Quote:

Originally Posted by Hexclock View Post

Just have Pixar make it.

Pixar would have had it done by now.

• Reply 42 of 55
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Onhka View Post

And you have read it?

I haven't read the script but I can read Hollywood tea leaves. When David Fincher drops out, Cristian Bale bales, and Sony then puts the project in turnaround, it usually indicates irreconcilable script troubles. 

• Reply 43 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

Why do I feel like this is going to be like the "real Apple TV" and be delayed and delayed until it just never happens

Who says it's ever been delayed?

• Reply 44 of 55
    koopkoop Posts: 337member

"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - Michael Cain to Steve Jobs (Christian Bale) referring to Bill Gates and the release of Windows 95.

• Reply 45 of 55
    People, this is normal in Hollywood. It's just that as with anything Apple, every little piece of news gets posted on AI, making us think that it won't happen. About 98.5% of films go through these same motions before a second of action is put on film.

Name any successful film of the last 30 years and I bet you 100% that it was punted/rejected at least three times.

"The Godfather" is a great example. No one wanted to make it, which is why FFC had to finance most of it himself. MGM hated the money they spent on "2001: A Space Odyssey," and now it's a timeless classic.
  • Reply 46 of 55
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,198member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

With Sony out, Universal Studios is rumored to take the reins and will green light production by the end of Thursday. With the quick changing of hands, the untitled Jobs film is unlikely to suffer serious setbacks, Deadline said.

Universal is the go-to studio for shoving out stuff.

Apparently the script doesn't trash Jobs enough and Sony gave up on finding a way to do product placement.

• Reply 47 of 55
    Forget Sorkin, Pixar should do a biopic of Jobs, 3d animated, with the acid trips intact. Surreal and psychedelic as possible, The Beatles for the sound track. Sort of a remake of the Yellow Submarine but in Cupertino. Any other film is going to be boring as hell.
  • Reply 48 of 55
    Quote:

Originally Posted by iLoveStuff View Post

Forget Sorkin, Pixar should do a biopic of Jobs, 3d animated, with the acid trips intact. Surreal and psychedelic as possible, The Beatles for the sound track. Sort of a remake of the Yellow Submarine but in Cupertino. Any other film is going to be boring as hell.

I wish Hollywood was that creative.

• Reply 49 of 55
    kibitzerkibitzer Posts: 1,114member

Over the years, Sony has watched the majority of its businesses and technologies disrupted when their orbits intersected with that of Apple. Music distribution. CDs. DVDs. Walkman, Discman and personal audio and video. Blu-ray. PDAs. Cell phones. Computers. Proprietary integration of its products.

Look where Sony is today compared to what it was 10 years ago. I wonder if Sony leadership started asking themselves why they wanted to make a movie profiling the guy who drove a stake through their heart.

• Reply 50 of 55
    They should do a trilogy.

Jobs Begins (birth to 1985)
    The NeXT Jobs (1985-1996)
    Jobs Rises (1996-2011)

Get Bale to star, Nolan to direct, and...well, fit Michael Caine in there somewhere lol.

Or...

Apple I: Jobs' Hope
    Apple II: The Board Strikes Back
    Apple III: Return of the Jobs..."i"
  • Reply 51 of 55
    Yay! Now Apple can buy Sony.
  • Reply 52 of 55
    Basically, the trick to getting things out of Issacsons book is to ignore his conclusions completely and just focus on the facts.

I definitely disagreed with many of Isaacson's conclusions but there were a few I did agree with. There is a sense of redemption, of a genuis but flawed man getting better with age; a more shrewd businessman, an ability to get along with people and assemble amazing teams, more patience, a better family man. We often forget that our idols are imperfect humans who all started off as ignorant babies and had to grow into who they became over a long time.

Ultimately it is a tragic story because he died right as Apple was launching into the stratosphere. He lived to see Apple pass Microsoft in market cap but he did not live long enough. Who knows what industries he would have disrupted next or what he would have conceived of next. I mean he was breathtaking to watch, and then he was frail and definitely a little less energetic with the iPad release, it was so sad. I thought Isaacson covered Jobs' later years fairly and mostly very flattering.
  • Reply 53 of 55
    Basically, the trick to getting things out of Issacsons book is to ignore his conclusions completely and just focus on the facts.

I definitely disagreed with many of Isaacson's conclusions but there were a few I did agree with. There is a sense of redemption, of a genuis but flawed man getting better with age; a more shrewd businessman, an ability to get along with people and assemble amazing teams, more patience, a better family man. We often forget that our idols are imperfect humans who all started off as ignorant babies and had to grow into who they became over a long time.

Ultimately it is a tragic story because he died right as Apple was launching into the stratosphere. He lived to see Apple pass Microsoft in market cap but he did not live long enough. Who knows what industries he would have disrupted next or what he would have conceived of next. I mean he was breathtaking to watch, and then he was frail and definitely a little less energetic with the iPad release, it was so sad. I thought Isaacson covered Jobs' later years fairly and mostly very flattering.

Well put.

And yes, it is a tragic story. And yet, to argue about what he might have done is futile. What masterpieces would Mozart have written had he lived beyond 35? He died when he did. So it is with Jobs. You could almost say that had they lived great, long lives, they would have been different men, and wouldn't have changed the world as a consequence.
  • Reply 54 of 55
    Duplication.
  • Reply 55 of 55
    onhkaonhka Posts: 1,025member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MJ Web View Post

I haven't read the script but I can read Hollywood tea leaves. When David Fincher drops out, Cristian Bale bales, and Sony then puts the project in turnaround, it usually indicates irreconcilable script troubles

So you trust the imaginations of bloggers, media, hollywood gossipers and the internet for guiding your life?

Can you supply anyone of the above who has read the script and led to such conclusion(s)?