Al-Qaeda prefers Android over Apple's iOS

Comments

• Reply 121 of 228
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    Everyone know Androiders are terrorists. /s

I heard Sammy is trying to capitalize on this with the Galaxy S Jihad.
  • Reply 122 of 228
    Everone prefers Android over iOS.
  • Reply 123 of 228
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    darklite wrote: »
    Leaping from 'Al-Qaeda write apps for the only platform they can write apps for' to 'by writing apps Al-Qaeda discover security vulnerabilities on their chosen platform and get free access to a huge botnet of cheap smartphones' is the sort of thing you'd expect from someone in a padded cell wearing a tinfoil hat.

Except that your forgetting that they can set up a business account and install whatever apps they want. There's probably millions of iOS devices running apps that didn't go through the approval process.
  • Reply 124 of 228
    Daniel, do you have a cold, and facing an article deadline?

This doesn't come close to what I have come to expect from you.
  • Reply 125 of 228
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

When/if he simply posts rumors or makes stuff up, I'll join you in calling him on it. 

He does make stuff up, all the time.

The suggestion that al-Qaeda might be running an Android smartphone botnet was not only a conjecture but a ridiculous one.

• Reply 126 of 228
    darklitedarklite Posts: 229member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Except that your forgetting that they can set up a business account and install whatever apps they want. There's probably millions of iOS devices running apps that didn't go through the approval process.

Last I checked, the iOS developer program requires various bits of proof that you're a company. Why would they bother doing that when Android development is easier for them (and the devices are cheaper, too)?

• Reply 127 of 228
    darklite wrote: »
    Last I checked, the iOS developer program requires various bits of proof that you're a company. Why would they bother doing that when Android development is easier for them (and the devices are cheaper, too)?

How many corporations are there that secretly funnel money to AL Qaeda? Quite a few I imagine. Isn't also much easier to code for iOS because of the lesser amount of devices?
  • Reply 128 of 228
    mpantonempantone Posts: 2,040member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

And if you hang around long enough at the Soho store you might see some. image

Apple Store or Victoria's Secret?

;)

• Reply 129 of 228
    mpantone wrote: »
    Apple Store or Victoria's Secret?

;)

Either or, but you're gonna start looking pervy after a few hours in a Victoria's Secret store. Much easier to chat up Adriana Lima about iPads than panties. :lol:
  • Reply 130 of 228
    stevenozstevenoz Posts: 314member

I heard Hitler used Android too!

• Reply 131 of 228
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

Come on, people. This hating on DED meme is getting both humorous and tiresome. Even if he does sometimes write things fanboys love, is that the worst thing on an Applecentric forum? I've see less vitriolic (and numerous) responses aimed at Android trolls who post here. With all the biased stuff in the press about Apple, can't we allow ourselves a little talkback?

Note also that he is reporting on the research posted by others. If you have an issue with its veracity, why not take it up with them. Is it better that we ignore such reports and be ignorant of them?

When/if he simply posts rumors or makes stuff up, I'll join you in calling him on it. Until then, let me enjoy some self-serving good news in my "Sunday paper."

What's really funny are people who didn't read the article past the headline because they assumed DED was making up another anti-Android polemic. Except he's not making it up. This time there really is a wolf when DED cried "wolf!"

• Reply 132 of 228
    inklinginkling Posts: 772member
    I can think of a hilarious Al-Qaeda video endorsing Android roughly similar to this one:

The catch phase might be, "So safe, so secure, it's endorsed by 9 out of 10 of the world's top terrorist organizations."
  • Reply 133 of 228
    What's really funny are people who didn't read the article past the headline because they assumed DED was making up another anti-Android polemic. Except he's not making it up. This time there really is a wolf when DED cried "wolf!"

I'm kinda skeptical of any article that lumps together Android, and "latest technological advancements" :lol:
  • Reply 133 of 228
    jpellinojpellino Posts: 700member
    Well, duh - just watch "24" - the good guys used Macs, the bad guys used everything else.
  • Reply 135 of 228
    tjwaltjwal Posts: 404member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

<snip>

"It also makes perfect sense that Al-Qaeda terrorists prefer Android!

Apple is for creative people, and terrorists are not exactly the creative type. And no, figuring out new ways of killing people or blowing yourself up does not qualify as being creative.".... and the Kardashians and other low life scum.

• Reply 136 of 228

You know, for all the haters calling this article "asinine" and/or dismissing DED as a writer, no one has attacked the source or facts presented in the article as inaccurate, slanted, or fiction. Not even even the smokescreen of FUD, which is frequently used to dilute anything they don't want to believe to be true. Wow. DED's got 'em right where he wants: cornered and writhing. :D

• Reply 137 of 228
    Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenoz View Post

I heard Hitler used Android too!

The difference here is that DED can back up what he says. Can you?

Didn't think so.

• Reply 138 of 228
    gwydiongwydion Posts: 1,083member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

The difference here is that DED can back up what he says. Can you?

Didn't think so.

Apart of Al Qaeda using encryption apps (the thing other site are reporting), what can DED back from this article?

• Reply 139 of 228

This article veers from preference to just idiocy. I expect this stuff on Fox News with redneck right-wing morons who believe Obama is a Muslim operative and Busy/Cheney were right to do what they did because wait for it...Al-Qaeda.

• Reply 140 of 228
    gwydion wrote: »
    Apart of Al Qaeda using encryption apps (the thing other site are reporting), what can DED back from this article?

And they could be making apps with a business account that we'll never know about because those wouldn't be in the app store. Absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence.