MasterCard pushes Apple Pay with new 'Priceless Surprises' TV ads

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 51
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    The 'emperor' with no clothes is still 10x better than some folks -- hmmm... who am I thinking of... -- with a head-to-toe parka.

Kenny from South Park? :lol:
  • Reply 42 of 51
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    pazuzu wrote: »
    AND NOTHING! You can't prove it but this definitely proves you are lying.
    Proving you're not lying would work out in your "cost/benefit" favour by salvaging your integrity.
    And I have proven you wrong yet once again.

Where's your integrity man?

That's an interesting argument. Let's give your theory of "you can't prove it [therefore] proves you are lying" a go. For starters, I claim you are a human being with the ability to act in a decent manner. Now I'm not going to attempt to prove that so I guess that means I'm lying and by your own logic proves you are not a human being nor able to act in a decent manner.
  • Reply 43 of 51
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    On the topic of Apple commercials, what's up with the embarrassingly crappy -- including one that's outright sexist -- ads from ATT and Verizon for the iPhone. Even if not produced by Apple, doesn't the company they have some sort of oversight over how its products are pitched?

I doubt I've seen them. Could you link a couple here?
  • Reply 44 of 51
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    That's an interesting argument. Let's give your theory of "you can't prove it [therefore] proves you are lying" a go. For starters, I claim you are a human being with the ability to act in a decent manner. Now I'm not going to attempt to prove that so I guess that means I'm lying and by your own logic proves you are not a human being nor able to act in a decent manner.

Say wha?
    Just admit you made s mistake and we can be friends.
  • Reply 45 of 51
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    Buy a lottery ticket. You'll have better odds of winning.

Or save up for an AAPL share and guarantee a win :)
  • Reply 46 of 51
    tyler82tyler82 Posts: 1,102member

Apple should (and could) become their own bank. They have more money than the U.S. Treasury and their security practices lately are outstanding. I would trust my money with Apple any day over BofA or the slimy credit card companies. Apple could take all the proceeds for transactions instead of having to rely on Visa and Mastercard to take their cut. I hope this is the direction Apple is taking. 

• Reply 47 of 51
    idreyidrey Posts: 647member
    napabill wrote: »
    Apple Pay sounds great, but my bank-issued Mastercard debit cards won't work, nor will my Chase/Amazon Visa or my Citi/Sears Mastercard. Amazon tells me they are "working on it" while Citi says there are "no plans" for the Sears card. My bank and credit union are both "considering" Apple Pay, so that means only my Capital One Visa card is working with Apple Pay as of now.

Time to get a new bank/cc, maybe? And let your old banks/cc why you are switching!
  • Reply 48 of 51
    tyler82 wrote: »
    Apple should (and could) become their own bank. They have more money than the U.S. Treasury and their security practices lately are outstanding. I would trust my money with Apple any day over BofA or the slimy credit card companies. Apple could take all the proceeds for transactions instead of having to rely on Visa and Mastercard to take their cut. I hope this is the direction Apple is taking. 

Apple should/could do a lot of things- instead decided to buy Beats for $3BILLION.
    Apple's folly?
  • Reply 49 of 51
    Somebody here did say that cc companies would start incentivizing costumer to using apple pay
  • Reply 50 of 51
    pazuzu wrote: »
    Apple should/could do a lot of things- instead decided to buy Beats for $3BILLION.
    Apple's folly?

I don't see Beats acquisition as a bad move, a little over price but not a bad buy.
  • Reply 51 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Or save up for an AAPL share and guarantee a win image 

If you say so.