Apple touts iPad as music creation tool in new ad featuring Elliphant

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 52
    sog35 wrote: »
    If you can't afford a new iPad every 3 years then maybe Apple isn't for you.

What the fuçk kind of statement is that?!
  • Reply 42 of 52
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    solipsismy wrote: »
    What the fuçk kind of statement is that?!

A postulate or a conditional?
  • Reply 43 of 52
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AnalogJack View Post

I'd wager that Jony Ive couldn't give a flying f**k about who puts what sticker on which object.

I agree. In fact if you're going to worry about stickers what about all the cases out there? I mean I'm using an Otterbox Defender and that's designed to completely hide the iPhone. Would Jony really have a problem like that? Hell no. He would say we are valuing his designs so much that we do not want to destroy their aesthetics.

• Reply 44 of 52

"Absolutely terrible" is what comes to mind when watching this ad with a "band" that hails from the Saudi Arabia of feminism...the guy having an epileptic fit at the end makes it particularly sad as a display of the iPad's purported qualities. Time for a new agency perhaps? 

• Reply 45 of 52
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

Does sarcasm have to be literally spelled out for you people? Okay, I will. I was attempting (unsuccessfully apparently) to be sarcastic about the slithering nincompoops who always have their knives out for Mr. Dilger whenever he publishes a positive report about Apple. I was mocking them, making fun of them by sarcastically preempting their usual responses. Hence the sarcastic retort that the iPad is an epic fail (in their eyes) when it obviously is no such thing. 

I got it.  Others get so touchy about every comment they forget what sarcasm looks like anymore.

I thought it was funny.

• Reply 46 of 52
    newbeenewbee Posts: 2,055member
    solipsismy wrote: »
    In my opinion, when writing in a forum environments where we skim posts quickly, so if your first sentence, much less your first couple sentences, start off in the same manner and tone as the anti-Dilger crowd, with no apparent sarcasm until you get much further in and need to compare the later sentences to the initial one (as well as hyperbole and 'the turn' for humorous effect) it's possible your post won't be taken as sacrum. Remember we don't have the benefit of facial expressions, cadence of speak, tone, or other cues to know when one is being sarcastic so it needs to be more obvious in the writing than being spoken.

For commenters whose names and writing style we know well we go into the comment with an expectation. If that expectation is different from what we expected we might re-read it more carefully to make sure we didn't miss something, which is probably why one of these people we learned to know in their writing over the months and years does write something we weren't expecting we are actually shocked by. I know am.

Sol, are you really going to lecture someone on how to write a post? Really? Perhaps you might try changing the way you read a post so you stop, as you say, skimming the post quickly. In my opinion, there was absolute clarity in Ikrupp's post to anyone who noticed the word "right" at the and of the 4th sentence. Even if you missed that, the following few sentences left no doubt about Ikrupp's honest opinion. Your snide reply was, in my opinion, not justified......just another example of making up one's mind based on insufficient information. :???:
  • Reply 47 of 52
    lkrupp wrote: »
    I disagree.

I think the iPad is hugely successful and is the future of computing. I always enjoy Daniel's erudite articles.

The only puffing I can see is that caused by your huffing.

Does sarcasm have to be literally spelled out for you people? Okay, I will. I was attempting (unsuccessfully apparently) to be sarcastic about the slithering nincompoops who always have their knives out for Mr. Dilger whenever he publishes a positive report about Apple. I was mocking them, making fun of them by sarcastically preempting their usual responses. Hence the sarcastic retort that the iPad is an epic fail (in their eyes) when it obviously is no such thing. 

Gotya.

I was wondering whether you were being tongue in cheek, I must say, but we get so many trolls casting unjustified aspersions on Apple, I felt obliged to take what you wrote at face value.

Sometimes, sarcasm is in the eye of the beholder.
  • Reply 48 of 52
    solipsismysolipsismy Posts: 5,099member
    newbee wrote: »
    Sol, are you really going to lecture someone on how to write a post? Really? Perhaps you might try changing the way you read a post so you stop, as you say, skimming the post quickly. In my opinion, there was absolute clarity in Ikrupp's post to anyone who noticed the word "right" at the and of the 4th sentence. Even if you missed that, the following few sentences left no doubt about Ikrupp's honest opinion. Your snide reply was, in my opinion, not justified......just another example of making up one's mind based on insufficient information. :???:

1) Yes, I'm going to state a fucking opinion when I damn well feel I want to state a fucking opinion, just as you hypocritically stated your about me stating my opinion. I might even start it off with "In my opinion…" for clarity sake because I eat my own dog food, as the expression goes.

2) As you state, "at the end of the 4th sentence." You may like to believe that everything you write should be read all the way through, but that would be hubris talking, so it's ultimately up to the writer to make their comments as clear as possible for their intended audience. I like to break my comments out to make my deprecate but connected comments more clear in a forum environment, but that's me.

3) I had no problem understanding his comment, and if you had read my comment as carefully as you are telling me to read everyone else's comments on a forum you would have picked that up. Then again, I know his writing style, you know, that thing you suggest is snide and unjustified as part of my previous comment.
  • Reply 49 of 52
    OK, let me see if I got this right. You had "no problem" understanding his post but you took the time to lecture him about it (two paragraphs yet) to explain how important it is to indicate in the first sentence that his post was meant as sarcasm. You probably wrote more, but I only read the first paragraph. Please note, my post contained no "f-bombs". You apparently used them all up.
  • Reply 50 of 52
    solipsismysolipsismy Posts: 5,099member
    newbee wrote: »
    OK, let me see if I got this right. You had "no problem" understanding his post but you took the time to lecture him about it (two paragraphs yet) to explain how important it is to indicate in the first sentence that his post was meant as sarcasm. You probably wrote more, but I only read the first paragraph.

It was my side of a discussion, and it mostly involved the vast number of readers who don't know his writing style or positions, and one could add those that have poor reading comprehension (as you've now shown in the last two comments to me).
    Please note, my post contained no "f-bombs". You apparently used them all up.

You will write f-bombs, and put it in quotes, but you won't write it out? Grow the fuçk up.

[VIDEO]
  • Reply 51 of 52
    Since when does maturity equate with the ability to swear?:\