Apple announces 4.7" iPhone 6 and 5.5" iPhone 6 Plus: New design, A8 CPU, Retina HD display

Comments

• Reply 141 of 343
    Quote:

Originally Posted by brlawyer View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

Well, this IS Apple Watch 1.0 alpha

The next iteration will be the beta version.

Looks terrible - probably the worst Apple keynote in more than 20 years.

From the standpoint of being able to tap into the excitement of the room... I TOTALLY agree! On the other hand, Apple DID make history by almost bringing the internet to its knees.

• Reply 142 of 343
    Quote:

Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

So the A8 is 25% faster. However it's also more efficient than the A7.

Until we know the clock rate it is hard to be impressed with the 25% figure.

Huh! However they did it, faster is faster!!

• Reply 143 of 343
    mpgnmpgn Posts: 10member

i thought apple didnt care about specs

• Reply 144 of 343
    What a clusterfuck of a keynote.

I didn't need a health app on my Apple Watch to remind me to stand up; I was doing it every fucking minute refreshing the Safari tab as the Chinese VoiceOver and freezing drove me crazy.

Now it's the 'delights' of U2. FML. ????
  • Reply 145 of 343

Some blog could get a lot of views by making a printable cutout of to-scale sizes of the new phones.  ;)

• Reply 146 of 343

I guess they have the inside A/V under control... can't dare mess up U2

• Reply 147 of 343

did I just miss the part where they talked about ios8?

• Reply 148 of 343
    No mention of no contract price. No mention of when it will be available elsewhere... And despite a 50% more efficient A8 processor vs A7, the battery performance is not much greater. Are the new screens so power hungry? Or is the current still drawn somewhere else?
    And yes, the live feed has been and still is horrible. It did not start on time, low res, chinese voice over, apple.com refused connection a bunch of times, and it still holds.
    The U2 new songs are not available on the iTunes Germany at the time of launch as per video live feed.
    I am sort of not impressed.
    The Apple Watch is really interesting instead - but no mention of battery lifetime - a KEY parameter.
    What is the white building for, we still don't know....
  • Reply 149 of 343

Holy shit! Free music!!

• Reply 150 of 343
    A free U2 album? How low are you going to sink, Apple? Just give us a £10 iTunes voucher.

This all feels like a big mistake.
  • Reply 151 of 343

Holy shit! Free music!!

Shows up in “iTunes in the Cloud Purchases” already, but not in the Store proper.

Since it’s automatically tied to my account now, I wonder if after October they’ll… remove it.

• Reply 152 of 343

The new Apple Watch runs on unobtainium... no problem with battery life

• Reply 153 of 343
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

I didn't need a health app on my Apple Watch to remind me to stand up; I was doing it every fucking minute refreshing the Safari tab as the Chinese VoiceOver and freezing drove me crazy.

Underwhelming phones, butt-**** ugly iWatch, the worst possible stream.

What is not to like? Cook should resign today.

• Reply 154 of 343
    Originally Posted by brlawyer View Post

Attention new troll accounts: We have you covered. Please don’t bother posting. Cyanide cookies are available in the mezzanine. That is all.

• Reply 155 of 343
    brlawyer wrote: »

Sad to say, I hate the watch. It's a huge, ugly black eyesore on Cook's wrist.

Well done, SpamSandwich—you win the bet! Keynote over at 121 minutes. Have a beer!
  • Reply 156 of 343
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Holy shit! Free music!!

Shows up in “iTunes in the Cloud Purchases” already, but not in the Store proper.

Since it’s automatically tied to my account now, I wonder if after October they’ll… remove it.

No, but after the 13th, if you haven't downloaded it, it will be no longer free.

• Reply 157 of 343

No, but after the 13th, if you haven't downloaded it, it will be no longer free.

Really? Because, as I said, it was already added to my list of purchases. I don’t think a download is required; just the existence of an iTunes account before that date.

• Reply 158 of 343
    mpgnmpgn Posts: 10member

Apple copying android feature for feature. I thought 4 inch was the perfect size? What happened fanboys? why 4.7 and 5.5 in? So revolutionary. I remember TS and his cheerleaders made fun of Galaxy note for being so big. Now apple copying Samsung? Whats that? 1080p screen? welcome to 2012 apple. I thought 326 ppi was the magic number, anything over that your eyes cant tell apart? All of a sudden 326 ppi is not enough? you need 401 ppi? LOL. And the back of the iphone is a straight copy off HTC One with the white lines and all. Its obvious who is copying who. You fanboys need to admit that Apple had zero innovations after Steve Jobs passed away. They are just copying android every year. 

Now apple has NFC. I remember apple fanboys were making fun of NFC and apple would never use NFC. lol. what happened? And if someone can say that iwatch looks better than moto360 with a straight face he needs to see a psychiatrist for delusional disorder.

• Reply 159 of 343
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    Quote:

tallest skil

2013/09/09 01:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Connie

I must confess that I also hope that Apple will hint that really big screen (5 and 6 inches) iPhones, will be on it's way for next year.

Apple makes products that aren't worthless pieces of trash, sorry.

You were saying...

• Reply 160 of 343

Apple’s website is updated with a new look.

That’ll shut up the people who were too good for Illuminous. :p