As iPhone 6 units are smuggled in 'Twinkie boxes,' Chinese government says regulatory approval comin

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 91
    jungmark wrote: »
    Perhaps Apple shouldn't sell phones w/o a contract for a period of time after release.

Oooooo, you said the c word. :lol:
  • Reply 82 of 91
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    Oooooo, you said the c word. :lol:

I thought this was the C-word…

[VIDEO]
  • Reply 83 of 91
    I'm so glad that Apple still got their 10 million weekend record without China. That's huge.
  • Reply 84 of 91
    Why Twinkies
  • Reply 85 of 91
    analogjack wrote: »
    Why Twinkies

Now that is a racist term:
  • Reply 86 of 91
    solipsismx wrote: »
    I thought this was the C-word…

[VIDEO]

That's the good c word, [@]jungmark[/@] said the one we all hate. :lol:
  • Reply 87 of 91
    heliahelia Posts: 170member

Not only limited to China, this is happening @ many other countries who won't get new iPhones for a while.

• Reply 88 of 91
    fred1fred1 Posts: 1,130member
    I'd buy the phone just to get the Twinkies! I miss them!!
  • Reply 89 of 91
    Very interesting. Didn't the media relentlessly state last year that people in China could not afford price of iphone and that the iphone was priced to high. Now they are willing to pay over $3k but before $800 was too much to ask.
  • Reply 90 of 91
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,575member
    rumormill wrote: »
    Very interesting. Didn't the media relentlessly state last year that people in China could not afford price of iphone and that the iphone was priced to high. Now they are willing to pay over $3k but before $800 was too much to ask.
    With 1.3B people, nearly 20% of the entire world's population, even if only 10 percent can rationally afford an $800 smartphone it's still a massive market.

By the way I've no idea where the AI author got his supposed average Chinese gray market prices from :???::
    "Currently, the iPhone 6 is selling for about $1,900, while the iPhone 6 Plus is said to be going for around $3,250 U.S." Other sources put the price for the 6 in the $1500 range and the 6+ at $2400, tho the premium pricing has quickly collapsed.

Article here:
    http://qz.com/271170/the-price-of-a-gray-market-iphone-6-in-china-is-plummeting/