Apple Store employees to get updated attire, go 'back to blue' starting Feb. 2

Comments

• Reply 21 of 78
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    Who cares? Give me more important information like how much of a discount they get.
  • Reply 22 of 78
    poksipoksi Posts: 482member
    Moving logo to center of T-Shirt. Angela is worth every cent of 74 mil/ year :D
  • Reply 23 of 78
    Looks exactly like the Best Buy employee shirts in my opinion. Would have expected more from Apple.
  • Reply 24 of 78
    freediverxfreediverx Posts: 1,423member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

In my local store one of the Apple employees reeked of cannabis. I don't care what people do on their own time, but that was unpleasant.

I would have considered the reek of cigarettes far worse. Fortunately I've never experienced either.

• Reply 25 of 78
    freediverxfreediverx Posts: 1,423member

I actually like the centered logo better. Other than that, this seems a lot like a new executive with a background in fashion and a humongous sign-on bonus making a change for the sake of change. I'd have expected something more significant.

• Reply 26 of 78
    Looks like Angela has indeed done a good job with updating Apple Store employees' attire. The new tees are nice!
  • Reply 27 of 78
    Makes me think of Windows. A walking blue screen of death.
  • Reply 28 of 78
    How they must suffer in those fancy air conditioned stores
  • Reply 29 of 78
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    Hopefully we can get back to the new attire and away from smoke discussions now? Did I read somewhere she's dropping the name tags? If so that is a mistake IMHO, I like being able to see their names.
  • Reply 30 of 78
    ciacia Posts: 256member

• Reply 31 of 78
    True but if he has a MMJ card then Apple could face complications in terminating the employee I would suspect

Oh I see. You're a forum contrarian. Yeah, I guess when Dre and Snoop Dogg rhyme about the sticky icky, they could be talkin' bout medicinal use.
  • Reply 32 of 78
    solipsismysolipsismy Posts: 5,099member
    True but if he has a MMJ card then Apple could face complications in terminating the employee I would suspect

And if they came in from their break with a foetor of cigarette smoke they would also be protected by law if they were old enough to legally smoke cigarettes? Alcohol is also legal, so should employees be allowed to come to work drunk? Exactly what law protects employees from companies that expect their staff to be presentable to customers?

apple ][ wrote: »
    Hey, I'm all for cannabis. I smoke plenty of weed, but any Apple retail employee who reeks of cannabis on the job should be fired.

For someone that smokes plenty of weed you sure post like an angry curmudgeon. My suggestion is to smoke more and/or better weed.

poksi wrote: »
    Moving logo to center of T-Shirt. Angela is worth every cent of 74 mil/ year :D

???? I was going to make a similar flippant comment.
  • Reply 33 of 78
    pfisherpfisher Posts: 758member

I like the consistency of a single shirt style. It's a uniform of sorts and having different kinds in a store could confuse people. People react to employee "uniforms". People may think, well, what is the role of that person with that shirt.

The logo in the middle was great. Don't see any advantage of moving it and making it smaller?

Of course, should allow employees to wear undershirt of some kind because of the comfort factor.

Is this change for change's sake? (trying to be grammatically correct there).

• Reply 34 of 78
    irnchriz wrote: »
    Maybe he is there specifically for 'creative' types :D

Although I personally believe all drugs should be decriminalized, stoned employees are a risk and a liability.
  • Reply 35 of 78
    pfisher wrote: »
    I like the consistency of a single shirt style. It's a uniform of sorts and having different kinds in a store could confuse people. People react to employee "uniforms". People may think, well, what is the role of that person with that shirt.

The logo in the middle was great. Don't see any advantage of moving it and making it smaller?

Of course, should allow employees to wear undershirt of some kind because of the comfort factor.

Is this change for change's sake? (trying to be grammatically correct there).

I liked the Apple logo in the middle since it echoed the product design, however I think the ID badges on lanyards were covering the logo.
  • Reply 36 of 78
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by poksi View Post

Moving logo to center of T-Shirt. Angela is worth every cent of 74 mil/ year image

To centre of heart. I believe the logo will be smaller and to the left (of the wearer). It looks fine to me but I hope its not sliding towards 'corporate'. The standard position for a company logo or 'badge' is to the left, and smaller. 

• Reply 37 of 78
    paxman wrote: »

To centre of heart. I believe the logo will be smaller and to the left (of the wearer). It looks fine to me but I hope its not sliding towards 'corporate'. The standard position for a company logo or 'badge' is to the left, and smaller. 

Yes, "shirt pocket position", even when there is no pocket.
  • Reply 38 of 78
    If he has a medical card or lives in a State where it's legal, and provided it doesn't affect his duties in any way I'm not sure there's much that can be done.
    Drinking alcohol is legal in all 50 states, but that doesn't give an employee the right to drink on break and return to work reeking of it. Or take prescribed heavy painkillers and be loopy.
  • Reply 39 of 78
    solipsismysolipsismy Posts: 5,099member
    Drinking alcohol is legal in all 50 states, but that doesn't give an employee the right to drink on break and return to work reeking of it.

It's medicinal, that's why I drink a bottle of Robitussin before work.
  • Reply 40 of 78

There are several reasons to move the logo:  1, when you wear a badge necklace, it will not cover up the logo.  2, consistency, when you have different styles such t-shirt, polo, even a sweater or a jacket, you don't have to change the location of the logo.  3, people are already in the Apple store, you don't need the Ironman in-your-face size logo, you just needed a gentle indicator who works for Apple.

Fashion is going to be very important for Apple now that Apple Watch is on the menu. Overall, I like it.