Apple's 5.5-inch 'iPhone 6' to sport optical image stabilization, 4.7-inch version will not

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 65
    sporlosporlo Posts: 143member
    flaneur wrote: »
    Could the premature whiners about gimping one model please note the first four words of the story?: "Due to supply constraints . . . "
    Yes, your point is valid, but gimping small models is not uncommon, and so all we have is the weak hope that Apple won't change. And again, this isn't the first hint of this we've had.
  • Reply 62 of 65
    freediverxfreediverx Posts: 1,423member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by palegolas View Post

It'd make sense to develop an iWatch so that you can leave the bigger unit(s) in the bag when taking a call, reading a tweet etc. 

Who wants a phone that requires a bag to carry around? I need my phone with me all the time so it has to be super light and portable so it fits easily in any pocket.

• Reply 63 of 65
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    freediverx wrote: »
    Who wants a phone that requires a bag to carry around? I need my phone with me all the time so it has to be super light and portable so it fits easily in any pocket.

Some folks would carry a tablet with them all the time if they had their 'druthrers, Obviously an iPad isn't the most convenient thing to carry around so many folk go for the largest screen smartphone they carry conveniently carry. 5.5" display phones do fit a whole lotta pockets where no tablet can, and a bunch'a purses where a tablet would leave that "unsightly bulge". :)
  • Reply 64 of 65
    freediverxfreediverx Posts: 1,423member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Some folks would carry a tablet with them all the time if they had their 'druthrers, Obviously an iPad isn't the most convenient thing to carry around so many folk go for the largest screen smartphone they carry conveniently carry. 5.5" display phones do fit a whole lotta pockets where no tablet can tread.

I get that, but my desire for a larger screen is trumped by my reluctance to wear dad jeans or '90s cargo pants.

• Reply 65 of 65
    palegolaspalegolas Posts: 1,361member
    gatorguy wrote: »
    Some folks would carry a tablet with them all the time if they had their 'druthrers, Obviously an iPad isn't the most convenient thing to carry around so many folk go for the largest screen smartphone they carry conveniently carry. 5.5" display phones do fit a whole lotta pockets where no tablet can, and a bunch'a purses where a tablet would leave that "unsightly bulge". :)
    Yeah. I briefly tried a 5.2 inch phone the other day. I withdraw any remarks on 5+ inch being too big. It's positively within jeans pocket domain. I'll be looking forward to a little bit bigger work screen estate.