Apple expands Maps Flyover support to 9 new locations including Venice, Italy

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mochi Fung View Post

(*scream*), instead of making prettier maps, they should have spent the time to add public transportation support.

If you have an iPhone or an iPad, you'll find that one of the icons is called 'App Store'. Tap this, and you'll find a few apps for public transportation.

• Reply 42 of 48
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ClemyNX View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Amazing what man can build to avoid invading hoardes.

That was at the beginning but yes.

A city like Venice would be impossible to build nowadays, there are literally several palaces in every street, and hundreds of churches with frescos made by the top Renaissance painters. It's a jewel. So precious that most people don't even realize when they're there. Everything is carved, painted and built with extreme care.

Indeed.

Venice is the most beautiful city in the world.

• Reply 43 of 48
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Good they got Venice while it's still above water.

If I remember correctly they're building some type of dam to restrict the influx of water.

Correct.

I don't know if it’s finished yet. I think it will lower the number of high tides that cause damaging floods.

• Reply 44 of 48
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

If you have an iPhone or an iPad, you'll find that one of the icons is called 'App Store'. Tap this, and you'll find a few apps for public transportation.

• Reply 45 of 48
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member

Venice is the MOSE project.

https://www.mosevenezia.eu

Looks like the London Thames barrier in function, block storm tides.

https://www.gov.uk/the-thames-barrier

• Reply 46 of 48
    solipsismy wrote: »
    [
    That's Flyover Tour, which is different than Flyover. Flyover just means you get the 3D imagery from any angle you wish, which is available for Devils Peak as I showed in my previous post. The Flyover Tour is simply an additional feature added by Apple to, well, take you on a tour of the city..

The Point. It flew right over me.
  • Reply 47 of 48
    philboogie wrote: »

You're pointing out Flyover Tour. Seeing that does mean that an area does have Flyover, but not seeing Flyover Tour does not mean that area doesn't have Flyover. You have to simply navigate to those areas, make sure 3D is enabled and then move through to see if the 3D imagery changes perspective to verify the LiDAR-based mapping is there.
  • Reply 48 of 48
    solipsismy wrote: »
    philboogie wrote: »

You're pointing out Flyover Tour. Seeing that does mean that an area does have Flyover, but not seeing Flyover Tour does not mean that area doesn't have Flyover. You have to simply navigate to those areas, make sure 3D is enabled and then move through to see if the 3D imagery changes perspective to verify the LiDAR-based mapping is there.

Oops, looks like I wasn't clear enough. I thought the past tense of flying was clear that I didn't get the point before but did after your first explanation. Thanks