Purported 'iPad Pro' render hints at additional speakers on Apple's rumored 12" tablet

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 43
    siretman wrote: »
    You are kidding or trolling, right? You have a ridiculous concept of how mobile devices should be designed. Apple knows how to design devices without your asinine ideas.

I too have grown tired of cars, but I might be interested again if cars had truck beds and big tires, and it wouldn't hurt if they also looked more rugged and had 4-wheel drive.
  • Reply 42 of 43
    pmcdpmcd Posts: 396member
    Such a device would be very neat if it were essentially a blank sheet of paper and had proper writing capabilities ( I.e. built in support for a real writing device). Somehow I doubt this will happen as people seem to want something to consume content or some way of typing.

Philip
  • Reply 43 of 43
    bugsnwbugsnw Posts: 717member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NolaMacGuy View Post

whos their competition in tablets?

My statement that Apple plays in a highly competitive industry is verified day in and day out by big players who started resting on their laurels and paid a swift and painful price. Yahoo was the king of the internet...until a small startup showed up and cleaned house. There was no competition from Apple in the digital music player field on 10-22-01. You would have heard  many people ask the same question you're asking. Then, on 10-23-01, Apple introduced iPod and the rest, as they say, is history.

My favorite bit of tech lore comes from Ballmer himself. On January 8, 2007, Apple was not a player in the cellular phone business. Then, on January 9, Steve introduced an amazing gadget that was an internet communications device, an iPod and a phone. People asked the same question you just asked. Here is Ballmer's reaction, which couldn't have been scripted better for future business school classes on hubris:

Apple had ZERO sales. Windows phones were selling millions. Microsoft had no worries, right?

Right now, Apple COULD be Ballmer. Thankfully, they understand the brutality of the tech industry. Today's giants become tomorrow's also-rans. Sometimes very quickly. Apple is not resting on their laurels and proves that time and time again by introducing superior products that sometimes eat into their own former huge selling products (iPhone would eat into iPod sales... iPhone 6+ would eat into tablet sales).

The minute we see a similar interview as when Ballmer scoffed at the iPhone from Apple's executives, we can start to worry. Apple right now IS the Titanic, only it has a fantastic, efficient, high-performance rudder and crew. It can turn on a dime. The crew is attentive and vigilant. But they still must be wary of icebergs because the hull of the ship is still vulnerable.