Best Buy gets the jump on Black Friday with $320 iPad Air, $250 64GB iPod touch, $250 discount on Ai

Posted:
in General Discussion edited November 2014
Offering shoppers the opportunity to "beat the Black Friday rush," Best Buy on Thursday began offering limited-time deals on Apple's iPad Air and iPod touch, as well as Beats by Dr. Dre headphones, and a significant discount on an iHome AirPlay-compatible speaker.



The sale, which runs through Saturday, includes the 2013 16-gigabyte iPad Air for $319.99, a savings of $80 off the regular price. Shoppers can also pick up the 32-gigabyte iPad Air for $369.99, while the 64-gigabyte model is on sale for $414.99, and the maximum-capacity 128-gigabyte version is discounted to $612.99.

Cellular-capable iPad Air models are available with an even greater $100 discount, starting with the 16-gigabyte LTE model for $429.99. The 32-gigabyte version can be had for $479.99.



Best Buy's pre-Black Friday discounts also include the fifth-generation 64-gigabyte iPod touch available for $249.99, a savings of $50 over its regular price.

Finally, the early sale also includes Apple's Beats by Dr. Dre Solo HD On-Ear Headphones, which are discounted $70 to $99.99. That reduced price applies to three color options: black, white and red.



iOS accessories are also available at reduced prices through Saturday, including a massive discount on the iHome AirPlay Speaker System. Regularly priced $299.99, shoppers can get the Wi-Fi connected speaker for just $49.99 -- a $250 savings.

A smaller discount can be found on the Ultimate Ears BOOM Wireless Bluetooth Speaker, on sale for $179.99. That's $20 less than its regular price of $199.99.

Best Buy's traditional Black Friday sales scheduled for next week include a $100 discount on the new iPad Air 2, as well as up to $200 off select Mac models. The retailer will also be selling the 16-gigabyte iPhone 6 for $99.99, while Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphones will be available for $79.99.
«1

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 27
    So, Best Buy retracted on the pricing on $100 discount on all iPad Air 2 models?
  • Reply 2 of 27

    Is anyone who normally would buy stuff on Black Friday going to have money left for Black Friday?

  • Reply 3 of 27
    delete. fixed
  • Reply 4 of 27
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by netrox View Post



    So, Best Buy retracted on the pricing on $100 discount on all iPad Air 2 models?

    Read the first sentence of the last paragraph.

  • Reply 5 of 27
    tundraboytundraboy Posts: 1,624member
    The iHome AirPlay speaker is a good price but the regular price is typically in the $90s, nowhere near the $299 that BestBuy put on the product page.
  • Reply 6 of 27
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    There must be a ton of unsold iPad Air 1's.
  • Reply 7 of 27
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    tundraboy wrote: »
    The iHome AirPlay speaker is a good price but the regular price is typically in the $90s, nowhere near the $299 that BestBuy put on the product page.

    Is there any diff in sound AirPlay vs Bluetooth?
  • Reply 8 of 27

    the lower the price is,  the less sales it generates.  thats how it works,  cheaper ipad=less sales. 

    monkeys always gets it backwards. 

  • Reply 9 of 27
    Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

    Is there any diff in sound AirPlay vs Bluetooth?



    I should imagine so, yeah? AirPlay is Wi-Fi, which has much higher bandwidth.

  • Reply 10 of 27
    mpantonempantone Posts: 1,432member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

     

    Is anyone who normally would buy stuff on Black Friday going to have money left for Black Friday?


    Depends on your gift budget.

     

    For some, a $500 iPad might use up all the funds. For others, it might just be a tiny dent in the wallet.

  • Reply 11 of 27
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 12,985member
    pazuzu wrote: »
    There must be a ton of unsold iPad Air 1's.

    People aren't buying the 16 GB models. I walked into several electronic stores last weekend, and they had plenty in stock, and were sold out of the higher memory models.
  • Reply 12 of 27
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post





    People aren't buying the 16 GB models. I walked into several electronic stores last weekend, and they had plenty in stock, and were sold out of the higher memory models.



    Same as last year. When I went to go get my Air, they only had 16GB models in stock.

  • Reply 13 of 27
    pazuzu wrote: »
    There must be a ton of unsold iPad Air 1's.

    It's my understanding that iPad is still in Apple's lineup.

    I think that it's a strong measure of how well Apple is gonna do this quarter when it's the most advertised discounted tech device... like I don't know if anyone is discounting Galaxy Gear, but if they are, it's not a name being used to draw a crowd. Apple iDevices are everyone's "must have" items this year... like the last ten years of top toys rolled into one.
  • Reply 14 of 27
    Why would anybody buy a 16gb device, especially now that processors and apps are 64 bit (and much larger file sizes). Right out of the box after iOS 8 takes up its share, you are left with about 10 gb. Barely enough to cover a moderately sized song library, much less any other apps or videos.
    32GB is the minimum for me for iPhones, with 64GB for iPads. Anything less is just not worth the price.
  • Reply 15 of 27
    tyler82 wrote: »
    Why would anybody buy a 16gb device, especially now that processors and apps are 64 bit (and much larger file sizes). Right out of the box after iOS 8 takes up its share, you are left with about 10 gb. Barely enough to cover a moderately sized song library, much less any other apps or videos.
    32GB is the minimum for me for iPhones, with 64GB for iPads. Anything less is just not worth the price.
    I thought the same way but with the cloud and the proper settings, a 16gb device is fine for most. That said, my next ipad (hopefully a deal on air2) will be bigger than my current 16gb ipad. I wish apple would make 32gb the entry point. I dont know anyone that was able to update to ios8 without dumping data to make room
  • Reply 16 of 27
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ham_bone View Post





    I thought the same way but with the cloud and the proper settings, a 16gb device is fine for most. That said, my next ipad (hopefully a deal on air2) will be bigger than my current 16gb ipad. I wish apple would make 32gb the entry point. I dont know anyone that was able to update to ios8 without dumping data to make room



    Race you to Best Buy's black Friday iPad Air 2 sale! 

  • Reply 17 of 27
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 3,980member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by tyler82 View Post



    Why would anybody buy a 16gb device, especially now that processors and apps are 64 bit (and much larger file sizes). Right out of the box after iOS 8 takes up its share, you are left with about 10 gb. Barely enough to cover a moderately sized song library, much less any other apps or videos.

    32GB is the minimum for me for iPhones, with 64GB for iPads. Anything less is just not worth the price.



    Why? because not everyone loads iPad with songs and movies or games. Productivity apps won't take much space, I guess 100 apps in an iPad should be enough for most. Besides, there's iCloud drive for other stuffs. Storing media in the device is so 2012, stream them.

  • Reply 18 of 27
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 3,980member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ham_bone View Post





     dont know anyone that was able to update to ios8 without dumping data to make room

    Don't know anyone that was unable to use computer to update iOS 8 to avoid deleting data.

    BTW, 32GB entry point will make 64GB for $100 too expensive. I believe 16/64/128GB is perfect line up. I have been using 16GB version for idevices without an issue. My iPhone 6+ is the first >16GB.

  • Reply 19 of 27
    According to an earlier post, the Black Friday deals on iPad 2 start Thursday, both online and in-store. Does anyone know what time on Thursday said deals begin online?
  • Reply 20 of 27
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by tyler82 View Post

     



    Race you to Best Buy's black Friday iPad Air 2 sale! 




    I will get mine Blak Friday from Apple.com and ship it to Delaware and avoid taxes the Apple way.

Sign In or Register to comment.