Apple to sell two sizes of iWatch with flexible AMOLED displays this fall, prices to reach 'thousand

Comments

• Reply 21 of 103
    snova wrote: »
    federal tax credit against your Affordable Care Act contribution.  How about that for big can of worms?

This kind of early detection would save insurance companies billions, and cause premiums to go down for everyone.
  • Reply 22 of 103
    monirommonirom Posts: 1member

People want high end wearables like they want a hole in their head. They want to carry fewer items not more. There's very little you can do with a watch that doesn't seem like overkill when you can just glance down to your phone. Unless you're talking about dedicated devices like the Fitbit Flex and Nike Fuel Band — which are small and do their best to get out of your way.

• Reply 23 of 103
    snovasnova Posts: 1,281member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by masterkona View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by snova View Post

federal tax credit against your Affordable Care Act contribution.  How about that for big can of worms?

This kind of early detection would save insurance companies billions, and cause premiums to go down for everyone.

In the year of ObamaCare roll out, it seems appropriate for it also be the year of AppleCare roll out.. wait.. that didn't come out right

• Reply 24 of 103
    b9botb9bot Posts: 238member

This certainly would not be a product that sold well if were talking thousands of dollars to sell. Since there is no iWatch yet and Apple hasn't released anything on it I will take this with a grain of bad salt. Whomever is reporting this stuff should just stop making crap up because it isn't going to help anyone anyways.

• Reply 25 of 103
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    In the year of ObamaCare roll out, it seems appropriate for it also be the year of AppleCare roll out.. wait.. that didn't come out right

"If you like your Apple Genius, you can keep your Apple Genius. Period."
  • Reply 26 of 103
    Lol why do you keep showing android wear AI
  • Reply 27 of 103
    hentaiboy wrote: »

Why? Because it looks like an overhead shot from the intro to Game of Thrones? What do all those gears do? If they tell the next time boobies will be on screen on GoT then thousands of dollars is well worth the price.
  • Reply 28 of 103

It is the nicest mockup I've seen and close to what I hope Apple is going for.
  • Reply 29 of 103
    snovasnova Posts: 1,281member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon Powell View Post

It is the nicest mockup I've seen and close to what I hope Apple is going for.

definitely is a "Mock Up"

• Reply 30 of 103
    deepkiddeepkid Posts: 97member
    Quote:

you would have to try really hard to make all this stuff up.

you would have to be really HIGH to make all this stuff up.  :D

• Reply 31 of 103
    definitely is a "Mock Up"

I assume you mean "tease or laugh at in a scornful or contemptuous manner" when you write mock. What is so laughable about it?

I don't think Motorola has the chops to make when they "demoed" this year but I think the round display is the risk way to go. I would like to see a thinner bezel and it not being so damn thick (which you can't tell from that pic), and I think the bright-white display is a bad move. I'd go with AMOLED and make the display black except for a few necessary pixels for a (default) analog clock face using very little power and have a great looking deep-black face. iOS 7's ultra-thin Helvetica Neue would make sense here.

I'd also expect an accelerometer that would be intelligent enough to turn on the display when you turn or raise your wrist in a manner that would indicate you could be looking at the watch face. This would probably need to have a simple off button in case you're in a dark room like a movie theater.

I wouldn't expect this to be a "smart" watch that is trying to be a smartphone. I think it would be best suited as an accessory device for iPhone users.
  • Reply 32 of 103
    ajbdtc826ajbdtc826 Posts: 190member
    2 sizes? Already kicking off with fragmentation, huh. I don't buy it.
  • Reply 33 of 103
    inoseyinosey Posts: 89member
    freerange wrote: »
    "Thousands of dollars"???? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Low volume at best. Next, NFC, really? A pretty much failed tech, at least in the US? IMHO, not.
    They said the most expensive model will be, so there'll be some that are cheap, I'm sure
  • Reply 34 of 103
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    As long as the screws don't line up together, I'm sold on the iWatch.
  • Reply 35 of 103
    hentaiboyhentaiboy Posts: 1,252member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Why? Because it looks like an overhead shot from the intro to Game of Thrones? What do all those gears do? If they tell the next time boobies will be on screen on GoT then thousands of dollars is well worth the price.

Swiss Engineering vs Made in China

• Reply 36 of 103
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,843moderator
    I have this dream about the iWatch. The band could be where certain sensor are incorporated. So a diabetic would buy the iWatch body/face with the diabetic sensor band. That band might cost a pretty penny and be subsidized by insurance. A fitness junkie or athlete buys the sports band. Someone who merely wants an iWatch for its notifications capabilities and ability to run their iPhone Apps remotely would get the band with no special sensors. And some folks will get multiple bands, sports band for the daytime, dress band for evening, different colors, etc. and perhaps all the bands incorporate the battery, so when you switch bands you get a full charge (presumably your extra bands are stored atop your included inductive charger).

Hey, I can dream.
  • Reply 37 of 103
    I have this dream about the iWatch. The band could be where certain sensor are incorporated. So a diabetic would buy the iWatch body/face with the diabetic sensor band. That band might cost a pretty penny and be subsidized by insurance. A fitness junkie or athlete buys the sports band. Someone who merely wants an iWatch for its notifications capabilities and ability to run their iPhone Apps remotely would get the band with no special sensors. And some folks will get multiple bands, sports band for the daytime, dress band for evening, different colors, etc. and perhaps all the bands incorporate the battery, so when you switch bands you get a full charge (presumably your extra bands are stored atop your included inductive charger).

Hey, I can dream.

I wonder if a physical dial around the face, like in a diver's watch, would be a useful way to switch between "apps" on such a wearable electronic. Having it be only a touch screen (which I'm not sure would work on a thick, convex piece of sapphire) or having to press annoying side button seems questionable to me, but I'm truly not expecting it to be a huge outputter of on-screen data.
  • Reply 38 of 103
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

you would have to try really hard to make all this stuff up.

That’s exactly what they’re doing.

They get paid to make things up.

• Reply 39 of 103
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member

Yawn

Will someone tell me why I need a digital iWatch when I have an iPhone in my pocket?

• Reply 40 of 103
    pazuzu wrote: »
    Yawn
    Will someone tell me why I need a digital iWatch when I have an iPhone in my pocket?

What biometrics does your phone measure in your pocket?