Bounden delays iOS to Android port after finding many Google phones' gyroscopes don't work

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 105
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by greatrix View Post

I don't think that 'emulation' has any legal validity either in the UK or the USA unless abiding by the copyright or licensing laws. Also, there may be a case to be made against a manufacturer or supplier if the product doesn't do what it says 'on the tin'.

Emulation of hardware in software, then misrepresenting that the hardware exists.

Although it would be more a case of misleading by omission if someone believes a feature is present when it isn't..

• Reply 102 of 105
    I have been an iOS and Android developer since Android was released and have focused on Android over iOS most because I got into mobile app development before iOS. I find that there are things that are easier on iOS and other things that are easier on Android. I could write this article both ways depending on the particular problem. This notion that there is a perfect platform on which to develop is ridiculous. It's just not true. I can't tell you how many times I've had issues porting something from Android to iOS. This isn't such a simple black and white issue. Moreover, I find it extremely unprofessional for a company to complain about it. Professional developers find ways to solve problems. If one of my developers complained like this I'd fire them. Sure, there are issues and this may very well be a big one. So what? Grow up and do your job. Find ways to get it done. I know for a fact that they aren't the first company to deal with this issue. Let them figure it out.
  • Reply 103 of 105
    tastowetastowe Posts: 108member
    The Chinese android phone makers didn't have very good skill to make good quality phones.
  • Reply 104 of 105
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tastowe View Post

The Chinese android phone makers didn't have very good skill to make good quality phones.

That is the majority of Android's "marketshare", especially in tablets.

• Reply 105 of 105
    zerobim08zerobim08 Posts: 75member
    tastowe wrote: »

Nowadays all you need is source for the right SOC and put Android in it and you are good to go.

Don't be surprised what you have in 5s is not that dissimilar to any other phones out there.