Many Apple Stores to open at 8AM on Black Friday, discounts available online

Posted:
in General Discussion edited November 2014
For the upcoming Black Friday shopping bonanza, many brick-and-mortar Apple Stores are slated to welcome the holiday crush at 8 a.m. and will again offer the same discounts and deals to online customers.

Black Friday
Teaser ad for Apple's 2013 Black Friday event.


According to people familiar with the Apple's retail operations, many Apple Stores will open at 8 a.m. local time on Black Friday, earlier than normal operating hours, but two hours later than last year's start to the holiday shopping season.

Apple has traditionally joined the crowd of retailers that open unnaturally early on Black Friday, which falls on Nov. 28 this year, promotions Apple Stores opened at midnight and 4 a.m. on Black Friday in 2011, for example. The person claims Apple is not pushing for early-bird customers this year, citing sales numbers from 2013.

Spot checks at various Apple Store locations across the U.S. revealed planned opening times ranged between 8 a.m. and 9 a.m., while others plan to keep normal business hours. A representative from one store California store said the outlet is officially scheduled to open at 10 a.m., but employees might let customers in an hour prior.

Apple is expected to post a complete list of holiday hours on its retail website in the coming weeks.

Last year, Apple offered hardware discounts to customers in European markets like the UK, France and Germany, but chose to hand out gift cards in the U.S. and Australia.

Apple usually announces its Black Friday promotions that same day through the Online Apple Store, shortly before doors open at brick-and-mortar outlets.
«1

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 23
    Been thinking of getting an AppleTV, just don't want to get one and have the new one launch in the spring. Decisions, decisions.
  • Reply 2 of 23
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post



    Been thinking of getting an AppleTV, just don't want to get one and have the new one launch in the spring. Decisions, decisions.



    The Apple TV is pretty cheap, so even if a new model were to get released next year, you could always just sell the one you got, and then get the new one.

     

    I've been seeing brand new Apple TVs going for as little as $80 recently on certain deals.

     

    I bought the Apple TV 3 last year, and it's working pretty good, but if a new one comes out that is much better or has much more features, then I'll just get that. At these cheap price points, it's not much to consider. We're not talking about Mac Pros here.

  • Reply 3 of 23
    apple ][ wrote: »

    The Apple TV is pretty cheap, so even if a new model were to get released next year, you could always just sell the one you got, and then get the new one.

    I've been seeing brand new Apple TVs going for as little as $80 recently on certain deals.

    I bought the Apple TV 3 last year, and it's working pretty good, but if a new one comes out that is much better or has much more features, then I'll just get that. At these cheap price points, it's not much to consider. We're not talking about Mac Pros here.

    True. I just wish they'd open it up to apps already, even if I get one it can't replace my Roku yet.
  • Reply 4 of 23
    mpantonempantone Posts: 2,104member

    Get a refurb.

     

    Me, I'm waiting until they refresh it: one with 802.11ac wireless networking.

  • Reply 5 of 23
    My router still only supports 802.11g, so that's irrelevant to me right now.
  • Reply 6 of 23
    I realize that black friday is a useful term for consumers and across the retail sector. But I sort of smile at the notion that apple is ever in the red. Maybe I'm wrong, it just seems like they are always killing it every quarter of the year.

    Back on topic the last apple tv revision was january 2013, so a new model is more than over due. I'd probably wait a few months.
  • Reply 7 of 23
    ifij775ifij775 Posts: 470member
    This is the first year there really isn't something I need.
  • Reply 8 of 23
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Been thinking of getting an AppleTV, just don't want to get one and have the new one launch in the spring. Decisions, decisions.

    Get a refurb. You'll save a few dollars, and won't feel bad if they launch a new one.
  • Reply 9 of 23
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    techlover wrote: »
    I realize that black friday is a useful term for consumers and across the retail sector. But I sort of smile at the notion that apple is ever in the red. Maybe I'm wrong, it just seems like they are always killing it every quarter of the year.

    Back on topic the last apple tv revision was january 2013, so a new model is more than over due. I'd probably wait a few months.

    Ummm being in the red means you're in negative profits.
  • Reply 10 of 23
    eriamjheriamjh Posts: 1,686member



    I think 

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post





    Ummm being in the red means you're in negative profits.

     

    I think he mean to type never in the red.

  • Reply 11 of 23
    mpantonempantone Posts: 2,104member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ifij775 View Post



    This is the first year there really isn't something I need.



    Not even new underwear?

  • Reply 12 of 23
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    eriamjh wrote: »

    I think 

    I think he mean to type never in the red.

    Ahhhh, I normally catch things like that. Thanks for the clarification.
  • Reply 13 of 23
    joshajosha Posts: 901member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post





    Get a refurb. You'll save a few dollars, and won't feel bad if they launch a new one.



    A refurb of the new mid range Mac mini will take a bit of a wait.

    If they are 10% off on BLK Fri I may bite.

  • Reply 14 of 23
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    mpantone wrote: »

    Not even new underwear?

    Maybe he's the commando type. :lol:
  • Reply 15 of 23
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    techlover wrote: »
    I realize that black friday is a useful term for consumers and across the retail sector. But I sort of smile at the notion that apple is ever in the red. Maybe I'm wrong, it just seems like they are always killing it every quarter of the year.

    Back on topic the last apple tv revision was january 2013, so a new model is more than over due. I'd probably wait a few months.

    Ummm being in the red means you're in negative profits.

    Correct. Being in the red is negative profits.

    Which is why I smile at the notion that apple is ever in the red. When are they ever in the red? Never. Meaning that the term "black friday" does not apply to apple.

    My sentence structure was maybe a little poor, but it's not incorrect.
  • Reply 16 of 23
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    techlover wrote: »
    Correct. Being in the red is negative profits.

    Which is why I smile at the notion that apple is ever in the red. When are they ever in the red? Never. Meaning that the term "black friday" does not apply to apple.

    My sentence structure was maybe a little poor, but it's not incorrect.

    Your explanation needs explaining, because it still makes no sense. :lol:
  • Reply 17 of 23
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    josha wrote: »

    A refurb of the new mid range Mac mini will take a bit of a wait.
    If they are 10% off on BLK Fri I may bite.

    True, but the OP was talking about the Apple TV.
  • Reply 18 of 23
    mpantonempantone Posts: 2,104member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post





    Maybe he's the commando type. image



    Well then he shouldn't be bitching about his lack of something to buy.

     

    If you go commando, why would you gripe about your lack of undergarment purchase opportunities?

  • Reply 19 of 23
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    mpantone wrote: »

    Well then he shouldn't be bitching about his lack of something to buy.

    If you go commando, why would you gripe about your lack of undergarment purchase opportunities?

    Look again, he said nothing he 'needs' ;)
  • Reply 20 of 23
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    techlover wrote: »
    Correct. Being in the red is negative profits.

    Which is why I smile at the notion that apple is ever in the red. When are they ever in the red? Never. Meaning that the term "black friday" does not apply to apple.

    My sentence structure was maybe a little poor, but it's not incorrect.

    Your explanation needs explaining, because it still makes no sense. :lol:

    Nice.
Sign In or Register to comment.