Rumor: Apple to hold event this month to unveil Retina MacBook Air & finalize Apple Watch specs

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 69
    solipsismysolipsismy Posts: 5,099member
    hmm wrote: »
    AT&T wasn't actually Cingular. AT&T still had its own service at the time. They acquired Cingular.

I worded my statement correctly. Cingular acquired AT&T (not the other way around) and then changed their name to AT&T.
  • Reply 62 of 69
    hmmhmm Posts: 3,405member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post

I worded my statement correctly. Cingular acquired AT&T (not the other way around) and then changed their name to AT&T.

Ah damn you are correct. I must be senile now.

• Reply 63 of 69
    34" Retina iMac.
  • Reply 64 of 69
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

34" Retina iMac.

Hope you are right.

• Reply 65 of 69
    brlawyer wrote: »
    Hope you are right.

I think something around that size would be great so long as it's in ultra-widescreen display.
  • Reply 66 of 69
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

There have also been claims that the device will feature the new, smaller, reversible USB 3.0 port.

I think the claim is that it will have a USB 3.1 port.

• Reply 67 of 69
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    solipsismy wrote: »
    I think something around that size would be great so long as it's in ultra-widescreen display.

What would you use such a large display for? Just curious as I have a hard time imagining a display that big being useful on a desk. Well maybe constantly in the way is a better description.
  • Reply 68 of 69
    wizard69 wrote: »
    What would you use such a large display for? Just curious as I have a hard time imagining a display that big being useful on a desk. Well maybe constantly in the way is a better description.

Xcode is one app that such a display would be great as you wouldn't have to constantly close and open so many of the options just to see what going on, but other professional apps would be great to use, as well as apps side-by-side. Remember our eyes are side-by-side and have muscles that make it much easier to see left-to-right than up and down.

edit: LG's stock image shows a good reason to have an ultra-widescreen display: http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-34UC97-S-ultrawide-monitor