Apple's iPhone led 2013 US consumer smartphone sales with 45% share - NPD

13

Comments

  • Reply 41 of 69
    Originally Posted by jpd514 View Post

    It's alarming. Shocking.


     

    Your beliefs? Yeah, pretty much. How could someone be so deluded?

     

    Originally Posted by aBeliefSystem View Post

    On that note it is worth noting that Samsung is suing Dyson for tarnishing their image.

     

    Who’d Dyson steal from so blatantly that Samsung’s scared their title will be usurped? <img class=" src="http://forums-files.appleinsider.com/images/smilies//lol.gif" />

  • Reply 42 of 69
    crowleycrowley Posts: 6,065member
    And if the opinion is wrong, do you expect it to stand unchallenged?
    By all means, offer your opinion and a rebuttal.

    You never do that though, you just sneer. It's unpleasant.
  • Reply 43 of 69
    Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

    By all means, offer your opinion and a rebuttal.

     

    Did already. But again, as has already been proven, you refuse to read posts before replying to them.

  • Reply 44 of 69
    crowleycrowley Posts: 6,065member
    That's not true and you've never "proven" that. Proof of that would be practically impossible. You don't know what "proof" means.

    And there you go again, sneering and telling people they can't read. Unpleasant.
  • Reply 45 of 69
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by jungmark View Post





    It's too long for my ADD. But I do note you don't know Apple at all. In recent history, Apple has always looked outside the box. It always is looking to skate to where the puck will be. You compare to Google, they are using a shotgun approach to research. None of these external projects have amounted to anything. They are mainly using them for PR. Meanwhile Apple is quietly doing what it does best: produce amazing products. It will release new products when it seems ready. Fuk the competition. Why are you so worried about them. They had years to dev and release new items but didn't until Apple showed them the way. Sure, one of them could produce the next great thing. But I'll always bet on Apple.

     

    I disagree with you. History has shown that technology changes and it changes quickly as time has progressed. We have now had 6 plus years of the device era. Steve Jobs has been quoted as saying that the industry "changes" every 10 years and I tend to agree with him. in '76 the Apple I. In 84 the mac and the gui.  In 94' the world wide web. In 2004 the proliferation of the cell phone and beginngs of the smart phone. Yes more idevices will come in the next few years but Apple should not place themselves in a disadvantageous place. One day we will wake up by a world that is dominated by Google because think in such broad terms outside the box. This is hugely different then the boxed in and limited apple ecosystem. There is just not that much growth in the long run and who know if Apple will be able to lead the industry with the next great device. If they don't they will shrink as a company. If they think outside the box they have more of chance to dominate the industry and create growth influence. Apple has more money then anyone in the industry and should spend their money and take risks instead of Mr. Cook listening to Ichan and giving money away that has no effect on the stock price. Ichan only pushed for the dividend and buy back for his own stake.

     

    Personlly I think Apple should look at buying Time Warner.

  • Reply 46 of 69
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Crowley View Post



    That's not true and you've never "proven" that. Proof of that would be practically impossible. You don't know what "proof" means.



    And there you go again, sneering and telling people they can't read. Unpleasant.

     

    Nevermind.

  • Reply 47 of 69
    crowleycrowley Posts: 6,065member
    I agree.
  • Reply 48 of 69
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 12,985member
    And if the opinion is wrong, do you expect it to stand unchallenged?

    Opinions are neither right nor wrong.
  • Reply 49 of 69
    Originally Posted by Apple/// View Post



    Personlly I think Apple should look at buying Time Warner.


     

    For what purpose? To what end? What would that give Apple?

     

    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

    Opinions are neither right nor wrong.


     

    Don’t give me that BS. Of course opinions can be wrong.

  • Reply 50 of 69
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by jungmark View Post





    It's too long for my ADD. But I do note you don't know Apple at all. In recent history, Apple has always looked outside the box. It always is looking to skate to where the puck will be. You compare to Google, they are using a shotgun approach to research. None of these external projects have amounted to anything. They are mainly using them for PR. Meanwhile Apple is quietly doing what it does best: produce amazing products. It will release new products when it seems ready. Fuk the competition. Why are you so worried about them. They had years to dev and release new items but didn't until Apple showed them the way. Sure, one of them could produce the next great thing. But I'll always bet on Apple.

     

    I missed what you had said in your post. I do know Apple. I know that is how they do business. Apple Doesn't have to be a company like google with the "shotgun" analogy. And that is a good analogy by the way. But I think they need to think outside the box just a little bit more.

     

    Time Warner would be give them room to shake up the cable TV industry.

     

    Apple should have pandered the iOS technology to all car manufactures in my opinion much sooner. Google is gaining much ground in that area.

  • Reply 51 of 69
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

     

    For what purpose? To what end? What would that give Apple?

     


     

    Owning Time Warner would allow Apple to expand the idea of Apple TV services. Maybe I am wrong but owning a cable provider could have its advantages. I would much rather want Apple to own Time Warner and see what it could do with it then have Comcast destroy it. Comcast is the worst provider ever IMO. But that is another entire story.

  • Reply 52 of 69
    Originally Posted by Apple/// View Post

    Owning Time Warner would allow Apple to expand the idea of Apple TV services. 


     

    And Apple can’t do that without them? Why would the other media companies want to contract with someone who owns their own company and who would obviously give preferential treatment thereto? We’ve seen this before.

  • Reply 53 of 69
    crowleycrowley Posts: 6,065member
    There are plenty of instances where your posts could only have existed if you didn’t read the one to which you were replying. And you know it.
    Patent nonsense. How can anyone reply to something they haven't read? I'm not claiming I'm immune to misreading things, or misunderstanding people's points, but claiming I don't read them at all? Obvious tripe.

    Not replying to this ridiculous new line of attack any more. You're a maniac.
  • Reply 54 of 69
    Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

    How can anyone reply to something they haven't read?



    You manage to do it pretty well.

     
    …claiming I don’t read them at all?

     

    Hard to explain away some of your posts in any other capacity, however.

  • Reply 55 of 69
    crowleycrowley Posts: 6,065member
    Oh shut up, prick.
  • Reply 56 of 69
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 12,985member
    Don’t give me that BS. Of course opinions can be wrong.

    They're subjective feelings that many times are not based on facts.
  • Reply 57 of 69
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

     

     

    And Apple can’t do that without them? Why would the other media companies want to contract with someone who owns their own company and who would obviously give preferential treatment thereto? We’ve seen this before.


     

    You must be, what, 10 years old? Your response is so quick and defensive of anything apple you need to start seeing things with a bit wider lens. Just something to think about. You are coming off very troll like.

  • Reply 58 of 69
    I think Windows Phone will eventually conquer all, because it has Microsoft Office and everyone needs office.... NAH ! - seriously GO APPLE !!!
  • Reply 59 of 69
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,719member
    apple/// wrote: »
    I disagree with you. History has shown that technology changes and it changes quickly as time has progressed. We have now had 6 plus years of the device era. Steve Jobs has been quoted as saying that the industry "changes" every 10 years and I tend to agree with him. in '76 the Apple I. In 84 the mac and the gui.  In 94' the world wide web. In 2004 the proliferation of the cell phone and beginngs of the smart phone. Yes more idevices will come in the next few years but Apple should not place themselves in a disadvantageous place. One day we will wake up by a world that is dominated by Google because think in such broad terms outside the box. This is hugely different then the boxed in and limited apple ecosystem. There is just not that much growth in the long run and who know if Apple will be able to lead the industry with the next great device. If they don't they will shrink as a company. If they think outside the box they have more of chance to dominate the industry and create growth influence. Apple has more money then anyone in the industry and should spend their money and take risks instead of Mr. Cook listening to Ichan and giving money away that has no effect on the stock price. Ichan only pushed for the dividend and buy back for his own stake.

    Personlly I think Apple should look at buying Time Warner.

    Who says they aren't thinking outside the box now?

    As for TW, I don't think so. TW is a provider. Apple needs content and Apple doesn't want to be associated with poor service.
  • Reply 60 of 69
    Any time you see anybody use the phrase "think outside the box", don't even bother....

    But seriously, this shotgun (fragmentation grenade would be a better metaphor) approach of Google's is going to fail, and fail huge! I can't even figure out what most of this crap is supposed to be. Google Glass is never going to catch on, at least until it's completely unobtrusive to the outside observer (surgically implanted?) Apparently there's a small but vocal market segment that like being driven out of their minds with distractions and annoyances, but I can't see it as a mass-market phenomenon.

    Driverless cars? Please! If you could wave a magic wand and replace every car on the road with a computer-controlled car on January 1, 2015, and 50,000 people were killed in cars under their own control in 2014, while in 2015 5 people were killed in automatic cars, it would be the crime of the millennium! Driverless cars would be outlawed immediately, and the designers would be put in jail. Na gah happen!

    Most of the stuff Google is toying with isn't even that comprehensible. It isn't even science fiction. Really, they should get a panel of science fiction writers to come up with ideas—maybe they wouldn't work, but they'd make more sense than this stuff they've been coming up with. What they have is a bunch of aging techno-hipsters who think anything they can torture code into doing is worth doing, because—TECH! This is the philosophy that gave us Android.
Sign In or Register to comment.