Apple's rumored Beats buyout baffles pundits & analysts alike

Comments

• Reply 101 of 162
    gwydiongwydion Posts: 1,083member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Saying that Google, MS, and Samsung have horrible taste is not attacking.

Its telling the truth. 

Take one look at the Surface, Galaxy Gear, and Google glass.

Say the person that talks about style and Beats in the same sentence

• Reply 102 of 162
    agramonteagramonte Posts: 345member

Crap over marketed headphones with no audio tradition to speak of... And the dumbing down of apple continues.

• Reply 103 of 162
    stevenozstevenoz Posts: 314member
    This deal seems weird to me. Buy Bose if you want good headphones.

Why, Tim?
  • Reply 104 of 162
    stevenozstevenoz Posts: 314member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

I'll bet you all the Apple stock I own...

Before I bet, how much AAPL do you own?

• Reply 105 of 162
    lukeilukei Posts: 379member
    stevenoz wrote: »

Why, Tim?

Bose being even more marketing led than Beats. Good headphones my ass.
  • Reply 106 of 162
    knowitallknowitall Posts: 1,648member
    msimpson wrote: »
    It would be good if you knew it all about accounting so you can understand the financial difference between buying a company and buying back stock.   

It would be good if you knew how to read a comment.
  • Reply 107 of 162
    yojimbo007yojimbo007 Posts: 1,165member
    Apples New mantra if deal goes through!

"We will sell you mediocracy but make you feel you have the best.
    This is the new Apple !? An illusion of the best ! And we are proud of it !

Iovine told us that they are definitely worth it.. So we believe him ... He is such charming guy !

... And hey whats 3.2 billion.. We have a lot more of where that came from!

Sincerely Yours
    The new Apple ! "

If the deal proves to be true and goes through !
  • Reply 108 of 162
    waldobushmanwaldobushman Posts: 774member
    Okay. Purchase for $3.2 Million is okay; billion idiotic. A buy in the billions, means Apple would no longer by worth $10/share before the split, not because it will kill Apple, but because it would be obvious that Apple would be controlled by imbeciles.
  • Reply 109 of 162
    island hermitisland hermit Posts: 6,217member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DroidFTW View Post

Anyone else having flashbacks to when AI members were in a tizzy because Apple would never make a gold colored iPhone?

No.

• Reply 110 of 162
    elrothelroth Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

How many people remember Jobs' statement that he had made Jony Ive basically 'untouchable' at Apple? Surely I am not the only one who has noticed that all of the recent hires and action at Apple have to do with fashion and design, outside of and beyond the control of Jony and under the control of Tim? If I was a betting person, I'd see this as Tim's way around the most powerful person at Apple, who would be Jony. Call me paranoid, but internal disagreements and power struggles are really nothing new inside large organizations and my gut tells me money is being used to sidestep Apple's internal design team. Now quick, someone call me crazy and tell me I'm wrong.

You're paranoid.

• Reply 111 of 162
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

... because Apple's brand needs rescuing.

Very funny. For people who don't get it, Apple is the number one brand in the world, by every survey done in the last few years: most valuable, most respected, most profitable.

• Reply 112 of 162
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Danox View Post

He must have, I still have the Apple Hi Fi, and it still works and sounds great I still can't get rid it because it won't die, use the people in house who designed the (Apple Hi Fi) to built headphones for 100 million dollars.

It sounds "great"? Only if you're into lower end hi-fi, then it's pretty average. It probably does sound better than Beats headphones, though, with all the unnatural thumping bass.

One thing Apple has never been into is really good sound. When Steve Jobs said iTunes tracks sounded as good as CDs, and when he said the newer iPod earbuds were audiophile quality, I lost hope of Apple ever trying to make products with really good sound, or even understanding what good sound is. If they really wanted good sound, they might have invested in Neil Young's Pono project, not Beats headphones.

• Reply 113 of 162
    esstekesstek Posts: 14member
    "Rapper Lil Wayne wearing $1M custom (diamond encrusted, hyper-bling) Beats headphones." This is absolutely ridiculous [it's also stupid]. Think of how much good Lil' Wayne [or Dr. Dre, etc.] *could have done* for the poor, homeless and starving people in this country with that $1M. [B]But then again, perhaps that kind of symbolism is what Rap/Hip-Hop is all about...[/B]
  • Reply 114 of 162
    benjamin frostbenjamin frost Posts: 7,203member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Where's the "s/"?

There are some statements that don't require an /s tag. They are so ludicrous that even if the person is serious it is still ridiculous.

Depends on the person. In your case - no.

• Reply 115 of 162
    Quote:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

All the armchair quarterbacks are out in force to comment on this RUMOR. Analysts are falling all over themselves to explain, condemn, tout, or reverse engineer the RUMOR. When it turns out to be just a RUMOR then we’ll see the same goon squad writing screeds as to why the RUMORED deal fell through, how Apple once again screwed something up and is doomed.

Does that about sum it up as to what’s going on here? Oh, and this thread is quite humorous in its pontificating bloviation. 

Because it is *an* UTTER WASTE OF RESOURCES.

• Reply 116 of 162
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DroidFTW View Post

Anyone else having flashbacks to when AI members were in a tizzy because Apple would never make a gold colored iPhone?  And then Apple did make a gold colored iPhone and it became the best selling phone in the lineup?

I see you were away for four days - thank you, Apple Insider.

• Reply 117 of 162
    Quote:

Originally Posted by elroth View Post

Quote:

He must have, I still have the Apple Hi Fi, and it still works and sounds great I still can't get rid it because it won't die, use the people in house who designed the (Apple Hi Fi) to built headphones for 100 million dollars.

It sounds "great"? Only if you're into lower end hi-fi, then it's pretty average. It probably does sound better than Beats headphones, though, with all the unnatural thumping bass.

One thing Apple has never been into is really good sound. When Steve Jobs said iTunes tracks sounded as good as CDs, and when he said the newer iPod earbuds were audiophile quality, I lost hope of Apple ever trying to make products with really good sound, or even understanding what good sound is. If they really wanted good sound, they might have invested in Neil Young's Pono project, not Beats headphones.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahaha!!!....hahahahaha!!.....hahaha!...haha...ha

Thanks for the laugh.

• Reply 118 of 162
    mikesmokemikesmoke Posts: 58member
    Completely missed in the discussions- biometrics and the ear as opposed to biometrics and the wrist! I think Apple is very slick and forward thinking. Watch out!
  • Reply 119 of 162
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeSmoke View Post

Completely missed in the discussions- biometrics and the ear as opposed to biometrics and the wrist! I think Apple is very slick and forward thinking. Watch out!

• Reply 120 of 162
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

Cook can be criticised as much as any other manager. He's already hired the guy from Penney. The people here who criticised that move, mostly British, did in fact know more about that company than the leader of a $50B company. Cook != Jobs. Cook was a great COO. May not be a great CEO.

Jobs hired Eric Schmidt to the Apple BoD - he made huge hiring mistakes also.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by stevenoz View Post

Why, Tim?

Bose is crap, buy Seinheiser or Grado.