Japan's latest Apple Store features all-glass walls, aluminum roof and spiral staircase

2

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 46
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Two things. First, Safari now automatically uses websites’ search bars on its own!

    It does that a lot of sites you've visited and there is no way to move those results lower than your default search engine so you have to be more vigilant to make sure the first section is the one you want. I'm not a fan.
  • Reply 22 of 46
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,399member
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

    …there is no way to move those results lower…

     

    GAH, you know what? I hate that. BOOKMARKS SHOULD BE ABOVE SUGGESTIONS AND HISTORY. I DON’T CARE ABOUT A URL I VISITED ONCE. AUTOFILL MY BOOKMARK, BECAUSE I GO THERE ALL THE TIME. THAT’S WHY I BOOKMARKED IT.

  • Reply 23 of 46
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    GAH, you know what? I hate that. BOOKMARKS SHOULD BE ABOVE SUGGESTIONS AND HISTORY. I DON’T CARE ABOUT A URL I VISITED ONCE. AUTOFILL MY BOOKMARK, BECAUSE I GO THERE ALL THE TIME. THAT’S WHY I BOOKMARKED IT.

    I want bookmarks at the bottom because I use my Favorites Bar for that so I want my search engine suggestions first and foremost.
  • Reply 24 of 46
    slurpy wrote: »
    Dated, compared to what exactly? Go ahead and give us an example of what store design makes this look dated? Nevermind, just another troll post from you. 

    Also, I'm still waiting for you to bring your forth evidence for your lie where you claim I "swore up and down that Beats is the creme de la creme of headphone technology". 

    They don't have anything positive to say about the company, its leadership, or products. Only nonstop criticism and negativity, based on a highly biased perspective. Oh, but you'd better not call them a "troll" or you'll be accused of "not liking criticism." /s
  • Reply 25 of 46
    solipsismx wrote: »
    Well, a dated one because apparently glass and metal are so passé¡

    Poor iMac. So "dated." But never married :)
  • Reply 26 of 46
    bobschlob wrote: »
    I wish there was a way to filter out any comment that has "steve would have..." in it.

    That's beyond Huddler Lifestyle. :lol:
  • Reply 27 of 46
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


     

    I would like to think Apple spent a lot of time considering the experience of walking up to the auditorium. The crunching of gravel beneath the feet, the cherry trees to either side of you, and the tree canopy overhead would not only be very pleasant, but would maximize the effect of entering such a technologically advanced building, inside of which you will soon learn about the practical application of advanced technology. Then, as you enter the clearing, and leave the safety of the canopy, a subtle, primitive force would elicit a slight burst of adrenaline, and compel you to the shelter of the structure, lest you get attacked by a sabertooth tiger.

     

    Am I thinking too hard about this? /s

  • Reply 28 of 46
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post



    They're all beginning to look the same. Except for Grand Central NYC these glasses boxes are beginning to look kind of dated.

     

    These, like Pazazu's posts, are apparently the same...

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

  • Reply 29 of 46
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    bobschlob wrote: »
    I wish there was a way to filter out any comment that has "steve would have..." in it.
    its funny you say that because whenever I see that comment I think people are replacing the word "I" with "Steve. :D
  • Reply 30 of 46
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,399member
    Originally Posted by PatchyThePirate View Post

    Am I thinking too hard about this? /s


     

    The problem is that next to no one actually thinks about it.

     

     lest you get attacked by a sabertooth tiger.




    Ah, they’re over that. When you step out of the auditorium, a Sierra Nevada mountain falls on you.

  • Reply 31 of 46
    venomxxrvenomxxr Posts: 18member

    My favorite Apple store aesthetically is the new one they just opened in Portland at Pioneer Place. I think it's beautiful. Though I'm preparing for it to be replaced by the new one in San Fran @ Union Square. I like the idea of a hanging garden/living wall also. It should contrast the industrial design well. I'm very interested to see how Angela and Foster & Partners marry their ideas going forward. 

  • Reply 32 of 46
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 4,758member
    That looks amazing! Retail stores typically have a common theme. It's not really old and outdated at all. The design is a trademark of an Apple Retail Store...why would you want to change it?
  • Reply 33 of 46
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,107member

    Everyone notice how Pazuzu never came back to explain himself, or respond to the numerous questions about his comments? Even when others presented evidence showing his claim was pretty absurd?  Drive-by trolling at it's finest. Just pop in, shit in the thread, then pop back out- rinse and repeat. His specialty. 

     

    But hey, I guess nobody can "handle" his "criticism" about Apple. 

  • Reply 34 of 46
    welshdogwelshdog Posts: 1,653member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post



    They're all beginning to look the same. Except for Grand Central NYC these glasses boxes are beginning to look kind of dated.

    Just because you say it, does not mean it is true.  Did you mean to say "timeless"?

  • Reply 35 of 46
    arlorarlor Posts: 487member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by WelshDog View Post

     

    Just because you say it, does not mean it is true.  Did you mean to say "timeless"?


     

    Apple's design aesthetic is sort of the minimalist extreme of the current glass and steel trend in building design, with a very high glass:steel ratio. I like it, but I don't think they're still going to look the same 20 or 30 years from now (or at least the new ones being built then won't look the same). 

     

    The original iMacs hardly proved timeless. And Steve did do that!

  • Reply 36 of 46
    fred1fred1 Posts: 285member
    So what would make you happy? A store made entirely of sapphire crystal?
  • Reply 37 of 46
    zabazaba Posts: 226member
    Wish we had beautiful Apple stores instead of the crappy boxes built inside soulless shopping centres (Leeds, Sheffield, UK).
  • Reply 38 of 46
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member

    HUMAN NATURE CAN NEVER BE SATISFIED!

  • Reply 39 of 46
    bobschlob wrote: »
    I wish there was a way to filter out any comment that has "steve would have..." in it.

    I’m delighted to say that there is! Don’t read the comments.
  • Reply 40 of 46
    solipsismx wrote: »
    Two things. First, Safari now automatically uses websites’ search bars on its own!

    It does that a lot of sites you've visited and there is no way to move those results lower than your default search engine so you have to be more vigilant to make sure the first section is the one you want. I'm not a fan.

    Then you don‘t belong in a Surface Pro.
Sign In or Register to comment.