Apple unlikely to sell sapphire iPhones this year, is setting the stage for future models - JP Morga

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    relic wrote: »
    I said I was the asshole not you.

I get that, hence my comment.
  • Reply 42 of 45

Apple may or may not use sapphire for the iPhone 6,  that is still to be discovered.  But I do not think Apple would spend about 3/4 of a BILLION dollars making a plant that can produce sapphire in HUGE bulk with out seeing it being used in a lot of places.   

I understand they have upped the number of furnaces that they are running to 1700 furnaces.  :The building is huge, the solar cell farm and alt energy system is big and expensive.  So I would guess that they totally know what they are doing.  Its just the anal...yst that are totally out of the picture.

Just a thought.  

• Reply 43 of 45
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    eldernorm wrote: »
    Apple may or may not use sapphire for the iPhone 6,  that is still to be discovered.  But I do not think Apple would spend about 3/4 of a BILLION dollars making a plant that can produce sapphire in HUGE bulk with out seeing it being used in a lot of places.   

I understand they have upped the number of furnaces that they are running to 1700 furnaces.  :The building is huge, the solar cell farm and alt energy system is big and expensive.  So I would guess that they totally know what they are doing.  Its just the anal...yst that are totally out of the picture.

Just a thought.  

It's par for the course for there to be rumours of Apple not being able to make this or that component for a rumoured date of a rumoured product. Usually these tend to end up being false.
  • Reply 44 of 45
    eric38eric38 Posts: 100member
    Sure, fast track a sapphire factory with 2500-3000 furnaces to produce sapphire in August'14 to be used in an iPhone a year later. I believe the chance of no sapphire screen on iPhone is less than 1%.