Apple employees 'have set low expectations' for 'iWatch' battery life - report

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 78
    cnocbui wrote: »
    Who likes the prices of the iPhone 6 leaked by China Telecom?

4.7" = $861
    5.5" = $1,024

China-only pricing assumedly. And their burgeoning wealthy population will pay almost any price for Apple.
  • Reply 62 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TBell View Post

Perhaps, like with the complete surprising Mac Pro, it will be built in the US. Secrets leak out of the US far less than China.

True. There was never a leak of the Mac Pro or any of its parts, not even any word-of-mouth leaks regarding its design, specs, and features beyond the name.

We know next to nothing about the iWatch, and I love that. I want to be surprised. 

• Reply 63 of 78
    tbell wrote: »
    Perhaps, like with the complete surprising Mac Pro, it will be built in the US. Secrets leak out of the US far less than China.

True. There was never a leak of the Mac Pro or any of its parts, not even any word-of-mouth leaks regarding its design, specs, and features beyond the name.

We know next to nothing about the iWatch, and I love that. I want to be surprised. 

As previously noted there was 192 days between the announcement and demo of the Mac Pro and the official release, which still wasn't able to ramp up volume for many months and whose volume is very low for a Mac within the Mac product category which is low for an Apple product. Being built in the US is not the sole reason you didn't see leaks prior to WWDC.
  • Reply 64 of 78
    Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

FUD that will be definitively proven or disproven within a week with no lasting damage to anything meaningful is hardly FUD at all.

No lasting damage? Artificial lowering of the stock price and the continued employment of a person known to be a willful liar isn’t lasting damage?

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

China-only pricing assumedly. And their burgeoning wealthy population will pay almost any price for Apple.

But… but but but but Apple has FAILED in China! Remember when they failed in Japan? Same thing!

• Reply 65 of 78
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    No lasting damage? Artificial lowering of the stock price and the continued employment of a person known to be a willful liar isn’t lasting damage?
    So-called "artificial lowering of the stock price" for a week certainly isn't lasting damage.

And "known to be a willful liar" is plain false. You don't know anything of the sort. You just disagree.
  • Reply 66 of 78

But… but but but but Apple has FAILED in China! Remember when they failed in Japan? Same thing!

I love those failures the most. The ones that are unreported massive successes...Those maintain the appearance that Apple is still an underdog. That's when they are their most creative and feisty.
  • Reply 67 of 78
    Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

And "known to be a willful liar" is plain false.

This is placed after the fact when she is proven wrong.

• Reply 68 of 78
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

This is placed after the fact when she is proven wrong.

Being proven wrong doesn't prove willfulness.

And "after the fact" predictions doesn't justify a categorical accusation of FUD now.

• Reply 69 of 78
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,066member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Just some old argument on this forum where some were claiming you can't use the number 10 or higher when it's after a period, even if that period is not a decimal point.

Oh. OK. Thanks.

My long sleeve shirt prediction still holds. Unconfirmed rumors from Tim's clothing supply chain. Although....Tim hasn't been the guy to trot new stuff out at these. He's deferred to other executives. Wonder who will "roll up their sleeve." 

• Reply 70 of 78
    eightzero wrote: »
    Oh. OK. Thanks.

My long sleeve shirt prediction still holds. Unconfirmed rumors from Tim's clothing supply chain. Although....Tim hasn't been the guy to trot new stuff out at these. He's deferred to other executives. Wonder who will "roll up their sleeve." 

But will the shirts all still be untucked?
  • Reply 71 of 78
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

But will the shirts all still be untucked?

Look for Jony Ive to have cufflinks with diamond cut aluminium champhored edges.

• Reply 72 of 78

Does it particularly matter that the battery doesn't last more than a day? It only needs to last as long as the phone it's connected to, since these things are pretty useless when separated from the phone. Most people don't get much more than a day out of an iPhone (or any other high-end smartphone). The watch is just another thing to charge every night.

• Reply 73 of 78
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Euphonious View Post

Does it particularly matter that the battery doesn't last more than a day? It only needs to last as long as the phone it's connected to, since these things are pretty useless when separated from the phone. Most people don't get much more than a day out of an iPhone (or any other high-end smartphone). The watch is just another thing to charge every night.

There are actually other ways to power a watch. I had one you had to periodically wind. Never needed batteries.

Maybe Jessica is more right that we realize. The battery doesn't have huge life...but it has some intern means of recharge? Solar? Winding? Kinetic movement?

• Reply 74 of 78
    b9botb9bot Posts: 238member
    That's interesting because there are probably only a handful of employees that know if such a device even exists let alone what kind of battery life it might have. This story if FUD!
    Let's all wait for Tuesday and see what they announce instead of writing a bunch of FUD and fiction about something nobody knows about.
  • Reply 75 of 78
    I predict that Tim Cook will walk out on stage to start the event on 9.9.14 wearing a long sleeve shirt. With his wrists covered.

And a balaclava, so he doesn't give away his iNoseRing.
  • Reply 76 of 78
    solipsismx wrote: »
    I don't get it. What?

Just some old argument on this forum where some were claiming you can't use the number 10 or higher when it's after a period, even if that period is not a decimal point.

What's so idiotic about this argument is that I know damn well most of these yobbos were running OS X 10.4.11 for some time. But there can't possibly be an OS X 10.10!

Just think of 10.10 as 11 and everything will be fine. ????
  • Reply 77 of 78
    wow, Neil, like we believe the garbage your peddling. I hope Samsung is paying you well.