Apple's 2014 iPads to sport Touch ID & TSMC-built A8 CPU, 12.9" iPad unlikely till 2015

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 49
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    benji888 wrote: »

It's the apple insider app in my phone giving me 3 notifications in a row for rumors...I don't care about rumors, I want NEWS, when apple has/announces an event or releases something, then I want a notification.

Well you've come to the wrong forum. Frankly you've come to the wrong Internet.

If I wanted just news about Apple rather than rumour or discussion I would just watch the 6pm local news which, as I recall, did a small piece on all new iPhones and iPads. It's less likely to cover Mac releases.

We are here for rumours. AppleInsider. Pretending to have inside information since the late nineties. Still the best place for Apple discussion. On real news. And rumours.
  • Reply 42 of 49
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member

The iPad mini retina had the iPad Air as competition and I expect many were like me and decided to go with the larger device since weight wise it wasn't much of an issue.

• Reply 43 of 49
    benji888benji888 Posts: 135member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

Well you've come to the wrong forum. Frankly you've come to the wrong Internet.

If I wanted just news about Apple rather than rumour or discussion I would just watch the 6pm local news which, as I recall, did a small piece on all new iPhones and iPads. It's less likely to cover Mac releases.

We are here for rumours. AppleInsider. Pretending to have inside information since the late nineties. Still the best place for Apple discussion. On real news. And rumours.

you're right, but, I can go to the app for all the rumors, it just would be nice to find a way to get notifications of real news without notifications of all the many rumors. ...I have turned off all notifications from the apple insider app. ...but, I'd still like to find a source that will give me the kind of notifications I want. ...I'm sure there is a way to do that, since AppleInsider seems to select which articles are pushed to notifications, as I don't get them for all articles, nor every day.

• Reply 44 of 49
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by benji888 View Post

I dont care about rumors, I want NEWS

I guess never visit any page other than this one? Otherwise stop complaining.

• Reply 45 of 49
    Darn! I want that NOW!!!

GG:)
  • Reply 46 of 49
    jdiamondjdiamond Posts: 130member

Re: Apple should just sell $299 Mini and $399 Air with 32GB

You have to look at the base cost numbers.  Before the iPad Mini came out, I too hoped it would be just $299.  But when I saw the iSupply BOM (raw material cost) was almost $300, I knew this was impossible.  The BOM doesn't even include labor costs, and Apple needs to make around 40% margin on these things.

Basically, watch iSupply - when the BOM drops below $200, you can start reasonably expecting a $299 device.  Otherwise, you get what you pay for - these are extremely compact and portable computers with high res screens.  It's like asking for a $299 Macbook Air. :)

• Reply 47 of 49
    jdiamondjdiamond Posts: 130member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Shadow View Post

Personally I wouldn't consider this "breaking" news. Mostly because I expected it since it was included on the phone.

I know several iPad 2 owners who are literally waiting for "Touch ID" to upgrade their iPad.

Thanks for pointing that out.  When I first read the breaking rumors, all I thought they were saying is that Apple would be releasing minor upgrades to the iPad this year.

• Reply 48 of 49

Download the amazing Player Xtreme - Media Player App! Its especially designed for iPad and gives users an excellent movie watching experience with other cool built in features!

Limited Time Offer On Free Pro Version!

App Store Link: https://bit.ly/PlayerXtreme