Samsung experts say Apple's patented features not valuable in trial

Comments

• Reply 41 of 139
    I think Samsung's lawyers just argued that the features they cram into their phones aren't worth very much. Makes a great marketing campaign: Galaxy S5: The Next Not Very Valuable Thing Is Here.
  • Reply 42 of 139
    If these patents are as worthless as Samsung claims, then why don't they just drop them out of their products? They'd lose nothing of any value, by their logic.

Exactly what I was going to say! If they are not valuable patents then just strip those features out of your phone with your own patented implementation.
  • Reply 43 of 139
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,095member

So Samsung essentially admits it violated Apple's patents, and then fabricates the excuse that the patents weren't that big a deal to begin with?

I so hope the judge/jury see's through the smoke screen and drops a big, granite slab of a hammer right on Samsung's skull.

• Reply 44 of 139
    bloggerblogbloggerblog Posts: 2,464member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by shahhet2 View Post

It seems it's in blood of Korean companies. Look at Samsung or Hyundai in their respective category. No doubt, they have better copy machine engineers to make replica at lower cost with quality HW, but not capable of any innovation on SW.  

Unfortunately cheating seems to also be part of the disposition. Samsung, LG cheated on benchmarks, while Huyndai and Kia cheated on MPG.

• Reply 45 of 139
    Quote:

Originally Posted by richardk32 View Post

They are innovating in other areas, though. They even have a new voice interface. It's called Iris.

Har-har! Though Iris would be better as the name of Apple's forthcoming eye-tracking interface.  Right?  

• Reply 46 of 139

If Apple's patents are so worthless, why did Samsung go to so much trouble to steal them, copy them and use them in their products?

• Reply 47 of 139
    Quote:

They are innovating in other areas, though. They even have a new voice interface. It's called Iris.

That's a better name than Ana Troc.

• Reply 48 of 139
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bloggerblog View Post

Unfortunately cheating seems to also be part of the disposition. Samsung, LG cheated on benchmarks, while Huyndai and Kia cheated on MPG.

The important thing is to show up first on some bar chart. People tend to remember that and forget the rest. Really.

• Reply 49 of 139
    michael_c wrote: »
    So, are you on Samsung's payroll or Google's? Most people dislike seeing blatant wrong doing go unpunished...

I sure hope you spend most of your time then on political forums or human Rights forums and don't waste all of that justice on a squabble between these two multi billion dollar companies.

If someone said the same thing you said over rap beef "Lil Boodizzy called J-killah a bum on track thirteen of his last mixtape you must be on boodizzys payroll if you don't care. Some people don't like seeing blatant disrespect go unpunished" you'd be laughed at. One doesn't have to be all gunho about everything apple does as a corporation (not their products) to be an Apple fan and anyone not gunho isn't a shill. Take a step back and see how insane we all night look to those who aren't diehards. They aren't wronging you by not giving a damn.
  • Reply 50 of 139
    bighypebighype Posts: 148member

Korean thieves should be banned from US market. They can sell their knockoff crap in Korea.

• Reply 51 of 139
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael_C View Post

So, are you on Samsung's payroll or Google's? Most people dislike seeing blatant wrong doing go unpunished...

I am on neither. Most people don't want to believe there beloved company(Google, Apple, Microsoft) can do wrong. What I see is Apple patents something that already existed, then sues whoever else uses it, and that to me is blatant wrong doing. 

• Reply 52 of 139
    tastowetastowe Posts: 108member
    The samsung are not my style. The apple are my style. I don't like cheap samsung plasitc phones.
  • Reply 53 of 139
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    To prove Apple's patents are worthless, Samsung has released an entirely new concept for the next Galaxy phone: youtube.com/watch?v=ILiLaRXHUr0
  • Reply 54 of 139

I had to deal with Korean companies when I was in commercial banking. Lying is a part of their culture.

• Reply 55 of 139
    droidftwdroidftw Posts: 1,009member
    Quote:

Samsung's copying Dexetra now too!?  ;)

http://www.irisbot.com/

• Reply 56 of 139
    genovellegenovelle Posts: 1,480member
    It's funny when people think if Apple/Samsung win, they win. Brand loyalty is pathetic.
    The lack of brand loyalty is what is pathetic. People who love Apple products love their attention to detail and the investment that make in delivering features the public doesn't know they want but will actually enhance their experience. When companies are allowed to steal that innovation, and compete with Apple using their own designs and investments, it hurts Apple's real customers. The more Apple is distracted by trying to insure customers are not confused thinking they are getting the same features elsewhere, the less they can focus on pushing our platform forward. The Windows theft nearly killed Apple, because they were having to compete with their own tech while the thief sold poor replicas on the cheap.

We are loyal to Apple because they consistently put the end user experience first. The more successful they are the more they can focus on making more great stuff
  • Reply 57 of 139
    "If these patents are as worthless as Samsung claims, then why don't they just drop them out of their products? They'd lose nothing of any value, by their logic."

You are confusing "patents" with "functionality".

Functionality are the things that are evolve and improve over time.
    Software-patents are the things that kill that.
    Try putting patents inside your phones instead of functionality, if you want a nice paper-weight.
  • Reply 58 of 139
    "If these patents are as worthless as Samsung claims, then why don't they just drop them out of their products? They'd lose nothing of any value, by their logic."

You are confusing "patents" with "functionality".

Functionality are the things that are evolve and improve over time.
    Software-patents are the things that kill that.
    Try putting patents inside your phones instead of functionality, if you want a nice paper-weight.
  • Reply 59 of 139
    test
  • Reply 60 of 139
    shdfgjhgdfjdfjdyj