Carriers suggest a big-screen 'iPhone 6' could be a 'very special' success in China

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 126
    drewys808drewys808 Posts: 549member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by websnap View Post

...you like what you like – don't all-caps-me, bro!

OK. BRO.

• Reply 122 of 126

I think that a 5" iPhone with the Apple logo inlaid on the back with real gold and sold at a ridiculous price with at least 3 times regular margin would sell really well to  image conscious people. Apple could also limit the production run each quarter.

That gold inlaid logo would proclaim your wealth to the world whenever the phone is held up to someone's ear.

Of course, it would probably be stolen more often than any other phone.

• Reply 123 of 126
    websnapwebsnap Posts: 224member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

I think that a 5" iPhone with the Apple logo inlaid on the back with real gold and sold at a ridiculous price with at least 3 times regular margin would sell really well to  image conscious people. Apple could also limit the production run each quarter.

That gold inlaid logo would proclaim your wealth to the world whenever the phone is held up to someone's ear.

Of course, it would probably be stolen more often than any other phone.

It would also destroy Apples brand of "expensive but worth it". There are tones of after-market companies that their bread and butter is making apple product gaudy to make them appear more elite. Man, would a solid gold phone ever be heavy, lol... especially a 5" one...

• Reply 124 of 126
    Quote:

Originally Posted by websnap View Post

It would also destroy Apples brand of "expensive but worth it". There are tones of after-market companies that their bread and butter is making apple product gaudy to make them appear more elite. Man, would a solid gold phone ever be heavy, lol... especially a 5" one...

I guess you didn't actually read my comment.

Here, I'll give you something else not to read.

I never said it would be the exclusive larger phone.

• Reply 125 of 126
    websnapwebsnap Posts: 224member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

I guess you didn't actually read my comment.

Here, I'll give you something else not to read.

I never said it would be the exclusive larger phone.

My apologies. I misread. 

To be fair, though ... I didn't say it would be the exclusive either... any special edition Apple has ever made was still obtainable – like product Red or such. However i see what you mean and I apologize for responding before reading properly.

• Reply 126 of 126
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by drewys808 View Post

Hey....aren't you the same guy who said the same thing about the iPad Mini?!?!

Yes, the niche product that Apple sells alongside their real iPad. Your point is what?