Apple announces 4.7" iPhone 6 and 5.5" iPhone 6 Plus: New design, A8 CPU, Retina HD display

Comments

• Reply 81 of 343

Nothing historic... yet.

• Reply 82 of 343
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Negafox View Post

The display resolution of both phone models would be the first turn-off for people debating whether to switch back.

Not really.

But then I hardly ever use a microscope to look at my phone's screen, YMMV...

• Reply 83 of 343

CHINESE. ERROR. CHINESE. ERROR. ERROR. FREEZE (HARD RESTART). ERROR. EROR. FREEZE (HARD RESTART).

THE WORST.

• Reply 84 of 343
    herbapou wrote: »

i think they need to cut off the web stream to stabilize the Apple Tv stream. Well the stream is completely off now.
    Like this?
  • Reply 85 of 343
    Well the news is now history, in that sense you could say it's historic.
    Nothing historic... yet.
  • Reply 86 of 343
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

So what does a live stream have to do with a product????

Nothing, apart from the fact that a live stream is not needed when what you are releasing is totally underwhelming.

Mr Cook, it is time to GO...even Woz would do better at this point.

• Reply 87 of 343
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Hahaha 6 sillicon case colors lol...for protrude camera and the back antenna bands lol
    And who the fk taking care of Appke streaming today should be fired
  • Reply 88 of 343

Tim Cook has some 'splainin' to do. Did he choose a Gateway 2000 for his event server? 

• Reply 89 of 343

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jfc1138 View Post

Not really.

But then I hardly ever use a microscope to look at my phone's screen, YMMV...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by herbapou View Post

The DPI on the 5.5" is high enough imo. Granted Android devices are still doing the DPI race but at some point unless you looking at the screen with a microscope whats the point?

The psychological turn-off to the 4.7" for some customers would be that it is less than full HD -- reasonable or not.

• Reply 90 of 343

They won't stream shit until.... "and that folks was, one more thing!"

• Reply 91 of 343
    So the 5.5 inch has real image stabilization, while the 4.7 does not? That's disappointing.
  • Reply 92 of 343
    Stream crashing Safari and "Access Denied" :no:
  • Reply 93 of 343
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dacloo View Post

Well the news is now history, in that sense you could say it's historic.

"Historic" is different from "historical", mind you.

• Reply 94 of 343
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Sep 12 preorder yeah!
  • Reply 95 of 343
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

You mentioned the live stream as a failure of Cook.

But you said only products matter.

If you beleive your own BS you would not care about the live stream only the product.

The terrible live stream is just the icing on the cake.

• Reply 96 of 343
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member

Streaming is a no-go here in the Midwest (St.Louis). Both AppleTV and Apple’s website are locked up tight. You get a few frames and then choke. I guess the servers have given up all hope. While disappointing it means everybody and their cousin are watching.

• Reply 97 of 343

What we're seeing on our screens right now is "slo mo video."

• Reply 98 of 343
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kevliu1980 View Post

OIS is awesome, I would have liked to see a slight bump to like 12MP or something to get daylight photos sharper, but still great stuff.

But WHY only have OIS in the 6+. Obviously there's more space to play with, but it sucks that one new iPhone flagship will have a noticeably better camera than another model.

Not even remotely close to the first time there's feature differentiation in a product line. Having the only difference be screen size would be a wasted opportunity. I noticed they went a tad thicker to get better power life from the larger device as well: another differentiator.

Image quality is more than the literal number of pixels. Somebody will no doubt do side by sides of what the cameras can actually produce and that will be the proof in the tasting. For instance: low light yields crappy images given the longer exposure times lead to inevitable recording of camera movement (and that will happen even with OIS, I've just got back from NYC with smears of night shoots from the High Line of the Empire State Building with no tripod taken with my Nikon D800... IS can only go so far if the camera has too much time to be moved) so a faster sensor can yield sharper final images than a slower sensor that just has more image points to get smeared....

• Reply 99 of 343
    This is the best announcement ever! Apple does pretty much everything right with the iPhone and as a bonus I get to watch the delusional fans lose their minds as Apple follows the Android OEMs in all sorts of ways that have been “terrible decisions” in the past. Large screens? Noooooo! Standard resolution of 1080p? Noooooo! More than 326 PPI? Noooooo!
  • Reply 100 of 343
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ThePixelDoc View Post

You have no idea what mega pixels are or do, nor which ones are better. Believe me. You're uninformed.

Oh don't be an ass- whether it's more accurate to say more detailed or whatever, I think it wasn't hard to understand what I meant. For example - using a photo taken on my iPhone to use as my desktop wallpaper (27") - it doesn't look great, even taken in daylight.

Sure it's fine for a phone wallpaper or sharing on social sites, but it'd be nice to be able to use them everywhere else.