Al-Qaeda prefers Android over Apple's iOS

Comments

• Reply 161 of 228
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mistercow View Post

Everone prefers Android over iOS.

Everyone who struggles to spell, indeed, Mr. Cowabunga.

• Reply 162 of 228
    Quote:

Originally Posted by En Sabah Nur View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by "Apple 

[" url="/t/181670/al-qaeda-prefers-android-over-apples-ios#post_2573059"]Awesome topic!

I'm not going to bother to search back through all of my prior posts, but I'm almost certain that I have mentioned something similar to this topic a long time ago, at least once, if not more.

Going back many years ago, when they were hunting down terrorist scum in crappy places like Afghanistan and Pakistan, when the terrorists were captured, they almost always had ugly and bulky PC laptops!

I'm not saying that it is inconceivable or impossible, but I've never heard of any Islamic terrorists who were caught with Macs. And believe me, this subject is right up my alley, so I know what I'm talking about. When they shot dead the disgusting Bin Laden, do you think that he had a Macbook Air in his compound? Hell no.

It also makes perfect sense that Al-Qaeda terrorists prefer Android!

Apple is for creative people, and terrorists are not exactly the creative type. And no, figuring out new ways of killing people or blowing yourself up does not qualify as being creative.

Android is obviously for really poor people and now it's also apparently for Al-Qaeda terrorists too! 

I didn't think that my opinion of Android users could possibly sink any lower than it currently is, but amazingly, I detest Android users even more than before now.

I'm actually taking a flight tomorrow to Vegas. I assume that I will mostly only see iOS devices being used on my flight, but I will certainly be keeping an eye out for anybody who is using Android on the plane, as they are far more likely to be a terrorist.

"Android is obviously for really poor people"???? What are you smoking?? I have a lot of friends and know a lot of people who bought iPhones but switched to android because of the restrictions. Let me add that they are not too tech savvy, so they don't know about jailbreak and stuff. They went back to android because they can't interact "normally" with other devices. (Bluetooth transfer, drag and drop on a pc, syncing music etc..) Understandable, I have never used an android phone, I used blackberry's but when I switched to the iPhone 3G a couple of years ago, I really had to adept and get used to it. Never ever switched to another platform though. Also I know a lot of people who are just waiting for a bigger screen sized iPhone and simply chose for android because of the screen size. So don't you ever say that "obviously" android is for really poor people again.

Judging from the gobbledegook that is your post, I would say that you are the archetypal Android user; even that six year old iPhone is far too good for you.

• Reply 163 of 228
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BobSchlob View Post

C'mon you guys! Only 4 pages of comments for this story??  Get the lead out! Put your backs into it!!

No need to bobschlobulate the matter.

• Reply 164 of 228
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member

Man, you're really driving that joke into the ground aren't you?  It was funny once.

• Reply 165 of 228
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by drew0020 View Post

Daniel has never had much credibility. This article once again more than proves that. Terrible article by a terrible writer.

I disagree. Daniel has had excellent articles with excellent investigation and analysis that you will see nowhere else- his pieces are the main reason I visit this site. 

However, this article is not one of these examples. And yes, I agree, it definitely harms his credibility and it was an error of judgement to publish (unless the whole thing is satire)

• Reply 166 of 228
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    slurpy wrote: »
    I disagree. Daniel has had excellent articles with excellent investigation and analysis that you will see nowhere else- his pieces are the main reason I visit this site. 

However, this article is not one of these examples. And yes, I agree, it definitely harms his credibility and it was an error of judgement to publish (unless the whole thing is satire)

I think DED is an excellent researcher, clever and funny writer but I do feel he's not nearly as objective as I'd like him to be. I think this hurts his credibility as a tech writer. Many years ago when I found Roughly Drafted it was a very different world for Apple and there was far too much negative press but nowadays — even though the anti-Apple press is still popular — there are plenty of pro-Apple writers. I enjoy his wit and detail but I wish his articles would come across as more balanced.
  • Reply 167 of 228
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    I'm just glad everyone loves their Apple products. My stock thanks you over and over again.

This Fall will be my first iOS purchased product since the original iPad. I'll have to get a new iPad to boot, but still waiting on Apple to impress me with a decent mac mini.

Just never could convince myself to blow thousands over the years on a smart phone.

FWIW: If Apple had Google's approach to 3rd party accessibility to iOS and the iPhone/iPad the entire Google fandom would have been on Steve Job's ass from 2007 and beyond his untimely passing.
  • Reply 168 of 228
    rogifan wrote: »
    Looks like DED has reached the bottom of the Android barrel. What's he going to do now?
    Maybe he could get AI to fix the site advertising that kicks me out of Safari and to some stupid game on the AppStore. That's fucking annoying.

Let me see if I can translate this into terrorist ramblings:
    Maybe = If Allah (peace be upon him) wills..
    he = the godless lackey who wrote this exposé...
    could get AI = the Great Satan behiind this site
    to fix = a remedy involving swords removing body parts
    the site adverting = the infestation of the fleas of a thousand camels
    that kicks me out of Safari = that causes my Windows XP to BOMB...
    and to some stupid game = and send me to where I can practice Jhaid...
    on the AppStore = paradise without all the virgins...
    That's fucking annoying = It gets my turban in a knot.
  • Reply 169 of 228
    FWIW: If Apple had Google's approach to 3rd party accessibility to iOS and the iPhone/iPad the entire Google fandom would have been on Steve Job's ass from 2007 and beyond his untimely passing.

I wholeheartedly disagree. From SW to HW Apple's approach is better for the consumer.
  • Reply 170 of 228
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I think DED is an excellent researcher, clever and funny writer but I do feel he's not nearly as objective as I'd like him to be. 

The day DED achieves some semblance of 'objectivity,' is when I'll stop reading. (It's one of my quibbles, for instance, with PED at Apple 2.0).

What attempts to pass off as 'objective', esp. in tech journalism, is such pap.

• Reply 171 of 228
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    I wholeheartedly disagree. From SW to HW Apple's approach is better for the consumer.

You didn't understand a word I wrote, or I somehow was incapable of convey my intent.

Intent was to show that if Apple had created the Google Play non/play Model for iOS that Google has for Android, Steve Jobs would have been riding a crap storm from day one of the original iPhone to his grave.

In short, Apple designed with a sandbox and closed garden for obvious reasons: DED showing one example [however the hyperbolic rhetoric] of Google's bad design choices is one of countless discussions Apple had drawing on their concerns for balancing security and a better user experience.
  • Reply 172 of 228
    solipsismx wrote: »
    [SIZE=14px]

I think DED is an excellent researcher, clever and funny writer but I do feel he's not nearly as objective as I'd like him to be. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14px]<span style="line-height:1.4em;">The day DED achieves some semblance of 'objectivity,' is when I'll stop reading. (It's one of my quibbles, for instance, with PED at Apple 2.0).</span>
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14px]<span style="line-height:1.4em;">What attempts to pass off as 'objective', esp. in tech journalism, is such pap.</span>
    [/SIZE]

Well put. No one is objective, least of all those claiming or aspiring to be. And those who pretend to be are the biggest douchebags of them all.
  • Reply 173 of 228
    You didn't understand a word I wrote, or I somehow was incapable of convey my intent.

Intent was to show that if Apple had created the Google Play non/play Model for iOS that Google has for Android, Steve Jobs would have been riding a crap storm from day one of the original iPhone to his grave.

In short, Apple designed with a sandbox and closed garden for obvious reasons: DED showing one example [however the hyperbolic rhetoric] of Google's bad design choices is one of countless discussions Apple had drawing on their concerns for balancing security and a better user experience.

I did read your comment wrong.

Well put. No one is objective, least of all those claiming or aspiring to be. And those who pretend to be are the biggest douchebags of them all.

It's impossible to be impartial when you're part of something but a journalist should attempt to work toward that goal. Do you honestly think the scientific method is only used by douchebag scientists if they strive not to include their personal feelings and opinions in their methodology? I think that's ridiculous.
  • Reply 174 of 228
    larry9 wrote: »
    Journalism suffers another body blow. Heaven help us.

It looked like more of a left hook from where I was seated....

• Reply 175 of 228
    richl wrote: »

The facts in this piece are:
    1. Two wings of Al-Qaeda have written encryption apps for Android

The rest of the article is conjecture, especially the claim that Android provides some kind of doomsday botnet to terrorists. Why the hell would anyone run a botnet off devices with limited connectivity when Windows XP is still so prevalent? 

It's Ann Coulter-level scaremongering.

Actually the fact is that a CIA operative working under cover as an Al-Qaeda loonie tune wrote the encryption app with a backdoor. If all the CIA operatives were to leave Al-Qaeda all that would be left would be the suicide bombers trying to earn their 72 virgins; unaware that the Quran only specified "virgins" and not that they'd be females.... or young... or thin and good looking.
  • Reply 176 of 228
    Actually the fact is that a CIA operative working under cover as an Al-Qaeda loonie tune wrote the encryption app with a backdoor.

Is that a fact? I've never heard of it; do you have a link?
    ...72 virgins; unaware that the Quran only specified "virgins" and not that they'd be females.... or young... or thin and good looking.

Makes me think of the old adage "be careful what you wish for."
  • Reply 177 of 228
    "Openness" means the ability to customize and produce app for both better and worse. Given the fallibility of human nature, always expect the 'worse' to raise its ugly head.
  • Reply 178 of 228
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    drew0020 wrote: »
    Daniel has never had much credibility. This article once again more than proves that. Terrible article by a terrible writer.
    Nor do you ...

http://forums.appleinsider.com/forums/posts/by_user/id/31666/page/
  • Reply 179 of 228
    blasevblasev Posts: 5member
    I dont think the article is that bad, but I love the comments made. LMAO, thx for making my day
  • Reply 180 of 228
    atlappleatlapple Posts: 496member

Well I'm not sure this is good news seeing they are winning the war on terror and we are getting our asses kicked.