pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    Remove foot from mouth.
    Let it rest.
    Die
  • Reply 22 of 60
    plovellplovell Posts: 824member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fallenjt View Post

iOS 8 has been shtt....WiFi connection sucks. Try this: connect to your home network with your iOS 8.1 devices, start walking away from the router until your iOS devices get only 2 bars connections strength, disconnect the WiFi and try to reconnect it: your devices will ask for WiFi password and once you enter the password, it won't connect saying that it's wrong password. If you have only 1 bar strength network, you won't be able to connect it...this is' iOS 8.1 issue.

This is not my experience with iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2. Both are solid.  Both were updated USB/iTunes.

• Reply 23 of 60
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    mystigo wrote: »
    It's not "towed" is it? It's "Toed" the company line.

Is there a joke afoot here I missed? :D
  • Reply 24 of 60
    So, in layman's terms, he is basically saying the 'zip' file was screwed up.
  • Reply 25 of 60
    gtr wrote: »
    Dude, if he speaks gooder English then he has a responsibility to make things righter.

I could care less about that! (I bet 50% of readers don't even get that joke!)
  • Reply 26 of 60
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member

According to people I respect (Rene Ritchie, Andy Ihnatko) it was indeed a delivery issue. People who updated OTA were affected. For people who updated via USB/iTunes the update was fine. The issue affected about 46,000 customers before action was taken. Anecdotal nonsense from anonymous posters, Google hits, Apple Discussion forum “views and replies” are totally useless in determining the cause and extent of any issues. I’ll take the word of Apple any day over the “Internet.” The Internet is full of nut-jobs, idiots, and wannabes.

• Reply 27 of 60
    Quote:

iOS 8 has been shtt....WiFi connection sucks. Try this: connect to your home network with your iOS 8.1 devices, start walking away from the router until your iOS devices get only 2 bars connections strength, disconnect the WiFi and try to reconnect it: your devices will ask for WiFi password and once you enter the password, it won't connect saying that it's wrong password. If you have only 1 bar strength network, you won't be able to connect it...this is' iOS 8.1 issue.

Nope. Why do guys like you assume your personal experience is universal? Are you that self-centered?

• Reply 28 of 60
    lkrupp wrote: »
    According to people I respect (Rene Ritchie, Andy Ihnatko) it was indeed a delivery issue. People who updated OTA were affected. For people who updated via USB/iTunes the update was fine. The issue affected about 46,000 customers before action was taken. Anecdotal nonsense from anonymous posters, Google hits, Apple Discussion forum “views and replies” are totally useless in determining the cause and extent of any issues. I’ll take the word of Apple any day over the “Internet.” The Internet is full of nut-jobs, idiots, and wannabes.

What is Andy Ihnatko up to these days ( I know I know, I'll Google him). I remember Andy from the very early Mac days along with Guy Kawasaki. Respect!
  • Reply 29 of 60
    magman1979magman1979 Posts: 1,293member
    fallenjt wrote: »
    You seem to be hell bent on repeating that claim... Helping manage a few hundred iOS devices on corporate WiFi networks running Cisco WAP's which are known for being finicky, not ONES has had an issue, nor has my 5S or Mini Retina on my home router, an Asus Dark Knight...
  • Reply 30 of 60
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

What is Andy Ihnatko up to these days ( I know I know, I'll Google him). I remember Andy from the very early Mac days along with Guy Kawasaki. Respect!

Andy is a regular on Leo Laporte’s video podcast ‘MacBreak Weekly’ that airs live on Twit every Tuesday at 11:00AM PDT. It is also available the next day on AppleTV or iTunes. Rene Ritchie, Andy Ihnatko, Alex Lindsay are regulars with Leo. The four of them discuss the week’s news and happenings about Apple. Andy lives in Boston and is the tech writer for the Chicago Sun Times.

• Reply 31 of 60
    Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagMan1979 View Post

You seem to be hell bent on repeating that claim... Helping manage a few hundred iOS devices on corporate WiFi networks running Cisco WAP's which are known for being finicky, not ONES has had an issue, nor has my 5S or Mini Retina on my home router, an Asus Dark Knight...

This is precisely why one should not pay attention to Internet anecdotes. 90% of Google hits and Apple Discussion Forum views include nonsense like this guy’s post. Garbage in, garbage out, as they say, like the video making the rounds showing an iPhone 6 bent at a 90% angle after allegedly being in some guy’s front pocket when he ‘bumped into’ a metal post... and then it caught fire. But hey, it’s on the Internet and there’s video so it must be true, right?

• Reply 32 of 60
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GTR View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredumb View Post

How dare you knoe English?!?  ;-)

Dude, if he speaks gooder English then he has a responsibility to make things righter.

So, your claiming to know Englisher than me???

• Reply 33 of 60
    lkrupp wrote: »

Andy is a regular on Leo Laporte’s video podcast ‘MacBreak Weekly’ that airs live on Twit every Tuesday at 11:00AM PDT. It is also available the next day on AppleTV or iTunes. Rene Ritchie, Andy Ihnatko, Alex Lindsay are regulars with Leo. The four of them discuss the week’s news and happenings about Apple. Andy lives in Boston and is the tech writer for the Chicago Sun Times.

Thanks I'll check all that out.
  • Reply 34 of 60
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    boredumb wrote: »

Most definingly!
  • Reply 35 of 60

Reference your loction: "Location: southern part of the western edge of a northern continent"

What is a 'northern continent' when it's at home?
  • Reply 36 of 60
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member
    Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredumb View Post

Reference your loction: "Location: southern part of the western edge of a northern continent"

What is a 'northern continent' when it's at home?

a continent north of the equator - just trying to be parallelistic.

• Reply 37 of 60
    a continent north of the equator - just trying to be parallelistic.

Ok so one of three ... got it. :D

Actually that could even be a new definition of parallelistic ... all three are on the same parallel! (Give or take ... :D)
  • Reply 38 of 60
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    Quote:

I like it.

It makes him sound very worldly.

He lives everywhere.

• Reply 39 of 60
    larryalarrya Posts: 606member
    Ok, I'll say it: thanks, Obama!
  • Reply 40 of 60
    software distribution is still part of their job. instead of saying "everyone makes mistakes" he should own up to them