Google looks to squeeze Apple in emerging markets with new Android One program

1235»

Comments

  • Reply 81 of 93
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,709member
    relic wrote: »
    Actually that is incorrect, you can download the factory images directly from Google here, though 4.3 is the latest version available, if you go to the Nexus developer forums they are also working on 4.4.4. However, if you have a model from a carrier, yes their isn't KitKat, but this isn't Google's fault as the source is available for them to use, that's why I always buy my Nexus phones and tablets directly from Google, unlocked, I will never, ever buy a phone on contract again!.

    How are you doing Relic?

    How can it not be Google's fault? If Apple can do it with their "limited" market share, why can't Googs do it with their "winning" market share? Fact is , Google doesn't give a shit. You still get ads in 2.X as you would with 4.X.
  • Reply 82 of 93
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    jungmark wrote: »
    How are you doing Relic?

    How can it not be Google's fault? If Apple can do it with their "limited" market share, why can't Googs do it with their "winning" market share? Fact is , Google doesn't give a shit. You still get ads in 2.X as you would with 4.X.

    It's not Google's fault when they are releasing updates in a timely matter but the carriers choose not to use them for their phones.

    I'm still breathing even with one lung so that's something, heavily medicated, started to develop really bad back problems because I lay around all day and my husband won't touch me because he's afraid he'll break me. Besides that, just peachy, no I'm just being depressing, I feel better, my strength is slowly returning, I'm eating a little bit better and I have lots of people around me who love me. Thank you so much asking, I really appreciate that.
  • Reply 83 of 93
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Relic View Post

     
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post





    iOS users are more intelligent than Android users, which means that they are inherently less susceptible to phishing attacks. So whilst in theory both platform users are vulnerable, Android users are more vulnerable.

     

    :mad:


     

    There are exceptions. ????

  • Reply 84 of 93
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,709member
    relic wrote: »
    It's not Google's fault when they are releasing updates in a timely matter but the carriers choose not to use them for their phones.

    I'm still breathing even with one lung so that's something, heavily medicated, started to develop really bad back problems because I lay around all day and my husband won't touch me because he's afraid he'll break me. Besides that, just peachy, no I'm just being depressing, I feel better, my strength is slowly returning, I'm eating a little bit better and I have lots of people around me who love me. Thank you so much asking, I really appreciate that.

    It is Googles fault. They should have mandated it.

    You're welcome. It wouldn't be AI if I don't see one of your long posts. :)
  • Reply 85 of 93
    'Google looks to squeeze Apple...'

    So Google is going into smoothies now?

    Ever the un-focused. I guess they made their first foray with Samsung: 'our sales were smooth.'
  • Reply 86 of 93
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    By using my brain.

    And how do we know with absolute certainty that you're intelligent, or that your brain is an effective gauge for intelligence?

    "Mummy, why is the moon white?"
    "Because it's made of cheese"
    "Why?"
    "So the man in the moon can eat it."
    "Why?"
    "So he doesn't go hungry."
    "Why?"

    Ad infinitum…
  • Reply 87 of 93
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 12,985member
    "Mummy, why is the moon white?"
    "Because it's made of cheese"
    "Why?"
    "So the man in the moon can eat it."
    "Why?"
    "So he doesn't go hungry."
    "Why?"

    Ad infinitum…

    It's not infinite because he'll eventually eat himself out of moon. :lol:
  • Reply 88 of 93
    ingsocingsoc Posts: 212member

    Possibly Android phones will become entry level devices in emerging markets, and then those customers will want to upgrade to an iPhone later on. ;-)

  • Reply 89 of 93
    ingsoc wrote: »
    Possibly Android phones will become entry level devices in emerging markets, and then those customers will want to upgrade to an iPhone later on. ;-)

    You're describing the present.
  • Reply 90 of 93
    ingsocingsoc Posts: 212member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post





    You're describing the present.

     

    Android One hasn't launched yet. I'm (kind of facetiously) suggesting that Android One might give a leg-up to Apple in emerging markets in the longer term. But who knows, really. 

  • Reply 91 of 93
    ingsoc wrote: »
    You're describing the present.

    Android One hasn't launched yet. I'm (kind of facetiously) suggesting that Android One might give a leg-up to Apple in emerging markets in the longer term. But who knows, really. 

    Oh, I see. Yes, it seems to me that Google's focus is now on the low-end of the market. They've abandoned any pretence of keeping up with Apple.

    Quite where Samsung fits into that scenario, I don't know. I think they will have to sink into the mud whence they came. Hope they have hippo brains.
  • Reply 92 of 93
    ingsocingsoc Posts: 212member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post







    Quite where Samsung fits into that scenario, I don't know. I think they will have to sink into the mud whence they came. Hope they have hippo brains.

     

    Samsung's an interesting one, because they try to cater to all ends of the market.

    I actually think that Samsung should spend a lot of time updating their Android UI to make it "material-esque" and to dramatically improve usability and responsiveness.

     

    Aside from that, I think Samsung's big issue (generally) is quality. They might see some advantage in thinning out their model line up and improving build/materials quality, as well as anything they do with their UI.

     

    Having said that, I think that Samsung will continue to "lead from behind" in the short term. I actually think that their lack of strategy may end up biting them over the next couple of years.

  • Reply 93 of 93
    elfinelfin Posts: 1member

    ELFIN Research and Analytics published its top picks for 2H14.

    Check out the top 10 picks and subscribe to free newsletters 

    http://www.elfinra.com/sample.php

    http://www.elfinra.com/subscribe.php

Sign In or Register to comment.