Welcome Back! And an Introduction.

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 114
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Welcome back Kate! Wow, lots of old friends are back. Nice to see you all again!

This is so cool. :cool:

Make yourselves comfortable.
  • Reply 102 of 114
    synsyn Posts: 329member
    Wow, feels good to be back home. So long Macnn... hehe

Too bad we had to lose the AIUBB archive and memberships. Is there no way to have the archive of old "classic" threads back? Some were legendary...

Anyways, good to see everyone back here. Hope the signal to noise ratio will stay the same as it was, and not become Macnn like.

I love you all
  • Reply 103 of 114
    mon dieu... il y a beaucoup des gens français par ici!

<peut etre il faut ajouter un autre forum seulement pour le français >
  • Reply 104 of 114
    [quote]Originally posted by L'ermite:

<strong>

In the meantime you'll find some of my pictures if you follow this link.</strong><hr></blockquote>Nice pics, L'hermite. Where did you buy them?

- T.I.
  • Reply 105 of 114
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    Oh no, the unforgettable non English discussions.
  • Reply 106 of 114
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    [quote]Originally posted by The Installer:

<strong>Nice pics, L'hermite. Where did you buy them? </strong><hr></blockquote>

T.I.: I see you didn't loose your personality when AI went down.

L'ermite: Je ne sais pas pourquoi, mais j'avais l'impression que tu habitais plus a l'est, peut-etre dans le canton de Vaud. I haven't skied in three years (how low can I fall? ) but I'll be spending the holidays in Davos this year. Can't wait to hit the slopes again (off the slopes, actually).

Kate: It's sweet to have you back as well. Did you go diving in the Maledives again? Or was the destination less picturesque this time? (I still have your desktop pic of the sunny-side-up egg islands on my iMac, but I've switched back to the abstract default background in OS X on the iBook.)

Escher
  • Reply 107 of 114
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    [quote]Originally posted by Quadzmodo:

<strong>Hello everybody.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hey Quadzmodo: I clearly remember when you sent your picture to Kate for the AI Community picture page. I'll never get over the assumptions people make. It's good to have you back too.

Escher
  • Reply 108 of 114
    T.I.: I see you didn't loose your personality when AI went down.

Ach, that's just his (very) British humor. . .

L'ermite: Je ne sais pas pourquoi, mais j'avais l'impression que tu habitais plus a l'est, peut-etre dans le canton de Vaud.

Dein Eindruck war so halb richtig. Eigentlich bin ich Deutschschweizer und arbeite/wohne erst seit ein paar Jahren in der Welschen Schweiz. Wo hast Du denn so gut Französisch gelernt?

I haven't skied in three years (how low can I fall?) but I'll be spending the holidays in Davos this year. Can't wait to hit the slopes again (off the slopes, actually).

Off the slopes is great, just be careful to not chase away all the chamois. I prefer snowshoes though, more chances to "shoot" them with the camera. When are you coming to Switzerland?

[ 11-17-2001: Message edited by: L'ermite ]</p>
  • Reply 109 of 114
    So what's going to happen to Bad Flamingo? Seems like a redundant site with AI back...

And on a related note, how stable will these forums be? Will they be gone again in three months?

Will they stand the load that WILL hit them near the end of Dec. as MWSF approaches (1st week of Jan, I guess will be the test...)?
  • Reply 110 of 114
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by wormboy:

<strong>So what's going to happen to Bad Flamingo? Seems like a redundant site with AI back...

And on a related note, how stable will these forums be? Will they be gone again in three months?

Will they stand the load that WILL hit them near the end of Dec. as MWSF approaches (1st week of Jan, I guess will be the test...)?</strong><hr></blockquote>

These forums should be very stable. AI and MacNN forums share MacNN's new Dual 1GHz Pentium III. They should definately be able to handle the load around MWSF.
  • Reply 111 of 114
    I've been spending too much time on the IGN Boards w00t! I oWnz j00!!!1!!!! It's good to be back home...I grew up here and this is where I'll stay.
  • Reply 112 of 114
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Welcome back PB G3.
  • Reply 113 of 114
    Thanks EmAn,

Are all the other regulars back aswell. I've seen Leonis, Macaddict and MacAgent but noone else.
  • Reply 114 of 114
    [quote] These forums should be very stable. AI and MacNN forums share MacNN's new Dual 1GHz Pentium III. They should definately be able to handle the load around MWSF. <hr></blockquote>

Here's my prediction... Two days before MWSF, the MacNN staff shut us down due to insane load. You see, my impression of how BBSs work under load has little to do with processor speed and more to do with:
    • Bandwidth--a fat pipe for all those hits/reloads

• Disk Access: SCSI raid for serve'n up the gooduns.

I hope I'm wrong. But I was hoping that these boards might gain some independence. But I guess we're still at the mercy of MacNN. Or are we?