Next-gen iPhone rumored to sport dual-lenses, DSLR quality in 'biggest camera jump ever'

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 74
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    And how many people carry their DSLR around in their trouser pockets?

I rest my case.

[@]Dickprinter[/@] carries an entire Xerox.
  • Reply 62 of 74
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

@Dickprinter carries an entire Xerox.

I was able to up until about a month ago, but now that I have an iP6, the unsightly, protruding lens :rolleyes: won't allow it anymore. :D 

Edit...

BTW...Xerox is no longer the de facto standard reproduction product company it once was in the printing/reproduction industry. Canon, Konica-Minolta and Ricoh now dominate sales in the production print-for-pay market. I understand why you used that name, though. 

• Reply 63 of 74
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Geekmee View Post

Hmmm, sounds like history repeats itself... I think it was VP of DEC computers (now defunct) that said "I can't see any reason for a personal computer in the home." And it was Bill Gates who said "I can't see any reason why anyone would need more than 640K of RAM."

There was nothing in physics that limited improvement in computing power, it was more an engineering issue. In this case, the only way to improve things is to change totally the way a photo is built. There isn't even anything in patents that alude to something coming up in this direction (unlike patents in the 1980s and 1990s that showed upcoming improvement in chip making).

BTW, chips themselves have kind of hit a boundary of physics with the current material at hands. You don't see 5 GHZ in many production silicon chips do you en though 3GHZ chips came out in 2002?  In fact nobody goes above 5.5 GHZ is the top clock speed in a production chip right now and most chips are in the 2.7-3.5 GHZ range. Even with super duper expensive cooling you can't go above 8.5 GHZ in any chip existing now.

• Reply 64 of 74
    Originally Posted by foggyhill View Post

Even with super duper expensive cooling you can't go above 8.5 GHZ in any chip existing now.

Liquid helium, man. That was a humorous exercise in the absurd.

• Reply 65 of 74

Looks like the dual-lenses are copying the animal qualities in having two eyes.  Humans also have two eyes.  LOL! 

• Reply 66 of 74
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

I rest my case.

Is your DSLR "case" made of leather or faux leather?

• Reply 67 of 74
    Based on the trends and the rumors pouring into the rumor mill, the evolution of the iPhone is going 3D. The current generation has the front camera lopsided, unbalanced on the left side. This leads to speculation that the space on the right side of the ear piece is reserved for a depth sensor on the iPhone 6S, most likely one developed by Prime Sense.

Note that iPhone 6 rumors began around 2-3 years ago were mostly correct in its predicted form-factor. People expected the iPhone 5S to be the six, and dismissed the rumors at that time. Development of the iPhone 6 began over three years ago, so these early leaks were correct. We are getting early leaks now concerning the iPhone 7. There will be an iPhone 6S with evolved technology improvements. It will have "stepping stone" technologies that will evolve into a 3D platform on the iPhone 7. This latest rumor gives more weight to that idea.

I predict that the iPhone 7 will sport a true 3D display and will have depth sensing cameras with PrimeSense proximity technologies. To "wow" everyone, the phone will be yet thinner than the IPhone 6 and even the iPad Air 2. They will first show the screen, with its amazing depth perception, leaving everyone with the impression that the unit must be thick in order to "fit" all the depth. They will then turn the phone on its side to reveal how razer-thin it is.
  • Reply 68 of 74
    harry wild wrote: »

I rest my case.

Very good.
  • Reply 69 of 74
    peteralt wrote: »
    Based on the trends and the rumors pouring into the rumor mill, the evolution of the iPhone is going 3D. The current generation has the front camera lopsided, unbalanced on the left side. This leads to speculation that the space on the right side of the ear piece is reserved for a depth sensor on the iPhone 6S, most likely one developed by Prime Sense.

Note that iPhone 6 rumors began around 2-3 years ago were mostly correct in its predicted form-factor. People expected the iPhone 5S to be the six, and dismissed the rumors at that time. Development of the iPhone 6 began over three years ago, so these early leaks were correct. We are getting early leaks now concerning the iPhone 7. There will be an iPhone 6S with evolved technology improvements. It will have "stepping stone" technologies that will evolve into a 3D platform on the iPhone 7. This latest rumor gives more weight to that idea.

I predict that the iPhone 7 will sport a true 3D display and will have depth sensing cameras with PrimeSense proximity technologies. To "wow" everyone, the phone will be yet thinner than the IPhone 6 and even the iPad Air 2. They will first show the screen, with its amazing depth perception, leaving everyone with the impression that the unit must be thick in order to "fit" all the depth. They will then turn the phone on its side to reveal how razer-thin it is.
    I predict your wrong
  • Reply 70 of 74
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    I predict your wrong

And I predict you're wrong. ;)
  • Reply 71 of 74
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    I predict your wrong

And I predict you're wrong. ;)
    Well I'm predicting that your prediction about my prediction is wrong and my original prediction about the other prediction is still right ;)
  • Reply 72 of 74
    Quote:

Quote:

I rest my case.

Very good.

Here is another good solution for carrying a the smartphone is too big for you! : http://youtu.be/FQbrknzMzbE

• Reply 73 of 74
    undefined