Apple looks to rein in marketing costs, accelerates internal ad team buildup

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45
    Lol. More Internet advertising? I've never seen an Apple ad on AppleInsider outside of the articles about Apple marketing. But I've seen plenty of competitor ads served up on this site ;)

THIS site would be wasted money for Apple to advertise on... however Samsung is all-in when it comes to wasting ad money.

Also, I see a lot of ads on this site that are highly tied to what I've very recently done a Google search on.
  • Reply 42 of 45
    I think one of the most important reasons is SECRECY. With its own agency, Apple will be free to begin much sooner to create marketing strategies (especially) for upcoming products.
  • Reply 43 of 45
    zoetmbzoetmb Posts: 2,654member
    If they want to save money, all they have to do is stop scheduling the exact same ad every ten minutes in the same show. It's actually quite annoying

The agencies pull this crap because they get paid based upon billing. This may be one of the reasons for bringing it in house.

On the other hand, one of the reasons to use an agency is because you can put the account up for review every few years when your agency runs out of ideas. Internal marketing departments tend to get stale quick.
  • Reply 44 of 45
    ksecksec Posts: 1,569member

I never worked in Apple or a big companies in Fortune 500 before. So I dont understand why a marketing teams needs 1000 people? 

If they were to create specific Ads for each region then you may need to hire extra people to understand their culture etc. But Apple's Ads are pretty much universal.  So I dont understand why the need for a 1000?

Heck even the original 600 seems too much for me.