Apple to partner with Shazam for song recognition in iOS 8, report says

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 86
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    gumbi wrote: »

I haven't looked to deeply at your link, but, this sounds about the same as Xbox Music.  $10 bucks a month for unlimited access to the catalog (both streaming and download), playlists, collection match, radio stations, etc.  Last I looked Xbox music had a bigger catalog than Google.  I think the only missing feature from Xbox Music that I would like to see added (and I hear is in the works) is the music locker -the ability to add your own music that isn't in the collection. 

Some of the similarities and differences between Google All-Access and XBox Music are discussed here:
    http://www.androidcentral.com/listen-comparing-xbox-music-and-google-play-music-all-access
  • Reply 82 of 86
    gumbigumbi Posts: 148member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Some of the similarities and differences between Google All-Access and XBox Music are discussed here:

http://www.androidcentral.com/listen-comparing-xbox-music-and-google-play-music-all-access

Sounds as if Xbox music sucks on Android.  But, it certainly doesn't on Windows/Windows Phone.  None of the problems that they talk about are present.  So, for me it's great - radio, playlists, unlimited streaming and download, collection match, etc.  I supposed if I was using android, I would move to Google all access, but since I'm not - Xbox music works better.  Not to mention, that it's library is about double the size of all access at around 30Million tracks.

• Reply 83 of 86
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    gumbi wrote: »
    Sounds as if Xbox music sucks on Android.  But, it certainly doesn't on Windows/Windows Phone.  None of the problems that they talk about are present.  So, for me it's great - radio, playlists, unlimited streaming and download, collection match, etc.  I supposed if I was using android, I would move to Google all access, but since I'm not - Xbox music works better.  Not to mention, that it's library is about double the size of all access at around 30Million tracks.

I've wondered how many tracks Google Music has available. So you found it was 15million then? Thanks. By the way where did you find that?

EDIT: You got my curiosity going. I don't see anything real current but as of about 6 months ago Google said they offered about 20M tracks in their catalog which placed them similar to Spotify who also claimed 20M. . . and 20% of those had never played even once! :wow:
  • Reply 84 of 86
    gumbigumbi Posts: 148member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

I've wondered how many tracks Google Music has available. So you found it was 15million then? Thanks. By the way where did you find that?

EDIT: You got my curiosity going. I don't see anything real current but as of about 6 months ago Google said they offered about 20M tracks in their catalog which placed them similar to Spotify who also claimed 20M. . . and 20% of those had never played even once! image

It sounds like the selection has come up on Google All Access.  I will have to dig it up, but, there was an article on the web that compared All Access, Spotify, iTunes, Xbox Music, and maybe Pandora...  It was off of memory, so, it was probably older.

• Reply 85 of 86
    shahhet2shahhet2 Posts: 149member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Good riddance to bad rubbish, I feel liberated, liberated and it's mostly thanks to guys like Gatorguy.

lol, Didn't you already deleted your Google account 4-5 already, or somehow something brought you back to create new Google account. wink wink

Maybe someone just want to create fake account to delete it and show off his/her love for Google.

• Reply 86 of 86
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by shahhet2 View Post

lol, Didn't you already deleted your Google account 4-5 already, or somehow something brought you back to create new Google account. wink wink

Maybe someone just want to create fake account to delete it and show off his/her love for Google.

No I logged out of everything Google months ago, all I had left was a gmail account logged in via mail in iOS.

It stopped working, I reset the password and couldn't get it to work again, so deleted the account.

Ten years of spam, gone as the predominant use was signing up to dodgy sites.

Before Gmail I had Yahoo and after Gmail I have Yahoo.

Now if only I wouldn't get harassed to install Google Apps when I use the Appleinsider App on my iPhone.

Strange that, everywhere I go now I get prompts to join Google.

If I cut and paste Youtube links I find in Bing to Facebook I get nothing.

Liberated and free, no more Google for me.