Apple Stores combat dangerous CO, unpleasant BO with odor 'sniffers'

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 70
    Originally Posted by spacerays View Post

Skil, you can go through the above conversation again, and again, in case it doesnt click.

That’s interesting. Particularly since reading the article shows that it’s about all Apple Stores, specifically pointing out (as you said) that this one doesn’t have sensors installed correctly.

However, the point being made was not about this store. It was about all stores:

Originally Posted by Emes View Post

You come off it. He's not saying it's Apple's fault that they don't bathe, but rather they should be more efficient in terms of ventilation and air purifying.

As to Apple’s responsibility to keep people hygienic, I’m still not wrong, of course.

• Reply 62 of 70
    Oh great Skil. Now I need to tell you how precisely you missed the point too.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gizmo33 View Post

The Santa Monica store is my local Apple Store and I can confirm the BO is horrible. Hopefully they fix it soon.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Yeah. It’s APPLE’S problem that people don’t know how to bathe. :no:

Come off it.

Is it clear yet how totally you twisted the point from a witness comment to something related to Apple's problem of people not bathing or something?

It is barely excusable even if you admit that you quoted the wrong comment. Since you later go on a tirade of 'come off it', 'FUD', blah blah blah, without even checking the thread to see how you screwed up in the first place.

• Reply 63 of 70

A fr***ing screenshot in case you still have difficulties admitting it, Skil.

• Reply 64 of 70

Haha!  I knew Apple fans smelt of shit but didn't know they smelt of BO too!

• Reply 65 of 70

Check out Samsung store everyone smell nice there!

• Reply 66 of 70

I can verify that the 5th Avenue Store in NYC has a serious odor problem. Rather than B.O., it smells like every particle of halitosis every breathed in the store is trapped within the glass cube. Walking down the (already treacherous) spiral staircase requires holding one's breath.

• Reply 67 of 70

There are some pretty sophisticated ventilation systems out there. Take Norstrom for example. Their stores have a special fragrance that is used throughout the store in order to keep the shopping experience pleasant. 

Apple stores I believe, do not have such a system. Supermarkets keep their temperature low to keep the packaging odors from being noticed. Its not the food but the various types of plastics that have an unctuous odor. People too have various odors, clean or not. Cool temps help with that.

Every Apple Store I've ever visited had or has a disagreeable fragrance. Regardless of the location or the people inside the stores. All just didn't have a nice smell to them.

I think the overall chore, besides architecture and layout, is for Apple to be aware of what needs their stores have in fragrance management. Its pretty clear this is something quite well overlooked either by their present equipment or their management. It certainly would enhance the Apple Store experience and make remaining in one for some time a pleasure.

• Reply 68 of 70
    I still blame Microsoft. Yep. Microsoft users with Samsung devices, running Android. That and Canada.
  • Reply 69 of 70
    Quote:

Originally Posted by petber View Post

I still blame Microsoft. Yep. Microsoft users with Samsung devices, running Android. That and Canada.

You're probably right. As a Nexus 4 user, if my wife and kids aren't around, and I need an Apple fix, I have to head to the store. I'm also a bike racer, and usually sweat from 2-3 training rides every day, followed by hurried showers...