Rumor: Apple to remove Bose headphones & speakers from its stores amid patent suit, NFL spat

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 108
    19831983 Posts: 1,225member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

Just put a sock in it will you. Bose does not suck even if you think so. You might as well say the same thing the iHater trolls do when they say that only stupid people buy Apple products. Bose, Beats, Apple, Klipsch, all the premium brands didn’t get to where they are by “sucking” or just because of marketing alone. 

Sorry but Beats did.

• Reply 102 of 108
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member

I doubt if any you really know the best headphones to buy and listen to is GRADO.Expensive but worth it. Bose is pure crap now. Years ago no.

• Reply 103 of 108

It is highly doubtful if Apple comes to regret buying Beats, that this will have anything to do with. From a PR, merchandising and marketing point of view, Beats is the clear winner in this salvo initiated by Bose's deal with the NFL. If Beats pays the fine every time a well known athlete is on camera using their products, it will still be a lot less expensive than they could directly purchase the same level of exposure. It's also a way of marketing defiance and that will ring loudly with Beats customers. Image wise Bose = old and boring. Beats=young and bad boy. Which one do you think has more profit potential?

• Reply 104 of 108
    elrothelroth Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

Let the Bose hate begin.

Garbage in, garbage out.

As I predicted this $3B deal Apple will come to regret.

And why are they regretting it? Because you say so?

• Reply 105 of 108
    What's with all the Bose hate? Whether or not you are a fan of their products, Apple has owned Beats for like, a millisecond and probably knew of this patent suit when it bought Beats. I don't know why Apple just doesn't settle with Bose, a company it's had a decent partnership with. Isn't that just good business?

I get that Apple is now competing with Bose but if this patent infringement is valid, settling it quickly just makes sense. Get this situation wrapped up and look good to the public. Not like Apple can't afford to.
  • Reply 106 of 108
    dunksdunks Posts: 1,254member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

I own the Bose SoundLink mini Bluetooth speaker and it's the best $199 I've spent on a product.

Agreed. I use it as a TV sound bar, home stereo and portable boombox. The sound is phenomenal for the size and cost.

• Reply 107 of 108
    guyrguyr Posts: 50member

Confirmed - Bose now all pulled from Apple Store online ( at least in Canada/US ). I guess Beats/legal case wins...