Video demonstrates reported iPhone 6 Plus bending issues

191012141528

Comments

  • Reply 221 of 543
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

     



    Shut up and go away, since it’s apparently OKAY for TROLLS to not have their posts deleted.

     

     

     

    No one cares what a concern troll thinks.

     

     


    ROFL the biggest TROLL on the entire inter-webs trolling about trolls posts being deleted. 

     

    STFU TS, no one cares what you think... d!ick

  • Reply 222 of 543
    Some1 would have to have a rock hard ass..to bend it with that force..pretty sure u would realize ur sitting on it b4 it bends
  • Reply 223 of 543
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    atlapple wrote: »

    Sure we do. Steve Jobs would have never allowed a 5.5 inch iPhone to come to market. He was against anything over 3.5 inch iPhone screen. This is well documented. 

    http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/16/jobs-no-ones-going-to-buy-a-big-phone/
    Steve said a lot of things and then ended up reversing himself. He said nobody wants to watch video on an iPod and yet the next year we get an iPod that plays video. Just because Steve was against something doesn't mean he was right. Obviously there's a large market for phones with screens larger than 3.5 inches. No way in hell Apple would have sold 10M iPhones this past weekend if they were still rocking a 3.5" display.
  • Reply 224 of 543
    The level of stupidity has exponentially risen as the newer models are introduced.

    First world problems.
  • Reply 225 of 543
    atlapple wrote: »

    Sure we do. Steve Jobs would have never allowed a 5.5 inch iPhone to come to market. He was against anything over 3.5 inch iPhone screen. This is well documented. 

    http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/16/jobs-no-ones-going-to-buy-a-big-phone/

    And if you look at the 5" phones in 2010, no one did buy them because they were bricks. But taking things out of context is easier, I guess.
  • Reply 226 of 543
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,518member
    arvi wrote: »
    Disappointing no doubt and quite remarkable that field testing did not reveal this flaw. Granted, it is thin aluminum, and for all intents and purposes subject to abuse such as this, and maybe even daily use for those who don't understand that the cost of the phone does not exempt it from the laws of physics. But does Apple really think they can pass this off as the nature of the thing. Why forsake structural integrity for thin aesthetics? Is this hubris or plain old engineering stupidity? They should know better. They should at least caution people of the need to use rigid cases and such in the owners' manual. I see a class action in their future, unfortunately. Lawyers are already drooling all over this. 

    Get out, they assume people are somewhat rational. Sunglasses will bend if you sit down with them in pants pockets. Is that hubris or stupidity on the part of the designers?

    The detachment from material reality in this thread is unbelievable.

    If you're not mature enough to handle an instrument like a modern iPhone, don't blame Apple.
  • Reply 227 of 543
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by AdonisSMU View Post

     

    They clearly didn't test the device out in the real world for usage. A little QA goes along way.


     

    What a complete load of crap. Apple does in depth QA testing on all their products. Does that make them perfect? No. But they are the best out there.

     

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by AtlApple View Post

     



    Sure we do. Steve Jobs would have never allowed a 5.5 inch iPhone to come to market. He was against anything over 3.5 inch iPhone screen. This is well documented. 

     

    http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/16/jobs-no-ones-going-to-buy-a-big-phone/


     

    Bull. See my explanation below.

     

    Quote:


    Originally Posted by AdonisSMU View Post

     

    Accept that he released a 4" phone. LMAO! We was against smaller tablets and then ended up creating one. Steve was famous for being being flaky with his opinions. NEXT!


     

    No, people are famous for taking something Jobs said, twisting it around and taking it out of context to make it appear he said something he really didn't just so they can turn around and use that false statement he "supposedly" made to have an excuse to bash him or make it appear Apple is "backtracking".

     

    Gee, did you ever think that maybe in 2010, with the available technology, the processors Apple was using, the responsiveness and usability they desired and their own testing meant that AT THAT TIME what Jobs said was correct for Apple and what they wanted to make? Even worse is the idiots who think that Jobs would have said the exact same thing TODAY with a different market, newer technology and changing usage patterns.

  • Reply 228 of 543
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

     

     

    What a complete load of crap. Apple does in depth QA testing on all their products. Does that make them perfect? No. But they are the best out there.

     

     

    Bull. See my explanation below.

     

    Quote:

     

    No, people are famous for taking something Jobs said, twisting it around and taking it out of context to make it appear he said something he really didn't just so they can turn around and use that false statement he "supposedly" made to have an excuse to bash him or make it appear Apple is "backtracking".

     

    Gee, did you ever think that maybe in 2010, with the available technology, the processors Apple was using, the responsiveness and usability they desired and their own testing meant that AT THAT TIME what Jobs said was correct for Apple and what they wanted to make? Even worse is the idiots who think that Jobs would have said the exact same thing TODAY with a different market, newer technology and changing usage patterns.


    Accept that steve worked on these products right up until his death. You don't think these products hatched themselves overnight. It takes years of R&D and planning and time to get them to market.

     

    Sorry but I remember when the first user reported his complaint on MR. A user shouldn't be able to bend their phone simply by putting it in their front pocket. A note wont bend almost with no matter how much pressure you apply to it. Some of it is stupidity but some of it is really just a lack of QA. 

  • Reply 229 of 543
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by AdonisSMU View Post

     

    Accept that steve worked on these products right up until his death. You don't think these products hatched themselves overnight. It takes years of R&D and planning and time to get them to market.


     

    What exactly are you trying to say? That Steve is stubborn and refused to budge or that he was flaky and bounced all over the place?

     

    Or perhaps he looks at the entire product in the context of several factors and makes a statement that's really only relevant WHEN HE SAID IT and not years later?

  • Reply 230 of 543
    froodfrood Posts: 771member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by RadarTheKat View Post



    One wonders how a plastic Samsung large screen phone would fare with the same amount of pressure at the point where it's button cutouts reside. Plastic is also quite malleable.

     

    I've used a Note 1 followed by a Note 3 for several years, always wear in front pocket, no issues at all- but the 6+ is quite a bit bigger/longer than the Note so it gets more leverage, and it is thinner.   I'd imagine most iPhone 6 plus users won't have issues either unless Jony really screwed the pooch with this one.  Seems like he really put form over function to me.  Quite a few have voiced similar wishes to mine that a thicker phone with bigger battery and no camera sticking out would have been a better phone.

     

    Looking at this I'm quite sure my phone has endured stresses along the way that might have bent a 6+

  • Reply 231 of 543
    mpantone wrote: »
    They should make the iPhone 7 Plus cylindrical: seven inches long and six inches in circumference.

    (Cue comments like: "Why would I want people to think I have two phones?")

    ;)  
    1) Would such a device be affected by changes in temperature...say extreme cold?
    2) What colors would it be available in?
    3) Will the available cases be ribbed or studded?
  • Reply 232 of 543
    wizard69 wrote: »
    The market was already drying up For phablets well before Apple entered the market. Only a small minority of the user base would see anything attractive as cell phone in these devices. Ultimately a cell phone has to be portable.
    Well stats are stats and as such I'd rather see real data. However I don't really see much room for real success with the iPhone + long term. As noted the fad has already ruined it's course, most people want to keep their phones manageable and pocketable.
    Possibly.

    False, I and many other don't use this as a cell phone anymore. So much more than just a cell phone.
  • Reply 233 of 543
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    adonissmu wrote: »
    Sorry but I remember when the first user reported his complaint on MR. A user shouldn't be able to bend their phone simply by putting it in their front pocket. A note wont bend almost with no matter how much pressure you apply to it. Some of it is stupidity but some of it is really just a lack of QA. 
    And you really believe someone bent their phone just by sticking it in their front pocket? I call BS on that. I posted a tweet from Matthew Panzarino who used his 6 Plus for 5 days at Disney World in his pocket while going on rides and his phone did not bend.
  • Reply 234 of 543
    What exactly are you trying to say? That Steve is stubborn and refused to budge or that he was flaky and bounced all over the place?

    Or perhaps he looks at the entire product in the context of several factors and makes a statement that's really only relevant WHEN HE SAID IT and not years later?
    What steve says is only relevant when he says it. It doesnt hold true forever.
  • Reply 235 of 543

    WHY THE HECK CAN'T APPLE JUST RELEASE A GREAT PHONE AND HAVE EVERYBODY EFFIN' LOVE IT — just for once!? Please!   JEEZ folks.. take care of 'yer shite and be happy you're alive and able enjoy the best technology in the world. Enough! The phone is awesome. Find a way to take care of it now that you know perhaps its not perfect?? What is anyway? Use this information and take care of it — Right? JEEEZUs!

  • Reply 236 of 543
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,518member
    The Verge has been on a downward spiral for a while. One obviously click bait editorial does not a population make. 


    This is just silly. Apple has yet to even fulfill 6+ preorders for those that ordered in the 2nd hour of availability based on the 200 page thread on macrumors, with those ordering now unavailable to even get it till November in some cases. We know Apple can only produce them at about 1:3 rate 6+:6, so that's all that's being reflected in those 'trends'. Let's see what the numbers are when supply actually catches up to demand. No doubt the 6 will be more popular, but the 6+ will be a success too. 

    And especially when the demand from China kicks in. And the Chinese aren't so stupid that they're going to be bending theirs.
  • Reply 237 of 543
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post





    Get out, they assume people are somewhat rational. Sunglasses will bend if you sit down with them in pants pockets. Is that hubris or stupidity on the part of the designers?



    The detachment from material reality in this thread is unbelievable.



    If you're not mature enough to handle an instrument like a modern iPhone, don't blame Apple.

     

    +1000000

     

    If you drop it in the toilet it's Apple's fault for not making it waterproof. If it smells like piss even after you clean it it's Apple's fault for not packing the inside with activated charcoal. And so on...

  • Reply 238 of 543
    I am not a strong person, but when I took my sledge hammer, and used a moderate amount of force on my iphone6 the screen cracked.

    Wow, how flimsy
  • Reply 239 of 543
    rogifan wrote: »
    And you really believe someone bent their phone just by sticking it in their front pocket? I call BS on that. I posted a tweet from Matthew Panzarino who used his 6 Plus for 5 days at Disney World in his pocket while going on rides and his phone did not bend.
    If youve read my earlier posts I kept my phone in my pocket also and it did not bend. Ive already stated this. However, this bend issue has been ongoing since iPhone 5.
  • Reply 240 of 543
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    frood wrote: »
    I've used a Note 1 followed by a Note 3 for several years, always wear in front pocket, no issues at all- but the 6+ is quite a bit bigger/longer than the Note so it gets more leverage, and it is thinner.   I'd imagine most iPhone 6 plus users won't have issues either unless Jony really screwed the pooch with this one.  Seems like he really put form over function to me.  Quite a few have voiced similar wishes to mine that a thicker phone with bigger battery and no camera sticking out would have been a better phone.

    Looking at this I'm quite sure my phone has endured stresses along the way that might have bent a 6+
    And yet I keep hearing about how great battery life is on the 6 Plus.
Sign In or Register to comment.