Oscar winner Christian Bale to play Steve Jobs in upcoming biopic

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 53
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

You're aware Kutcher has already been in a Steve Jobs movie...right?

It earned 36 Million worldwide. I don't think Bale is going to increase that number.  Even more so this  film will center around Mac, NeXT and iPod. The life of Steve Jobs really isn't that interesting, people love their iPhone not sure they are going to pay 11.00 to watch Jobs run around and yell at everyone for 90 mins. 

• Reply 42 of 53

Steve Jobs would never have done this.

OK, you got a good one in there. That was funny.

You're still not forgiven for your "Bendghazi" hysteria, though.

Thanks!

Don't worry about forgiving me; it's not required. I won't be swayed over Bendgate, and I say that with a straight face.
  • Reply 43 of 53
    I'll be surprised if Cook doesn't veto the choice of Bale and replace him with Will Smith, in the interests of promoting 'diversity'.
  • Reply 44 of 53
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Bane will be played by Eric Schmidt.

“I think we both know I have to copy your phone. You’ll just have to imagine the marketshare!”

*Jonathan Ive rides in on a motorcycle that shoots aluminium bullets at Schmidt*

“Luckily I’m not as buddhist as you when it comes to violence.”

Then again, Robert Downey Jr. and Jeff Bridges as that pairing would work…

• Reply 45 of 53
    Excellent choice.
  • Reply 46 of 53
    haggarhaggar Posts: 1,568member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bobbyfozz View Post

Excellent casting. Bale will do his best to pull it off. As for the guy who wrote "That ship has sailed" why would someone who will want to see this care? If you don't want to see it, prove it by not buying a ticket... but if you care at all about what Jobs was, I'm betting you shot your mouth off too soon.

I think even if Steve Jobs himself appeared in some unreleased self biopic, people would be dissatisfied with his own acting, portrayal, on-screen presence or whatever artsy term people are using these days.

• Reply 47 of 53
    palegolaspalegolas Posts: 1,361member
    Chiming in. Great casting. There's something about both his ego, and his energy that I think matches up perfectly for the role. Just knowing this (assuming that he signs) I've got my hope back for this film.
  • Reply 48 of 53
    Who will they cast as Wozniak? Jack Black?
  • Reply 49 of 53
    I must be within a very small minority that feels no enthusiasm for Bale in any role whatsoever. But I'll keep an open mind and give him his shot. But until then, I'll feel very bleh about it. He just doesn't bring any roles to LIFE for me, they always seem very flat.
  • Reply 50 of 53
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,327moderator
    Who will they cast as Wozniak? Jack Black?

Just a random fat guy like they usually do. Zach Galifianakis might be suitable:

400 400

This movie is about keynotes though:

http://thenextweb.com/apple/2012/11/15/aaron-sorkin-steve-jobs-bio-movie-to-be-just-3-scenes-presented-in-real-time-from-backstage-at-product-launches/

"Steve Jobs biopic to be 3 real-time scenes from backstage at Mac, NeXT, iPod launches"

so he'd just have to be sitting in the audience trolling Apple and maybe riding round on his Segway outside the events. He recently said he'd ditch his Android phones after the iPhone 6 though so maybe he can get some better treatment, maybe:

http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/17/steve-wozniak-iphone-6-cell-phone-apple-video/

It seems a bit odd at first that they'd focus on those products and not the later ones but it's not about Apple, it's about Steve. He was pretty calm at the later events, probably because he had more confidence that they'd succeed. Plus the earlier products laid the groundwork for the later ones. It also means they don't have to cast two actors or use unconvincing makeup for old Steve.

That makeup job actually looked pretty good in motion at some points but it had too much of that uncanny valley feel about it:

[VIDEO]

Jony Ive's casting choice was odd there. It should have been Vin Diesel:

300 300

Neil Patrick Harris can play Cook:

300 400

Heather Graham could play Laurene:

350 400

Buscemi for Forstall:

350 400
  • Reply 51 of 53

Don't go distracting me with Heather Graham images. Please.

• Reply 52 of 53
    The thought of Steve Buscemi playing Scott Forstall just made me LOL.