Morgan Stanley sees Apple's strong holiday sales continuing into 2015

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 46
    mpantonempantone Posts: 2,033member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

And it’s now January 20th, so we are past the Orthodox Christians' Christmas, too.

My point stands.

As mentioned above, the Lunar New Year is February 19th, something that has been covered here many times before in the past month or so. It feels awkward having to mention it yet again, but hey, your lack of vision is an ongoing issue.

Let me guess: you've never been out of Great Britain?

And no, your point doesn't stand.

• Reply 42 of 46
    mpantone wrote: »

As mentioned above, the Lunar New Year is February 19th, something that has been covered here many times before in the past month or so. It feels awkward having to mention it yet again, but hey, your lack of vision is an ongoing issue.

Let me guess: you've never been out of Great Britain?

And no, your point doesn't stand.

Not to mention that people that celebrate Christmas aren't typically buying from Apple on Christmas Day. Many get cash and/or gift cards that they use later, often after the new year. I'm sitting on some Apple Store GCs waiting for the right item to come along.
  • Reply 43 of 46
    Then Morgan Stanley are wrong.

By holiday, they mean Christmas, but are using weaselly politically-correct language. We are now post-Christmas, so, by definition, Apple cannot continue their Christmas sales.

What are afraid of by acknowledging there are other cultural and religious holidays? I can assure there is no war on Christmas and Christians have nothing to fear from Hannakuhah.

Accepting someone else's relfigon does not make you a bad Christian, it just makes you less of an extremist nut.
  • Reply 44 of 46
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    solipsismy wrote: »
    What are afraid of by acknowledging there are other cultural and religious holidays? I can assure there is no war on Christmas and Christians have nothing to fear from Hannakuhah.

Accepting someone else's relfigon does not make you a bad Christian, it just makes you less of an extremist nut.

Exactly and indeed as has been discussed at great length here on AI, even non religious folks can and do enjoy the 'holidays', as traditions can be fun regardless or historic connections. latest data shows that non religious group is now a third of Americans*. Perhaps it is time to refer to America as a Judeo-Christian-Agnostic country given the 'Judeo' percentage is <2%!

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irreligion_in_the_United_States
  • Reply 45 of 46
    Katy Huberty...LOL!