Bose and Apple's Beats announce settlement of patent infringement lawsuit

Comments

• Reply 41 of 101
    I will not call either one premium. It is not cheap, but far from premium.
  • Reply 42 of 101
    Bring Other Sound Equipment
  • Reply 43 of 101
    "You think they were infringing? Wait until you see OUR list of patents."

"We would be happy to license them to you, of course."

"Let's just have a nice technology exchange party!"

"Okay!"

"The rumor we're not going to carry your products is probably bad enough for you"

"!!"
  • Reply 44 of 101
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,386member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

Apple probably planned this month's ago in order to get Beats to sell better.

Even when you go back an edit one of your posts that is only a few words long, you still can't manage to compose anything without making a mockery of grammar. It's "months" not "month's". 6 year olds know this. People correct you all the time, yet you couldn't care less about learning the difference. Maybe go and spend time improving your english/education, instead of spending all your time trolling here based on utter stupidity. 

• Reply 45 of 101
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

6 years olds know this.

Maybe go and spend time improve your english/education

People...  Glass houses...  You know the drill...

• Reply 46 of 101
    aaronjaaronj Posts: 1,595member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by waterrockets View Post

Nordstrom does. Many others, too.

While I agree with your general point -- since it's 100% correct -- Nordstrom isn't really a good example.  I mean, what are they supposed to sell? Who would go there if they didn't have 3rd party clutches, cocktail dresses, face cream, etc.?

• Reply 47 of 101
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post

While I agree with your general point -- since it's 100% correct -- Nordstrom isn't really a good example.  I mean, what are they supposed to sell? Who would go there if they didn't have 3rd party clutches, cocktail dresses, face cream, etc.?

Well, Banana Republic does ok on this model. Everyone has a different business model, and some stock competing products in the interest of keeping the $$ in the store.

I was in college when Gap stopped selling Levis. A lot of people thought they were crazy. They changed their business model and were successful. Apple stores have a good mix. Core products are all Apple. Accessories are multi-brand. It works great for them.

• Reply 48 of 101
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    pazuzu wrote: »
    That suck worse than their headphones.

Suck, in what way?

Certainly not in a dominating the market, money making way.
  • Reply 49 of 101
    fracfrac Posts: 480member
    sog35 wrote: »
    pazuzu wrote: »
    That suck worse than their headphones.

and Bose doesn't?

Its all relative.  I have speakers that are half the price of Bose and totally destroy them.

And I have a pair of electrostatics that bend the space time continuum so arguing say...one tv meal over another on health grounds is severely dull.
  • Reply 50 of 101
    aaronjaaronj Posts: 1,595member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by waterrockets View Post

Well, Banana Republic does ok on this model. Everyone has a different business model, and some stock competing products in the interest of keeping the $$ in the store.

I was in college when Gap stopped selling Levis. A lot of people thought they were crazy. They changed their business model and were successful. Apple stores have a good mix. Core products are all Apple. Accessories are multi-brand. It works great for them.

Good point.

• Reply 51 of 101
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    Nordstrom does. Many others, too.

What Apple product competes with Nest smoke detectors?

For profit.

They just need to decide how core a given product is to its brand. Look at all the different brands of cases you see in an Apple store. It makes sense to offer a LifeProof case in their store, because some customers are going to buy that product, regardless of local availability. Yes, they may lose a SmartCase sale that day, but at least the LifeProof margin stays in the store rather than ending up at Amazon.

My son wanted a bluetooth speaker, and we went to the Apple store. He was on the fence with several of them, but ended up going with the Beats (his money, whatever). If there was not such a good selection at the Apple store, we would have bought elsewhere.

Then when does Apple start selling Samsung phones? If Apple only sold Beats which it probably will eventually your son would buy Beats regardless.
  • Reply 52 of 101
    slurpy wrote: »
    Maybe go and spend time improve your english/education, instead of spending all your time trolling here based on utter stupidity. 

Lol love your verb tense and constant use of the work"troll" reflecting a very limited vocabulary. Isn't that called pigeon English?
  • Reply 53 of 101
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    Quote:

Exactly- now it's a $3B plus whatever this costs. Isn't there another lawsuit by one of its founders too?

good thing Beats is extremely profitable w/ a high-margin product line that does over a billion in annual revenue, huh? not bad for a newcomer.

how's your employer doing?

• Reply 54 of 101
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by John.B View Post

i'd wager that was a typo, rather than total ignorance on plurals... there seem to be a lot of people who actually don't know the difference between plural, possessives, and contractions

• Reply 55 of 101
    nolamacguy wrote: »

good thing Beats is extremely profitable w/ a high-margin product line that does over a billion in annual revenue, huh? not bad for a newcomer.

hows your employer doing?

Are you suggesting Apple overpay for more companies that make crappy products as long as they turn a hefty profit?
  • Reply 56 of 101
    Quote:

Lol love your verb tense and constant use of the work"troll" reflecting a very limited vocabulary. Isn't that called pigeon English?

people use that word around you often because that's what you are -- a dirty, ugly troll, who lives under a bridge and breathes fart-breath whenever he speaks.

• Reply 57 of 101
    Quote:

Originally Posted by John.B View Post

It was a typo. He makes the same consistent mistakes in every single one of his posts. There's a difference, and you know that. Stop being intellectually dishonest. 

• Reply 58 of 101
    nolamacguy wrote: »

id wager that was a typo, rather than total ignorance on plurals... there seem to be a lot of people who don't understand the difference between plural, possessives, and contractions

Or what's a good or bad deal. Just sayin.
  • Reply 59 of 101
    Quote:

Are you suggesting Apple overpay for more companies that make crappy products as long as they turn a hefty profit?

i don't think they overpaid. if the company is doing $1-1.5B in annual revenue, it won't take very long to earn it back. in addition, Cook said he has plans for the streaming and talent. three prongs. 

somehow, i think apple (Cook and staff, and board) know about 1000x more than you do about how to run their insanely profitable, successful company. meanwhile, you're just an anonymous guy trolling an apple website. laugh....not really in much of a position to criticize them, are you?

• Reply 60 of 101
    Quote:

No, he's suggested that you're a fucking idiot that doesn't know the definition of a good business. Your opinion that Beats makes "crappy product" is purely subjective. The data, showing that they own the mid to high end market in sales and profit- isn't. Clearly, millions upon millions of people love the product. I think Apple cares about that more than the shitty opinion of an intellectually stunted internet troll like you, who has proven time and time again that he doesn't understand the fundamentals of any topic he chooses to dwelve into.

No one gives a shit about what you think about Beats. It's an extremely successful company, with a shit load of sales, that makes premium products, has fantastic marketing, and loyal customers. It's not rocket science, except to obtuse, foaming at the mouth, one-note intellectual midgets like yourself.