MasterCard pushes Apple Pay with new 'Priceless Surprises' TV ads

Comments

• Reply 21 of 51
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    Not far from the truth. It's a Cessna so you do need to make a slight jump up and in (and out). Flying lesson.

Waiting.........
    I've been accused by you - now prove it.
  • Reply 22 of 51
    Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

Waiting.........

I’ve been accused by you - now prove it.

What part of “He’s going to a flying lesson” was confusing? :???:

• Reply 23 of 51
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    Lasorda……ugh
  • Reply 24 of 51
    pazuzu wrote: »
    Lame.
    And disproven once again. The emperor has no clothes.
    But good to know we won't have you on here for your flight duration at least. Hopefully you're headed to China. Have a safe trip. :D

I wish you'd stay in Mountain View. And not leave. Or access AppleInsider again.
  • Reply 25 of 51

Yet he has time to comment on another poster's comments????
    If what I'm being accused of were true it would be easily verifiable.
    Hence he's obviously lying or mistaken.
  • Reply 26 of 51

Hence he's obviously lying

Decent logic, however I’m far more willing to give the benefit of the doubt when something so obvious is in question.

• Reply 27 of 51
    Apple Pay sounds great, but my bank-issued Mastercard debit cards won't work, nor will my Chase/Amazon Visa or my Citi/Sears Mastercard. Amazon tells me they are "working on it" while Citi says there are "no plans" for the Sears card. My bank and credit union are both "considering" Apple Pay, so that means only my Capital One Visa card is working with Apple Pay as of now.
  • Reply 28 of 51
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    with all the money they'll be saving on fraud, they can afford to give stuff away.
  • Reply 29 of 51
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,198member

These ads are likely a joint venture by MC and Apple.

• Reply 30 of 51
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member

In my neighborhood a 'flying lesson' isn't on a aircraft. :lol:
  • Reply 31 of 51
    Hence he's obviously lying or mistaken.

It's not unbelievable that he had enough time to write a quick reply, but not enough time to go through your all your posts.
  • Reply 32 of 51
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    It's not unbelievable that he had enough time to write a quick reply, but not enough time to go through your all your posts.

Nor am I going to waste my time. The cost-benefit doesn't work out in favour so i stopped scouring a poster's history awhile back. I may still do a general scouring, not poster specific, unless it's blatant hypocrisy within the same post or thread.

PS: I technically had internet for the entire flight via cellular, I opted not to use it for reasons that probably don't have to be mentioned.
  • Reply 33 of 51
    solipsismx wrote: »
    Nor am I going to waste my time. The cost-benefit doesn't work out in favour so i stopped scouring a poster's history awhile back. I may still do a general scouring, not poster specific, unless it's blatant hypocrisy within the same post or thread.

PS: I technically had internet for the entire flight via cellular, I opted not to use it for reasons that probably don't have to be mentioned.

AND NOTHING! You can't prove it but this definitely proves you are lying.
    Proving you're not lying would work out in your "cost/benefit" favour by salvaging your integrity.
    And I have proven you wrong yet once again.

Where's your integrity man?
  • Reply 34 of 51
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Quote:

Of course a credit card company would love this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

And yet they haven't loved Google Wallet which you claimed was the exact same thing and kept posting article stating why ?Pay will fail and how it was nothing special. image

You have to remember that trolls often forget what they said from moment to moment so they tend to contradict themselves a lot. But they really don’t care since it’s about the trolling in the first place, not actual facts.

• Reply 35 of 51
    thrangthrang Posts: 1,009member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by IYFCalvin View Post

Is it me or does that look like an iPhone 4 or 5 that can't use Apple Pay?

I have the 6 and used it at Walgreens yesterday justifier the fun of it. So easy to spend!

Just noticed the same thing...odd...

• Reply 36 of 51
    lkrupp wrote: »

You have to remember that trolls often forget what they said from moment to moment so they tend to contradict themselves a lot. But they really don’t care since it’s about the trolling in the first place, not actual facts.

I don't forget a thing. Put up the quotes or shut up.
  • Reply 37 of 51
    While Citi is currently listed as being compatible, Citi business cards are not.
    In my conversation with Citi, yesterday, there is no expected date for compatibility.
  • Reply 38 of 51

On the topic of Apple commercials, what's up with the embarrassingly crappy -- including one that's outright sexist -- ads from ATT and Verizon for the iPhone. Even if not produced by Apple, doesn't the company they have some sort of oversight over how its products are pitched?

• Reply 39 of 51
    Quote:

Lame.

And disproven once again. The emperor has no clothes.

But good to know we won't have you on here for your flight duration at least. Hopefully you're headed to China. Have a safe trip. image

The 'emperor' with no clothes is still 10x better than some folks -- hmmm... who am I thinking of... -- with a head-to-toe parka.

• Reply 40 of 51
    Where's your integrity man?

I will vouch for[@]SolipsismX[/@]'s integrity. Going through someone's post history is tedious, and time consuming. I don't blame him for his unwillingness.