Kanye West says Samsung-Jay Z collaboration drove Apple to buy Beats for cultural credibility

Comments

• Reply 21 of 92

Hey KANYE IMO (slang for "I am going"...not "in my opinion") LET YOU FINISH BUT.....

You're no Dre or Steve Jobs
  • Reply 22 of 92
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Anything that comes out of this individuals mouth should be considered void of all thought.
  • Reply 23 of 92
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,096member

Mr. Kardashian should stick to what he does best.... uhm... anyone know what that might be??

• Reply 24 of 92
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Nothing he's tried to connect makes any sense on any level.
  • Reply 25 of 92

Kanye's still a jackass.

• Reply 26 of 92
    No comments yet?

Kanye West's mouth moves a lot without his brain being anywhere nearby... Now that he married into the Kardashin family he is even more of the background noise to me than before.
  • Reply 27 of 92
    solipsismx wrote: »
    Nothing he's tried to connect makes any sense on any level.

What? You don't believe the story of how Apple was running scared of Samsung's bump in street cred from their Jay-Z promotion?¡
  • Reply 28 of 92
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member

Who?

• Reply 29 of 92
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    andysol wrote: »
    And George Bush hates black people. If you listen to this guy you're crazier than him.

Not hate, just doesn't care about them. ;)
  • Reply 30 of 92
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

I know these guys are just part of a perfectly harmless legit cultural style and all, but I still think they are a bunch of thugs, but that is just my opinion. I still don't get why Apple wants to be so closely associated with with Dre and his ilk. Even that older iChat session seemed like a real sell out from Jobs... just pimppin' iTunes.

It is easy to find all these loser's arrest records with a quick Google search, including the one below: I'm assuming the 'Steve Stoute' pictured above is the same as mentioned in this excerpt from an article about Sean Combs' brushes with the law.

Quote: http://crime.about.com/od/famousdiduno/ig/mugshots_rap_hip_rb/rap_puffymugshot.htm
     On April 15, 1999, Combs was accused of assaulting Steve Stoute of Interscope Records. Stoute was the manager for Nas, whose video for "Hate Me Now" featured Combs being crucified. Though Combs had willingly filmed the video scene earlier that year, he demanded that the images be removed.

Stoute's refusal led to an argument and Combs' arrest for aggravated assault. This was followed by a yet more negative publicity as The Lox left Bad Boy Records, and a recording session with Lil' Kim and Lil' Cease (both of B.I.G.'s Junior M.A.F.I.A.) posse was interrupted by gunfire.

Sean

There are a number of the same sorts of arrest records for Andre Young, but I'll let you find those for yourselves.

This is a fun webpage too.

http://www.ranker.com/list/rappers-in-prison-complete-list-of-rappers-in-jail/whatevayoulike

Legit cultural style my ass!

• Reply 31 of 92
    "There would have been no Beats deal without the Samsung deal. It showed the No. 1 company the importance of connecting with culture," West said of Apple. "The reason I said I didn't like Samsung particularly is because throughout my entire life, because of how my parents raised me, I have to work with the No. 1. [...] Samsung is not quite Apple, but it showed that Jimmy and Dre would be able to connect with the No. 1 influencers."

West, a devout Apple fan who previously compared himself to cofounder Steve Jobs, said he isn't a Samsung supporter, but respected the Korean company's decision to tap pop culture with its Jay Z deal. Apple was subsequently influenced by the partnership and ended up buying Beats, he said.

"Steve Jobs, as everyone knows, was my biggest influence. Just seeing the way he fought to make things easier for people. After he passed, I made it my life's mission to do what he did inside of that company," West said. "I dream to help raise the palate and raise the taste level of a generation and also be involved with the production and distribution and advertising of that thing everyone's begging for."

I think Kanye is thinking Apple will read this interview and give him a billion and treat him like he was Dre.

Ain't goona happen, Kanye. You're more of a nobody than you realize.
  • Reply 32 of 92
    serendipserendip Posts: 93member
    Perhaps you forgot about Beyonce's 2013 iTunes only album?

http://mashable.com/2013/12/16/beyonce-album-breaks-itunes-record/

Kanye... Apple knows you can't buy culture. You can't buy taste or respect. A million dollars (or Pamela Anderson) doesn't buy class. Perhaps you need a reminder...

http://www.mtv.com/news/1621404/kanye-west-asked-to-leave-vmas-after-rant-against-taylor-swift/

And I guess your heartfelt apology (and your mother's respect) mean just as much to you as *your* "culture"...

http://www.today.com/id/32845319/ns/today-today_entertainment/t/it-was-rude-kanye-west-tells-jay-leno/#.U6DLlRaprwI
  • Reply 33 of 92
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    let the shitstorm begin....
  • Reply 34 of 92
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    And AI publishes this horseshit? Kayne is a juvenile with a talent for rapping and nothing else. Cue and Tim have already said why Apple bought Beats: great talent, not just deal maker extraordinaire, but Beats 550 employees, an Apple-styled curated music streaming service done right, and hardware, a way for Apple to fast track their way into the wearable market with cool overear headphones — only now designed and engineered by Apple with Beats branding and market share behind them. He said it was a no brainer and I believe them. And other future avenues like wireless speakers.

Wouldn't at all surprise me if Apple's long term goal with Beats headphones is to replace the iPod with them using your iWatch (or your iPhone) as the viewer/controller for your music.

It has nothing to do with that embarrassing South Korean company.
  • Reply 35 of 92

Kanye, Trump, Icahn, Schmidt, Ballmer, The entirety of Samsung.

Now there's a club!

• Reply 36 of 92
    island hermitisland hermit Posts: 6,217member

There was a collaboration between fellow performer Jay Z and Samsung last year?

Who's Jay Z? What's a Samsung?

• Reply 37 of 92
    stuffestuffe Posts: 394member
    Well, at least he's helped us rule out one reason why they bought Beats, because if he's says so, it's gotta be flat out wrong. Cheers Kanye!
  • Reply 38 of 92
    This guy is such a douche bag! Everything he says is inaccurate and irrelevant!
  • Reply 39 of 92
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    OK if Kanye is still in Cannes when Jony gets there later this week he needs to give Kanye a swift ass kicking. Can't stand that guy, And I'm assuming unlike Dre, I can say that without people throwing out the race card. ;)
  • Reply 40 of 92
    "Credibility" and "Kanye West" don't seem to go together. Ask Annie Leibovitz, who thankfully had the gumption to say no. Kanye West, who is reportedly in dire financial straits until Jay-Z provided a much-needed lifetime (in exchange for control over his business affairs), is just repaying his boss whose much-heralded co-branding undertaking with a corrupt Korean chaebol was a monumental flop.