'I'm proud to be gay,' Apple CEO Tim Cook says in open letter supporting equality

Comments

• Reply 281 of 650
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Really?

I'm not so sure women should vote. They have more than enough to occupy them between the kitchen and the bedroom.

Best to leave the important decisions to us guys.

you should check this out - if your from UK you probably heard it - very funny, 

• Reply 282 of 650
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    People who believe in Pro Choice are against murder, too.

Because they have a warped view of when life begins. But this is completely OT so I'm done talking about it.
  • Reply 283 of 650
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    That would be impossible.

So you believe that removing a clump of living cells that form within the first trimester is considered murder? Then you must also believe that removing a tumor is also murder because those cells are living and have likely been forming for a lot longer than 3 months.
  • Reply 284 of 650
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

That would be impossible.

Highly debatable. A fetus or embryo isn't a human being. 

• Reply 285 of 650
    Do you respect Satanism?

I respect the choice for someone to choose their religion, but all others religions look stupid to those that practice something else.

What a silly thing to say.

I don't practice Buddhism. I certainly don't think it looks stupid.
  • Reply 286 of 650
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    So you believe that removing a clump of living cells that form within the first trimester is considered murder? Then you must also believe that removing a tumor is also murder because those cells are living and have likely been forming for a lot longer than 3 months.

You forget that those of 'faith' believe in 'souls' that are in one bunch of cells but not the other. It's not a discussion that can ever be resolved. Neither side can prove the other wrong.
  • Reply 287 of 650

Buddhism is better classified as a philosophy. Note the lack of an anthropomorphized creator.

How do you feel about Judaism and Islam, both of which are sandwiching the other Abrahamic religion you practice?
  • Reply 288 of 650
    His sexual preferences are of no consequence to me. When I'm spending my money I'm concerned about getting the best products and services available. Period.
  • Reply 289 of 650

Soli's point was more philosophical I think that specific. Most religions don't think others are correct and therefore silly almost by definition. 'We are right you are wrong' religiously speaking, is pretty fundamental to a few disagreements over the ages.. Buddhism is always the odd man out since they don't strictly qualify in the same god believing group as most, being non theistic. But you knew that already.
  • Reply 290 of 650
    jafu wrote: »
    His sexual preferences are of no consequence to me. When I'm spending my money I'm concerned about getting the best products and services available. Period.

Right on ... common sense triumphs! :D
  • Reply 291 of 650
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post

The thread unravels, but good point. People who are pro choice are also pro life and pro women.

The thread is in a death spiral...  Har!

• Reply 292 of 650
    Buddhism is better classified as a philosophy. Note the lack of an anthropomorphized creator.

How do you feel about Judaism and Islam, both of which are sandwiching the other Abrahamic religion you practice?

Heck no need to go that far, I grew up in an UK where Catholics and Protestants killed each other ... in fact that was the reason for my early rejection of religion in the first place.
  • Reply 293 of 650
    Soli's point was more philosophical I think that specific. Most religions don't think others are correct and therefore silly almost by definition. 'We are right you are wrong' religiously speaking, is pretty fundamental to a few disagreements over the ages.. Buddhism is always the odd man out since they don't strictly qualify in the same god believing group as most, being non theistic. But you knew that already.

That's why he choose it. Your point about Catholics v Protestants is a good one.
  • Reply 294 of 650
    Good on you Tim!
    You just Made to world a better place !
  • Reply 295 of 650
    Quote:

Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

The thread is in a death spiral...  Har!

We've covered gay issues, abortion, religion, and now in the next hour, a political debate. 

• Reply 296 of 650
    That's why he choose it. Your point about Catholics v Protestants is a good one.

BTW and I think this is OT as it's about intolerance: Have you watched any Tim Minchin? He is brilliant at lampooning it in song.
  • Reply 297 of 650
    boltsfan17 wrote: »
    We've covered gay issues, abortion, religion, and now in the next hour, a political debate. 

and even though contentious, all in a pretty respectful and polite manner. Hats off to AI contributors.
  • Reply 298 of 650
    Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

and even though contentious, all in a pretty respectful and polite manner. Hats off to AI contributors.

Very true. Nothing wrong with a respectful debate. You don't see many of those these days. 

• Reply 299 of 650

Being gay does not make him a better CEO for Apple.  That is something he decides to do outside of work.

Heterosexual and proud of it.

Hopefully this comment doesn't get deleted, as my first did.  I took out the remark, I thought the PC Police didn't like.

• Reply 300 of 650
    dsddsd Posts: 186member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

This thread is doomed. /s