  People will choose Android phones because that is their preference.  People are not confused about phones and they do not believe a Samsung phone is an iPhone.  If you favor competition in the market, let them make their phones.  People will choose based on what they want to use, not choose by confusion.  Samsung makes good products.  I have no problem buying their TVs or SSD drives for my MacBook Pro.  Apple offered no alternatives except for build to order (MacBook Pros prior to retina models) and their SSD prices were, and are still a joke.  Samsung's SSDs are top-rated in the market.  Why would I choose another brand?  Would I buy their phone?  No, because I don't want to use the Android system.  It has nothing to do with hating Samsung or thinking they stole from Apple.

You need to do a little research on IP Patent infringement.  Samsung has many violations against Apples Patented IP and has lost a billion dollars in court judgements.