Everything you need to know about preordering your new iPhone 6 & selecting a model

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 91
    Quote:

Originally Posted by alcstarheel View Post

I have AT&T. I have not been informed that my unlimited data contract will change so I'm not expecting anything different. I actually (for some reason) use a lot of data a month. More than I ever thought I was using. I'm probably averaging about six gigs a month.

I have AT&T and was also grandfathered in.  According to the sales rep, the unlimited data does not change unless you change your overall plan - i.e. switch from a regular plan to Mobile Share, or Next, etc.

• Reply 82 of 91
    sranger wrote: »

Two images to prove I can easily reach the entire screen with one hand operation.

Please post you proof otherwise....

Just look how awkwardly you're holding it! It looks like it could slip out of your hand in a flash.
  • Reply 83 of 91

And yet that is how I always hold it....  And it does not fall...

By the way I have had larger phones from Samsung in the past they work just fine for me...

AND I CAN SEE THE TEXT which is a huge benefit...

• Reply 84 of 91
    And yet that is how I always hold it....  And it does not fall...

By the way I have had larger phones from Samsung in the past they work just fine for me...

AND I CAN SEE THE TEXT which is a huge benefit...

That's fair enough. If you're an old geezer with poor vision, then this should be great for you. I dare say I may even appreciate it myself.
  • Reply 85 of 91
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

That's fair enough. If you're an old geezer with poor vision, then this should be great for you. I dare say I may even appreciate it myself.

I am a 50 year old engineer who ruined his eyes staring at blueprints and computer screen all of his life...

I can see the little screen in the 5s if I take my progressive glasses off or bifocal contacts out.  If I have the contacts in I have to put on a 2x reader to read some of the little text...

I do find the 5.5" a little bit too big, and the iPhone 6 would probably be ok, but just desperately want that bigger screen.  This one device should be able to replace both my iPhone 5s and my iPad Mini I currently carry around.  Carrying one less devise is a big part of my decision...

If I had a smaller hands (or pockets) I would get the iPhone 6....

• Reply 86 of 91

I am a 50 year old engineer who ruined his eyes staring at blueprints and computer screen all of his life...

I can see the little screen in the 5s if I take my progressive glasses off or bifocal contacts out.  If I have the contacts in I have to put on a 2x reader to read some of the little text...

I do find the 5.5" a little bit too big, and the iPhone 6 would probably be ok, but just desperately want that bigger screen.  This one device should be able to replace both my iPhone 5s and my iPad Mini I currently carry around.  Carrying one less devise is a big part of my decision...

If I had a smaller hands (or pockets) I would get the iPhone 6....

Cool.

Old begins at 50 in my books, so I guess you've just embarked on the twilight of your life.

You should try a 10" iPad; things are much easier to read there! I hope Apple bring out an even bigger one this autumn. I’ll be annoyed if they do it next year instead.
  • Reply 87 of 91
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Cool.

Old begins at 50 in my books, so I guess you've just embarked on the twilight of your life.

You should try a 10" iPad; things are much easier to read there! I hope Apple bring out an even bigger one this autumn. I’ll be annoyed if they do it next year instead.

I gave my 10" iPad to the wife as it was too big to carry around with me for few times I needed it because I could not see the little iPhone 5s screen so the mini kind of filled the gap.  I think that the iPhone 6+ will cover all mobile needs.  I use blue tooth in the car and the speaker when at my desk or a bluetooth ear piece.

I suppose the Plus could be a mistake, but I doubt it...  I made a full size mockup (with extra space for the leather cover) and put in 30 quarters in the center to get the weight about right.  It fits fine in all of my pants and shorts (Once you hit 50, believe it or not, tight jeans lose their appeal)   I even did a 2 mile run with the mock iPhone Plus in my pocket and all went well.  It was not much more annoying that my 5s tends to be...

If the wife tells me I am allowed to chase wild women again I might reconsider the tight jeans, but to be honest, at 50, if she is not impressed with your money, you are probably out of luck....

• Reply 88 of 91
    Cool.

I gave my 10" iPad to the wife as it was too big to carry around with me for few times I needed it because I could not see the little iPhone 5s screen so the mini kind of filled the gap.  I think that the iPhone 6+ will cover all mobile needs.  I use blue tooth in the car and the speaker when at my desk or a bluetooth ear piece.

I suppose the Plus could be a mistake, but I doubt it...  I made a full size mockup (with extra space for the leather cover) and put in 30 quarters in the center to get the weight about right.  It fits fine in all of my pants and shorts (Once you hit 50, believe it or not, tight jeans lose their appeal)   I even did a 2 mile run with the mock iPhone Plus in my pocket and all went well.  It was not much more annoying that my 5s tends to be...

If the wife tells me I am allowed to chase wild women again I might reconsider the tight jeans, but to be honest, at 50, if she is not impressed with your money, you are probably out of luck....

That sounds promising about the Plus. Pocketability is my concern.

I was hoping to tweak your nose out of joint with my twilight goading, but, alas, you seem to be too wise to have risen to it. I must try harder.
  • Reply 89 of 91
    I have been able to pre order the 6 plus, it ships on 19th, if you still looking to pre order.. check betastall.com they have few pre orders left unsold.
  • Reply 90 of 91

I have been able to pre order the 6 plus, it ships on 19th, if you still looking to pre order the unlocked version, check http://betastall.com they have few pre orders left for the unlocked versions.

• Reply 91 of 91
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,759member
    On that note, geez, we need a remote with a better design.

The original backlit Tivo remote - I would love it if someone made a universal version of that....