Apple announces Sept. 9 event for expected 'iPhone 6' & 'iWatch' unveiling: 'Wish we could say more'

Comments

• Reply 181 of 317
    brlawyerbrlawyer Posts: 828member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

Me too.  If we don't get 2 iPhone sizes, Mac mini, Retina iMac, iWatch, and a revamped Apple TV- then they are clearly doomed.

Seriously though- I want an Apple TV refresh more than anything else...

The fabled headless xMac is finally coming (sarcasm optional).

• Reply 182 of 317
    Same thing, thinner and faster. /s
  • Reply 183 of 317
    Last call for unbelievable iPhone 6 rumors.
  • Reply 184 of 317
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Runs Android.

• Reply 185 of 317
    technotechno Posts: 737member
    This is how it is supposed to be. The anticipation, the mystery, the rumors all swirling around driving fan boys nuts. I just hope they dazzle us with the unexpected.
  • Reply 186 of 317
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Runs Android.

Comes with a floppy drive microSD card slot.

• Reply 187 of 317
    thepixeldocthepixeldoc Posts: 2,257member
    On September 9th, there will be a thunderclap heard 'round the world, heaven will open and iPhone 6 models will descend on the cusp of a cloud guided by angels. Jony Ive will smile and earnestly speak to us from an all-white room. World leaders will break out in song. Dolphins will demonstrate their psychic powers and order lattes.

Well that's what a number of tech executives and lead engineers will say happened after they pick themselves up off of the floor... again!

I've got that funny feeling we're going to witness Apple making history again like with the iPhone announcement. Can't wait to hear of all of the muttered epitaphs of "guess we'll have to start over", hurried crisis control meetings, and... feared laughter in the face of impending doom.

Although... one guy will be laughing harder than all the rest once again, our "limb-waving monkey boy" friend of all simians with or without limbs, Steve Ballmer. This time because he got out early. Knowing when to hold'em (your Ball-mers), or when to fold 'em (your chairs)... I wouldn't be surprised to see him tweet, "C YA Suckers... have fun! Apple Rulez!"

• Reply 188 of 317
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator

It will only come in one size: 12" and it will replace the iPad and will herald a new product category, the laptabulous phabfone.
  • Reply 189 of 317
    malaxmalax Posts: 1,598member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by allenbf View Post

This may have been said already, but it's interesting that the position of the light source (on the invitation) would be 10 on a clock, and coincides with the shadow of the leaf.  Not saying it means anything, just attention to detail if nothing else.

Looks more like 9:30 to me.  I'm calling BS on the whole sundial theory.

• Reply 190 of 317
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

...the laptabulous phabfone.

Hang on, I’ll mock up a product page for that. 

• Reply 191 of 317
    Marvin wrote: »

It will only come in one size: 12" and it will replace the iPad and will herald a new product category, the laptabulous phabfone.

Are you trolling?
  • Reply 192 of 317
    I don't believe there will be a 5.5" iPhone in 2014. That's my prediction and I'm not backing down.
  • Reply 193 of 317
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Hang on, I’ll mock up a product page for that. 

LMAO!

• Reply 194 of 317
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by YvesVilleneuve View Post

I don't believe there will be a 5.5" iPhone in 2014. That's my prediction and I'm not backing down.

I'm skeptical there will be a monster phone this soon also, but 4.7" definitely.

• Reply 195 of 317
    Are you trolling?

He's LOLLING!
  • Reply 196 of 317
    Gotta love it. With just a few simple words Apple is generating a huge amount of hype.

Amazing isn't it?! No matter what any other company announces, there is no more anticipated tech event every year. And THIS one is going to be huge and untoppable for a long time.

Expect the Internet to experience hiccups, an immediate seismic shift in product announcements from "the other guys" in the days ahead, and long... very long Apple Fanboy lines stretching for blocks in a couple of weeks time. Wonder if they'll have the guts to make fun of that this time.

* Doing my best to keep in the running for Fanboy of the Month, but gotta say, Apple][ pimpin' his sister is pretty hard core... I wonder if she knows that?!
  • Reply 197 of 317
    brlawyer wrote: »
    The fabled headless xMac is finally coming (sarcasm optional).

Booooo.... Hissssssssss! LOL!
  • Reply 198 of 317
    Yeah ... Wasn't she something ... I still remember that picture of her sitting on the edge of that chair at the [kitchen?] table ... vividly!
    Good your memory serves you just fine and I don't have to share the link to all of that 'vividness'! There were quite a few good shots from that shooting, which actually is in a diner; the one you mentioned in all of it's come hither if you dare and confident stare down, but also the eventual CF. Sorry, I'm a bit detail oriented on those matters. Has a lot to do with my previous creative endeavors, and an almost complete collection from '67 - '89 when I sold them to a buddy after deciding to stay in Germany, for only $300(!!!) ;)

So back to tech-sexiness.... (Sigh).
  • Reply 199 of 317
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

the laptabulous phabfone.

• Reply 200 of 317
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorin Schultz View Post

Regarding hidden meanings in the invite: obviously this speculation happens every year, but I don't recall ever seeing any assessment AFTER the event. Has anyone ever gone back and compared the predictions drawn from the invitation design to what was actually announced to see if any of them were right? Has anyone ever actually uncovered a real clue in any invitation to date?

Then again, I guess there's no way to isolate predictions based solely on the invitation design, since they are polluted by leaks and rumours.

The invite for the iPhone 4S event that unveiled Siri for the first time was "Let's Talk iPhone"

Not hard to infer that there was intent in that tagline.